WANTED: Red 456 | FerrariChat

WANTED: Red 456

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Kent A, Sep 1, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kent A

Kent A Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Kent
    I am looking for a red (Rosso Corsa) 456. I would prefer an "M" (1999-2003) but would consider a nice low mileage non-M. Anyone selling one or know of someone selling one please let me know.

2. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Family Classic Cars San Juan Capistrano, CA

They have one.

3. Davidindallas

Davidindallas Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    I know a guy in Dallas who has a nice 1995 for sale.

4. Kent A

Kent A Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Kent
    Thanks for the lead. I went to their website and looked at the car. Unfortunately it is the Metallic Red with automatic transmission. I am really looking for a Rossa Corsa with 6 speed.

5. Kent A

Kent A Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Kent
    Hi David,

You and I had talked about this car before. As a matter of fact I called the guy and he did send me pictures. I am trying to go next weekend to look at. I wish I could go sooner but I have been too busy.

Have you seen the car? If so, what do you think about it?

Kent

6. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    I saw that car last December. It's very clean, and I am sure they would like to move it.

I believe it's color "fiorano" if I remember correctly.

You might want to look more closely at it cause I think they would deal.

7. Kent A

Kent A Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Kent
    I have noticed that the automatic 456s sell for less money than the 6 speed models, but I can't see having a "Ferrari" with an automatic transmission. Also, there seems to be a lot of mystery about the auto trans in the 456 and I don't want to deal with that.

Kent

8. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    There was quite a thread of opinions recently concerning just this issue, but I wonder if the transmission issues with this vehicle are a failure of preventative maintenance.

Rifledriver seems to indicate that transmission issues are not a regular problem but that if and when they occur then they become an issue.

So, it's a crap shoot, but I would think an auto trans in this model might be a nice touch. I get lazy sometimes eventhough my 360 is a 6 speed, but I do like the automatics in my CL500 and 530i.

9. Angel Bello, Esq.

Dec 10, 2003
    Although not directly, I thought I would add some info to your thread.
    I own a 1995 456GT Rosso Corsa with Tan interior.
    I bought the car in Florida some 4 years ago and shipped it to Puerto Rico.
    Rosso Corsa on a 456GT is indeed rare, and eliminates some of the non-sport stigma associated with these models. On a factory tour in Maranello, I spoke with then Sales Representative for Italy, and personally told me that this color is not preferred by the Factory, and persuaded me not to place my order for my car in such color, for insiders though it wasn't "elegante". He strongly suggested for me to place the order for a grigio, nero or verde. I waited, and found my car. It is a dream. Pursue...

10. Kent A

Kent A Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Kent
    I have been looking for about a year now. I have only found a few Rosso Corsa for sale in the past year. Unfortunately, the ones I found were either more than I wanted to spend or they sold before I could get to them. I would prefer a "M" (1999-2003), but I would consider a nice non-M (1995-1998).
    How do you like your '95?
    Most people seem to like the 456 in darker colors, but I like the bright colors (red, yellow).

Kent

11. Angel Bello, Esq.

Dec 10, 2003
    It is a dream. Very strong car, especially if you keep it "in gear", making use of its prodigious torque and relatively light weight.
    I drive my car hard, and often keep up with all sorts of newer F-cars, including Maranellos and Stradales. Have also kept up with CLS55's.
    Two weeks ago, we had a drive through half of my Island, and hit 155 mph on several occasions, with three other people onboard.
    Get your car soon and enjoy it. Issues to be aware of: overheating when idling and the "crooked window syndrome". Buy a 6-speed...

12. etienne

etienne F1 Veteran

Jan 21, 2006
    Ferrari World...
  13. Kent A

Kent A Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Kent
    I am on a quest to find a nice Rosso Corsa/Tan 456. It must be a 6 speed and I would love to have an "M" version with Daytona seats. Does anyone know of such an animal?