Electric Fuel Pump for my 330 GT | FerrariChat

Electric Fuel Pump for my 330 GT

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by footUNDER, Jan 16, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. footUNDER

footUNDER Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Doug Hudson
    A question for the mechanics on boards....
    What is a QUIET electric fuel pump that is suitable for my 67 ferrari 330 gt?

The Holley pump I have on it now is VERY LOUD and may be pumping too many GPH.

What is the appropriate GPH and what exact pump is the one most popular to use when replacing the mechanical fuel pump?

Thank you in advance

Doug

2. jimmyr

jimmyr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Facet pumps work well and are fairly quiet. They are the Bendix designed pumps as used on the Daytonas, and are available at most auto parts stores. They have two different models, and the 2-4 psi is just right. Many of the aftermarket pumps are questionable when used on todays fuels, but the Facet has held up quite well. Jim

3. footUNDER

footUNDER Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Doug Hudson
    #3 footUNDER, Jan 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  4. jimmyr

jimmyr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jim
    The Facet pump you referenced is not the kind used on the Daytonas. No input on the Carters. The Facet pump that Autozone has is the direct replacement; it is about the size and shape of a can of Redbull.

5. Bob Zambelli

Bob Zambelli F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Manning, SC
    Full Name:
    Robert G. Zambelli
    #5 Bob Zambelli, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here is the Facet/Purolator pump I've been using on my 330 GTC for the last 30 years.

I mounted it in the trunk under the spare tire - VERY QUIET.

Part # PUR-40106

Bob Z.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. michael bayer

michael bayer Formula 3

Aug 4, 2004
    The Facet pump Item # 1105 is a dead on match for the as built pump it drops right in to a Series II 330, all you have to do is peel off the label and add the correct vintage label from Parker Hall The description below from Pegasus Racing:

Facet Silver Top Cylindrical Fuel Pump - 1/8 NPT portsMaximum fuel delivery 36 gallons per hour. Maximum pressure 4 to 5 psi. Typical flow 23 gallons per hour at 2 psi. 1/8 NPT female ports. Negative ground (12v) only.

For higher fuel volume requirements of engines above about 150 horsepower, the high-performance Facet Cylindrical pumps can deliver. Pumps can also be combined in series or parallel to achieve any required pressure or flow. Facet fuel pumps have low power requirements (about 1 amp at 12 volts) and operate without troublesome seals or diaphragms. Built-in pressure relief means no flooding after shutting down a hot engine. Facet pump number 476087 (E).

Note: The Facet “Interruptor” style pumps now feature reliable solid-state technology instead of points

Facet produces many variants of electric fuel pumps. Most of these variants are either the Cube style or the Cylindrical style. Unfortunately, that means that you can't tell which pump you have just by the shape. You need to know the Facet part number.

Where is the part number on my Facet pump?Facet pumps have several numbers printed on the label and stamped on the metal parts. Ignore all numbers printed on the label. The Facet part number is a 5- to 7- digit number stamped on one mounting flange as shown below.

Note that two to four digits will appear on each side of the mounting hole. Click either photo to enlarge.
    What does the letter at the end mean?Some Facet pump numbers end with a letter. The letter does not affect the suitability of the pump for any particular application (the 476087E shown replaces both the 476087 and 476087I).
    •E stands for Electronic, and I stands for Interrupter. When Facet switched the cylindrical pumps from points-style (Interrupter) to all solid-state (Electronic), this letter designated which way the pump operated. The two are fully interchangeable, and only the Electronic version is currently made.
    •B stands for Bulk, and N stands for iNdividually boxed. This refers to packaging only, and has nothing to do with the pump itself.
    The Facet part number will help us to positively identify which pump you have. Once you have the Facet number, you can either search for it on our website or call our Tech Line at 262-317-1200.

7. footUNDER

footUNDER Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Doug Hudson
    Thanks for the guidance. Just ordered it from Pegasus Racing and will let you know when I've installed it and the end result. Thanks again.