Oil pressure too high ? | FerrariChat

Oil pressure too high ?

Discussion in '360/430' started by tvoismo, May 28, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tvoismo

tvoismo Karting

Jun 14, 2016
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Tor
    After driving the car in sport for a little while the oil pressure was from 7 all the way up to 10 ( Max ) Is this normal after driving a bit hard?

2. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Hopefully someone can shed more light but in my experience, both our senders and gauges are pure garbage.

3. tvoismo

tvoismo Karting

Jun 14, 2016
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Tor
    So you say it does not show the correct values ?

4. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    That is what I'm saying. There has been a few occasions where my oil pressure has dropped to 0/red light, then comes back after I restart the car...and my sending unit was replaced a few months ago.

5. Mickster

Mickster Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2015
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Mikael Andersson
    Yup! Cars made in Italy all have spooky electronics...

Tor: Could be something as easy as a bad ground.
    Or bad sender; Try to find out proper restriction values (ohm), for the sender and try to measure.

6. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    You mean resistance..

7. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Resistance is futile.

Accept the vague nature of the measurements. You may know how fast you are going, but not where you are. If you know your radiator temperature, you cannot know your oil pressure. At higher velocity, all tire pressures approach a standard mean.

And. Most importantly. If we get caught, I am deaf, and you don't speak English.

8. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    When engine is warm, gauge shows quite low at idle (not much above zero), make sure warning light doesn't come on, and it should climb linearly with RPM - maybe about 10 psi/1000 rpm. If it is at max at idle, or near zero at 7000 RPM (when warm) then I would talk to your mechanic...

9. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I had my oil pressure gauge peg all the way to the right yesterday, then jump to the middle when I turned the car off. Freaked me out for a second. May try to put another sending unit in there, hopefully the gauge isn't bad, I have no desire to pull the instrument cluster.