OFF TOPIC | FerrariChat

OFF TOPIC

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by tonyh, Nov 27, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    anyone else been hit with this flu virus? i've been off work all week playing house husband as the wife's been knocked for 6 by it.better not rain on sat. as i'm climbing the walls here !!!!

2. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Hi tony sorry to hear of your illness,my brother has it he's been quite bad with it,he's off work with it at the moment,told him to stay in his bedroom,just dont want it thanks,
    cheers speedy recovery tony
    Dale.

3. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    I was hit quite bad a few weeks back. Fellin much better now.

I was wondering how you had found the time to post much more than usual!!!! ;-)

4. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Adnaan,
    to say this site has kept me sane wouldn't be an understatement! Everyone else is getting over this and i 'm just starting to pick it up....last night i was sweating up like a Scouser in Dixons!!
    Tony
    Dale,
    cheers.

5. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Come and live up North - you get used to the cold damp weather. Forecast for tomorrow isn't looking too good.

Tony - just looking at the picture of your Spider, has it got Tubi on that one ? - externally there doesn't look much difference.

6. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Tony

FChat is keeping you sane, but making me insane! After thinking about buying one for such a long time the only thing standing between me and buying one now is the wifey!

Watch this space guys....

Richard - I would have thought up north you would never get a chance to drive it what with the weather!

7. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Adnaan,
    My wife was the same.She still doesn't understand about my passion for cars and still regrets us selling our first-and her fav.- car, a 205 1.9 gti!
    Richard,yes it does. You need to be quite close to the pipes to notice a difference to stock.Tubi pipes are a good bit fatter and much shinier.I'll try and get a pic if you're interested?
    Re Tubi;
    i had one fitted last summer, cats removed and test pipes put on, by Scuderia Systems in Egham. I believe they have UK franchise to supply but i guess you can find one second-hand if you look.Can't recommend Scuderia highly enough{more free publicity, Manu}. I had it fitted by Graypaul while they carried out 15k service but otherwise Verdi do most of the fitting.I would leave fitting to the pros unless you know what you're doing.Price was £2.3 k fitted.

Regards.
    Tony
    www.scuderiasystems.com

8. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Tony

My wife is actually very understanding. Before we got married she knew I was a car nut, but she had no idea of the severity of my mental illness! She wants me to get a Ferrari as she knows how happy it'll make me. Its more the timing thats making me hesitate. Other things going on would make it more sense to wait, but i've been waiting for the "perfect" timing for a long time and you can always find plenty of excuses not to buy the car.

9. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Adnaan,
    do you know what you want,anything about within price etc?I would think this time of year's good to buy,especially a conv. or gts..
    Tony

10. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
  11. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Thanks.Have to find a UK stockist .
    Tony

12. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    DAMN IT! I've been waiting for good news on a deal. Instead looks like everything will be delayed by a week. Thats thrown a spanner in the works.

Tony - I actually looking for a Mondial QV Coupe. I want a coupe specifically so I can use it in all weathers. I've got a couple in mind that are coming up in auctions next week and the week after. With the other party closing the deal today I was seriously considering buying something next week. Now im gonna have to think about it....

13. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    Have you got rid of the flu yet tonyh ?????????or is it long term flu

14. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    still got it :(

15. stevew

stevew Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    uk
    Full Name:
    Steve
    thought it was a pain in the neck that you were suffering with at the moment mate;)

16. strad

strad Karting

Jul 31, 2006
    Kent
    Full Name:
    joe
    Were all suffering here now

17. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam
    steady Steve, steady :D:D:D

Fitzy mate, where are you going with all this thread resurrection mate, is there a valid reason?????

18. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    well my reason for this is that the site was better years ago than it is at the moment so i am just trying to go back there for some enjoyment its called post traveling

19. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    You need to get out more - you could be doing your Christmas shopping!

20. Martin H

Martin H Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2006
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Martin H
    I was about to have a severe case of man flu the other week, but jammed all the paracetamol I could plus lemsips down me and can safely report that I am, ok.

21. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam

yes I agree it was, but trawling up old threads is not prodctive is it??? hy dont you try starting some new worthwhile threads if you genuinely want to improve Fchat UK to resemble its former glory.