Borrani wire wheel restoration | FerrariChat

Borrani wire wheel restoration

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by fiatosca, Apr 23, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fiatosca

fiatosca Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Full Name:
    Bob B
    Interested in having a set of Borrani wire wheels from a GTE restored. Is Borrani America the best sounce? If so what is general turn around time and ball park cost to restore undamaged wheels?

2. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Cork Adams. Precision Wire Wheel. Has done 2 sets for me in the last 15 years. Always high quality and reasonable price. Do a search on this website.

3. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Cork did mine a few years ago. Turned out great, although he can take a while.

4. lancia

lancia Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Cork Adams is no longer doing wire wheel restoration; as I understand, he sold his business to Brightworks Restoration in Piqua, Ohio. Brightworks advertises as Borrani authorized. The starting cost for a rebuild is higher than it was from Cork, based on one inquiry. I have no experience with them regards to quality or time frame. Anyone have experience with Brightworks for Borrani restoration?

5. DWR46

DWR46 Formula 3
    Honorary

Jun 19, 2012
    Brightworks quality is better than Cork's, but the price is higher. You also should investigate Dayton Wire Wheel in Dayton, OH. I have also used them recently with very good results, and very fair pricing.

6. Longstone Tyres

Longstone Tyres Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    Hi

I would suggest it is worth having your wheels rebuilt by a proper Borrani agent who can be found from this web page here DISTRIBUTORS - Ruote Borrani that way it is still a Borrani. If it is rebuilt with Borrani components then it is no longer a Borrani

We do it in the UK through this web site https://www.borrani.com/

this page here https://www.borrani.com/ferrari-wheels/250-gte-2-2.html gives you the wheel RW numbers and offers the original 185VR15 Pirelli Cinturato tyres, though generally when i see 250 GTE cars they seem to be fitted with over size 205/70VR15 tyres.

7. steve meltzer

steve meltzer Formula 3

Sep 18, 2004
    with Enzo 8995
    I'm with Dyke Ridgley...had the Borranis on my Ghibli done by Dayton Wire Wheel and was very pleased with the results, and the fair pricing. No one is fast on this job, that seems clear to me. steve

8. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    It is true, no one is fast. When we do it we send them back to the Borranni factory in Milan.

I would strongly advise send them to Borrani to be done. That way they are done with proper Borrani components and it will not effect the originality with Classiche

9. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    #9 Longstone Tyres, May 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. straightpipe

straightpipe Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2007
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Cork retired, I can't remember his name, but Brightworks owner worked for Cork and brought all the equipment to Ohio. I was one of the first customers and he did a suburb restoration. Also stamped the wheels and was planning to get spokes from the factory around that time. I think he said he had been working on the wheels for 20 years. This was about 2 years ago 2015 or early 2016.

11. Longstone Tyres

Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal