0862 Did it sell? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

0862 Did it sell?

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by Napolis, Jan 23, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Understatement of the year...

2. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    1970 PLYMOUTH HEMI 'CUDA 2 DOOR CONVERTIBLE $2,160,000.00

3. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!

Yes, indeedy. I think an order of Rossa Corsa diapers might be in order.

Dale

4. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Okay I was guessing :D ... according to the sales document 0862 sounds legit, so why the comments that this one is not the real one?

Are you saying the only real one is the P5. Isn't 0862 the actual hill climb car?

I think though it is time to let the sh t hit the fan. Surely we are not talking about the GTO prototype that is lost to some but in hiding to others?

Pete

5. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    No I was commenting on the McLaren Coupe. It wasn't the one Bruce built and drove and was in the Museum down your way before it was sold to the US where it still is. IMO that is the only McLaren Coupe. The one sold by RM was fully disclosed, it was built by Trojan, pretty cool but IMO the same thing.

0862 is another matter. While P5 was definitely not built on the chassis remains of 0846 or any P3 or P4 chassis after studying this matter it's my opinion that the chassis P5 (Japan) is built on is P5's original chassis and that P5 was not built on 0862.

6. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    ...new Millenium.

7. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    Jim,

What ya gonna get?

8. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    I am in your camp about the P5. The P5 is one of my favorite Ferraris, not one article I have read over the years has connected the P5 with 0862, except the R&M Auction catalog. This includes Sonnery's article in issue 97 of Cavallino, and Ludvigsen's article in the October 2005 Hemmings Sports and Exotics. The P5 chassis apparently remained at Pininfarina for some time after 0846 "hit the streets", and could very likely be the chassis on the P5 reproduction in Japan. Can anyone verify this?

9. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I believe that P5's original chassis remained at Pininfarina as did it's original engine/gearbox/steering rack/suspension arms and other original parts. I also believe that this chassis and these original parts were used to rebuilt P5. (You are correct the body currently on P5 is not original) P5 was rebuilt by Pininfarina and sold to a Gentleman in Japan. Pages 103-107 of the 0846 Papers touch on this. See "Ramiciotti Resurrects the Long-Lost P5" I believe this article is correct.

http://www.glickenhaus.com/jim/project.pdf

10. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I'm pretty sure as a kid I was fortunate enough to see this coupe in the flesh. My father being one of the biggest McLaren fans used to actually help out at the museum, and thus we used to go occassionally.

Now that and the Jaguar XJ13 would be replicas worth making.
    Pete

11. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I was trying to keep with Jim's subtle routine. :D

12. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I really dig 0862 . My kind of car . Light, small and powerfull .. One more to the list...

13. Birel

Birel Formula 3

Sep 12, 2005
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Andrew Turner

I thought the P5 was reincarnated / recycled as an Alfa Romeo, now painted yellow ??

14. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    P5's original body may have been. We're talking about P5's original chassis, engine, gearbox and other parts.

Best

15. TcpSec

TcpSec Formula Junior

Feb 8, 2004
    LA, USA
    Full Name:
    Zeno S Paradox
    Oh God!

I hope it is not going where I think it is going?

16. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus

Not going anywhere. Simply discussing two interesting cars. (0862 and P5)

17. TcpSec

TcpSec Formula Junior

Feb 8, 2004
    LA, USA
    Full Name:
    Zeno S Paradox
    Fair enough! If that actually is the case.

However, your response almost made it sound like real P5 is up for grabs (your hint: original chasis is still with Pininfarina.) It is anybody's guess who will actually grab it. It will open a real can of worms that nobody asked for.

18. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I'm not sure you understood what I said. It's my opinion that PF used the original chassis, and other original P5 Parts including it's original engine and gearbox, to rebuilt P5 for a client in Japan and that is where P5 is today. This is based on my seeing photographs that PF took of the chassis and other original P5 parts when they retrieved it from their storage area.

"0862 is another matter. While P5 was definitely not built on the chassis remains of 0846 or any P3 or P4 chassis after studying this matter it's my opinion that the chassis P5 (Japan) is built on is P5's original chassis and that P5 was not built on 0862."