BEARS TRYING TO KILL ME!!! | FerrariChat

BEARS TRYING TO KILL ME!!!

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by SpyderGirl, Oct 16, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SpyderGirl

SpyderGirl Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    What a comeback!!

GO URLACHER!!!!!!!!!!!

2. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
  3. SpyderGirl

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    I am still shaking and have a headache...that was unreal!

4 picks
    6 turnovers
    No off. TD...

And you win the game?!

Next person I hear say Urlacher is overrated, I am going to pop them in the snoot! He was a madman!;)

4. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    This is a game we should have lost. Wow... I really do not know what to say. It's good timing for a bye week so our off. (grossman) can work on their mistakes.

5. ScreaminRevs

ScreaminRevs Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    From the Bears' point of view, this was all Grossman's fault. Shades of last year and Kyle Orton...my God. Can't expect the defense to pull you out of a 50 feet deep hole time and time again.

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Actually ABC was killing me with the Bears game: No Bachelor in Rome.

7. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    I think someone got EXPOSED!!!!!

It was only a matter of time before Grossmans true colors came out. He's a FRAUD!!!!!!!!
    The Cardinals secondary read Grossman like a book.

8. ScreaminRevs

ScreaminRevs Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    True, they did make obvious reads on his stupid passing decisions. But he also lacked the touch on the ball....severely lacked.

9. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Some fault has to pointed at the offensive co-ordinator, for not making necessary play adjustments and the rest of the team. IMO, the players took them for granted, they were of a mind that they would come in and just roll over the Cards. Remember, "On any Sunday."

Grossman on Monday night, although he never has before, for some reason, looked way too much like Tomczak, one of the worst Bears QBs ever who had more interceptions than the NSA does with phonecalls, since the patriot act.

1) RG stared down his receivers, letting the Cards DBs know exactly where to wait for a quick-pick.

2) Repeatedly throwing into obvious double and triple coverage.

3) Never a thought of using his feet to run the ball, even when there was 20 yards of wide-open real estate in front of him and an attacker behind.

A QB has to do something to pull the safetys and MLB in, off of pass coverage, run the f'ing ball himself, shovel pass, delay trap etc. Keep them guessing, if they're not sure of what you're going to do, they have to think of covering the run. But I don't know anything about it.

10. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    Alright, lets all practice our Bear Super Bowl Shuffle!!!

Remember the 80's? God, I love them!!!

The refrigerator perry...
    McMahon, riding scooters (which, GASP, were hop back then)
    And Ditka....

Ohhh....to go back to that time...

11. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    When Ditka still had a brain.
    He lost it soon after...

12. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    That was on later, about 1:30 am....

13. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Darn, didn't check for that. My buddy has Sat TV and got the feed from NY. Lucky bastard.

14. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
  15. SpyderGirl

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    Bill, I agree with everything...and throw in a few other items like not establishing a real run threat, missed tackles... That was a disaster of a game. The D could not pull them out of it all the way either...a lot of bad luck by the Cards, especially the missed FG's...they really fell apart, more so than the Bears.

I am not sure of how true this is, but I was listening to the radio that night, and a caller said he could can read lips...he TIVO'ed the game and said he kept rewinding this one part where he "saw" Urlacher say F@$# this, the game is mine now! Soon after, Urlacher began to have an amazing 4th quarter...thank goodness he got that POed.

Rex has lots of work to do the next few weeks as does the offensive co-ordinator. I think all will be spiffy for the next game. :)

16. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Wow.

17. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I'm not sure what to make of the game. Was it one of those necessary "team of destiny" games, or is our little moment in the sun about to slam shut? It's hard to believe that was the same team that ****-stormed the Seahawks a week earlier. Maybe this will get their heads back on the field.

18. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    You have to keep in mind the Cards' front line is the tallest in the league. Rex isn't the tallest QB really so it makes problems seeing where you will throw. I will agree he was making bad decisions, but mainly because of this. I don't think he will have this problem with the 49ers.

The Cards' conditioning program doesn't seem that great. They get too tired in the 4th quarter. Seems like all of Green's prior teams has problems with conditioning.

Rex needed this "personal" loss. He will get better because of this and they're lucky they didn't lose momemtum by having a "recorded" loss. Plus, the bye week will just make him stronger since he'll have more time to hone in on those skills.

He was a good quarter back here at UF (my old school) so don't worry too much. He'll come back stronger. :)

19. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    #19 darth550, Oct 19, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Hi Haley,
    My post was mainly detailing the problems that I saw in Grossman, oh yes there were others.

As you said, the run threat, which is why I was mentioning the shovel pass and the delay trap, set it up to look like you're committing to deep passing routes, then get it to a RB or FB and let him go through the cleared short lanes.

As a last resort, Grossman should have taken the initiative to run his a*s through the cleared safety areas himself. They were WIDE open, on many plays.

The defense seemed asleep, for the first half and groggy in the third quarter. In the fourth they woke up in the middle of a losing game, thanks to Urlacher. Better late than never.

The Bears' missed tackles were quite disconcerting, but I have to say, the Cards had some measure of luck with them for the first three quarters, then it just ran out in the fourth.

Bill

21. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I just find it a bit frightening to see the "staring down receivers" trait of Tomczak being displayed by Grossman. I used to hurl almost everytime Tomczak hurled one, just kidding. But I couldn't believe he wouldn't run the ball, he may not be a track star, but in those moments he didn't need to be one.

I do have some confidence in Grossman, but I would have liked to have seen him "get his bearings" at some point in the game, and take control.

Bill

22. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I noticed there were a lot of wide open holes and he wouldn't run. That's what made me really angry. He reminds me a lot of our current QB, Chris Leak. Just afraid to run and take a hit.

I've always liked when some QBs would stare down a receiver and then at the last second turn his head at the other receiver and fire at him right away. No one even expects it. :D

23. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Agreed !! Frozen like a deer in the headlights.

Agreed!!

Jim McMahon was great at that, stare down one receiver and throw the ball to another one in his opposite visual periphery, often without even turning his head.

Bill

24. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    And now we get to scrutinize the loss of Mike Brown. The way the paper describes it, it's potentially career-ending. Great!

25. allegretto

allegretto Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2006
    Chicago Area
    Full Name:
    Herman
    I was at the game in Glendale and I think TV may have given some a different perspective. I also have spoken to Bears people;

- Quarterbacks can often run, but few do. You may have noticed that as long as the QB stays behid the line it's a hanky if you more than carry him to the ground. Owners want it this way so that's the way it is. Once he passes the line, he's a "ball carrier" and unless he slides he's fair game. Even if he slides he can be hurt bad as you have seen this season. Owners have too much invested in their QB's and want them protected. Except for a couple of exceptions like Vic and Young, coaches are telling them to stay back from the line, especially delicate ones like Grossman.

- If Grossman had connected on the first play, the game would have been decided right there. The Bears know they should have had a better Plan B for the offense, but didn't. They are aware of their coaching deficiencies in that game on both sides of the ball.

-Grossman's performace was not the only shortcoming, the O-line stunk. They know it.

- Expect the Bears to "discover" the screen, both back and flanker. I think they finally know they can't go deep half the time.

One thing for sure, as bad as Bear coaching was, Cardinal coaching was worse. Greene is p-poor as a coach and constantly blames those around him, when not playing the race-card.

All in all, a game of very poor coaching punctuated with some very special performances by certain players.

Leinert is the next Steve Young, for sure. Urlacher, while not always consistant, will eclipse all but Butkis. His strip of James was pure will, not many guys could make that play. Boldin outran him on several plays, but Brian was special that night.