This followed me home, but I cannot keep it...... | FerrariChat

This followed me home, but I cannot keep it......

Discussion in '348/355' started by carnutdallas, May 28, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    So I had an opportunity I jumped at. Who wouldn't if it was race ready F430 Challenge!?! Love the car, the noises the smells. I cannot fit in it and would require some pricey mods for me to use it on the track for fun. Has been maintained but not in the series in several years. Will be posting in classifieds later next week. I have approached BaT as well. Cheers!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Shame. That's a fun, fun track machine. You too tall for it?

Why does tapatalk not just put the images in the thread?

3. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I used the smaller image sizes too! Shows up on my Tapatalk. Maybe a setting?

I am 6'4". Need new seat, no seat track and fixed mount bracket. Could not then share driving with my business partner. We can share a Miata. Tight for me, but way, way cheaper to play with. This car came up and we grabbed it.... then reality set in.

4. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    The car looks fantastic. Beautiful..

5. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Nice, BTW what lift is that...8 foot ceiling?

6. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    NICE!

Robb

7. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob

I think ceiling is just short of 10'? Have not measured in a few years since install. I just looked on lift website for hours. Came across this one and they had a depot near me. I think I paid $2400 delivered and installed.

I mark the lift with lines and grease pencil and have labeled for my different combination of cars. It is tight but it works. There is a formula the sales man gave me to figure the ceiling height needed with cars and taking into the lift platform. But, again, I have forgotten it all

For years I swore to my wife I was not buying another house without a 3 car garage or more. My neighbor had the perfect set up 3 car doors with 4 spots, an outside gated pad and on the corner for easy trailer access. He said he was never moving and never selling. I guess we both lied. Neighbor #2 got divorced, my wife love his pool and yard, so I bought it. 6 months later, neighbor #1 put up for sale. . I spent so much making our home the way we wanted it, I could not flip it again and get into his house.

15 years ago I was building a house with a small kitchen and 1400 square foot garage. She threatened divorce. Moral of the story is I get whatever cars I want and can afford just as long as they fit in a two car garage with a lift

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
  9. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    I need one of those LOL

If I get another building a buying spree is in my future

10. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
  11. vjlax18

vjlax18 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 12, 2014
    Nottingham, MD
    Full Name:
    John
    Miatas and old BMWs are perfect for the track anyway. If you screw up and you put them into a wall, just walk away from the car and Uber home...

12. Badabing!

Badabing! Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2014
    NYC
    Is that car street legal?

13. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob

Nope. Does have functioning lights and turn signals. No horn. No heat or AC. No title either.

I am pretty sure I could drive it on the street to cars and coffee or something. But it would be miserable.... and illegal. Last thing you want is your untitled, unregistered, $100k race car impounded

It is for sale at $79k. Spares package is in the $15k range alone, but all is included. Waiting to hear back from a Yellow Compass connection. Will probably go on BaT for a world wide audience. Shopping it with several racers as well. Cheers!

14. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    $79k? Really? Was this car a total wreck at some point? That is the lowest priced 430C I've ever seen.

15. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    #15 carnutdallas, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017

Priced that way on purpose, but not indicative of a basket case. Has had both bumpers painted. Had one track incident to left quarter. I have the documented repair for that. Strictly cosmetic. Was raced by Al Heygi when new. Really just a back-up car. Sold in 2009 for $165,000 (have copy of contract) and campaigned in several Challenge races. Mid pack driver and finisher. Complete steel brake conversion installed in 2011 - Second owner was a little too budget conscience?!? Driven in track day events and supported in Dallas by 3 different track side service providers - Norwoods and FOD. The 3rd I do not recognize. I think it did some SCCA events as well. By 2013 the vehicle was used as a private track day car and my buddy who builds SCCA cars - GT1 and GT2 to Miatas - was doing the fluid services, safety prep and inspection and some basic service needs (new motor mounts, spring adjustments, corner balancing, etc.) Car has not been race prepped or on an SD2/3 since 2014. Last known clutch was less than 45% and mileage in the 9500-10K range. Owner would warm it up every 3-4 weeks, go out on his track, do a few warm up and hot laps. Then park it. My buddy would go grab it, check all the important nuts and bolts, swap tires, visually inspect and park it back in his garage.

So we priced it to make it appealing to someone who wants a track day car and knows they will need to spend a little money on it. It is the cheapest F430 (Street Car or Challenge) in country, I believe, from my research. I cannot fit in it and we are not going to prep it or go in that direction since I could not campaign it. It just had its livery removed. Needs a complete buffing and detail. Rockers painted. Both sets of wheels refinished. Dash is nice, but has some sticky and instrument binnacle has wear from gloves being rubbing on it. Will need a clutch - obviously if one wants to race it. Could do WRL, Ferrari Club track day events or whatever your budget allows. No engine oil leaks. Air lift works and does not leak. Does have a drip at oil tank drain. Last crush washer split. All lines, cooling fluids, air filters last done in 2015. Car has not been competing. Owner sold track and car was a separate deal.

I have been around and raced cars off and on for the past 15 years. It is one hell of a race car. It has been treated as such and not rubbed on with diapers. It is all there, all working and probably worth more parted out. The spares are worth close to $15K from my research.

I have it ready to go on BaT and have been emailing them. I am hoping to make some contacts through some emails I have been forwarded. Mike at Yellow Compass gave me some leads. Pretty sure it will sell for what I have in it. Will make a smoking deal for an F-chatter. Just passing along my good fortune and the fact I cannot really drive it without modifying seating extensively and then my buddy and I cannot share it easily.

Here are some links:
    https://youtu.be/tquyU5gTzUA

https://youtu.be/eXiKLUYa7jU

http://s264.photobucket.com/user/carnutdallas/slideshow/2006%20Ferrari%20F430%20Challenge

16. BrianNYC14

BrianNYC14 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Brian E
    Looks and sounds like a fun car, and that lift setup is great, Rob. A good deal indeed.

17. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Rob - the classifieds here are great - I'd suggest you list here before BaT. You would probably sell this within a week with a nice detailed listing.

18. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #18 Wade, May 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Tapatalk shows up as links in PCs, and my Windows phone.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #19 Wade, May 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Really nice! Congratulations too.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I don't understand Tapatalk - totally annoying :)

21. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Agreed.

Great 430 though.

22. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Thanks Dave and all the other positive comments. I am waiting for a call Tuesday from a lead then I was going to seriously market. Drop a line in 430 Forum and Race Forums, as well as a proper Classified ad. Just depends on how the other lead goes.

I figure BaT is a week to two out. Someone who would like a Ferrari for the track, priced really well if not ridiculously low should jump at it.

23. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
  24. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    If I had room I would be all over it
    The 430 is a most excellent track car with easier maintenance then the 458

25. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I tell you, I love my 355, but I may have to go 430 someday. Even as an F1 - cause a Gated would be out of my range. I really like the package. Granted I have only driven. This car on the street and not past 4th gear, but it is addicting.