ATTN:: Abandoned 360 Modena in Kansas City parking garage. Who's is it? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

ATTN:: Abandoned 360 Modena in Kansas City parking garage. Who's is it?

Discussion in '360/430' started by patina, Dec 17, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carrollluvr

Carrollluvr Rookie

Dec 18, 2006
    Mission, KS
    I dont know, I havent been there since Saturday morning. I go there again the end of this week though. I'll take pictures whether it's there or not

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    [inside joke] I’m sure Scott T. has just placed Ferraris all over KC whenever he needs one. :D [/inside joke]

3. Cscat87

Cscat87 Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Chris
    i bet that car needs a lot of work to be road worthy again. all the fluids and lubricants have probably dried up and all need to be changed along with the oil, hoses start cracking. suspension sinks and all needs replacement (which is why you see cars on jack stands that are in storage), and the tires are definitely dry rotted. not to mention what else it needs from not being touched or moved in so long.

4. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    #79 bernardo66, Dec 18, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. Cscat87

Cscat87 Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Chris
    seeing abandoned ones are somethings more sad than seeing the ones on wreckedexotics

6. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I know exactly where this car is located. I park right next to it. It is patroled by security. It is a private parking deck on private property owned by a private entity. He has a parking spot and he paid money, and still does pay money to park there.

People posting on here don't know what the hell they are talking about. This car gets out a few times a year extensively. In fact, it was out late summer and was perfectly clean then. It just happens to be in the basement where dust tends to collect.

FYI: Quite a few cameras in this bulding.

It was there as of today.

Don't even think about it.

P.S. No way a flatbed is getting it out of there, and I don't think the owner is someone you want to be stealing from.

7. Argento839

Argento839 F1 Veteran

Oct 21, 2005
    I don't know what this is but it probably isn't what we think... If they know that the car has been there for two years, why haven't "they" done anything about it? All they would have to do it get the VIN and spend about 5 minutes and they could track ownership to the owner or the owner that it was stolen from... To think that the parking garage would let a car sit like that for two years and not assume that a high profile auto like this was stolen and contact the authorities is rediculous. Personally, I think it was placed there by the owner who lost interest (I don't know how).... Probably the landlord....

8. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

Poor little guy.....:p:p

9. KANE699

KANE699 Rookie

Dec 18, 2006
    After seeing this post I thought I should come in here and say something, the original post was just a way to attract people to come in and look. I never had any intentions of stealing it, if I were going to steal it, would I make a thread online about it? Hardly.

Anyways I thought id definatly look into the legal way of finding out more about it and what the deal was and what if anything I could do about it had it been abandonded. So I got the vin did a car fax and still plan to go ask the secuirty office about it tommorow to make sure this story is true, if it is then its the end of this story, not only would stealing that car be one impossible challenge but it'd be stupid as hell, I wanna know how an untagged and registered car is taken out a few times during the year though?

10. Vladimir L

Vladimir L Rookie

Jan 6, 2005
    Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Vladimir Londono
    The guy could have dealer tags on it so he doesnt keep it tagged.

11. KANE699

KANE699 Rookie

Dec 18, 2006
    Just looked like a really interesting situation to me when I came up upon it so I thought id look more into the situation and see what the deal is with the car. Couldn't hurt right?

12. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Good question, and I can't say for sure that I have your answer. I do know with 100% certainty that it does get out quite a bit during the summer (again, I park around it and see it switch spots frequently as well as seeing it driving around the area), and looks like the day it rolled off of the show room. I believe it had temp tags on it during early summer and maybe he hasn't bothered to get permanent tags until next year since it wouldn't be driven except for a number of times on and off during the summer.

13. KANE699

KANE699 Rookie

Dec 18, 2006
    I will say that Im definatly going to double check with security tommorow to make your what your saying is true, not that I don't believe you but so that I just have proof for myself.

It looked really suspicious to me so I had to figure out what was up with it for myself.

14. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    If it wasn't for the parking sticker in the window I would be suspicious, too...but that parking sticker is unique to that building and signifies that the car belongs there regardless of tags.

15. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Once again if you realy want the owners attention write a note or ask the security or any authority to post the note for you, simple and legal.

16. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I thought the original post was to alert us here that someone may be planning on stealing the Ferrari. A nice way to get the word out so that the owner could take some precautions if they were visitors to this forum.
    :)
    BT

17. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Oh well, it was good conspiracy theory entertainment for a few days...But there should be a DCF type law where if you neglect your Ferrari by not driving it AND leaving it uncovered for so long to gather dust....BAM, you lose custody!

18. rcm360

rcm360 Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Reese
    owner has been contacted and it will be moved

19. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Did he say where

20. mdaj

mdaj Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2004
    KC,MO
    Full Name:
    Mark W.
    LOL

21. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Travis is right...Thanks. :)

22. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    2 spaces over. It should be moved in the next 6-8 weeks.
    :D
    BT

23. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    LOL, BT.........beat me to it......

My car is sitting out under the tree in the side yard, if you fix the misfire you can drive it.............

Not too dusty, we've had rain....there's a lot of leaves and acorns in the rear engine vents though.........

I found the keys under the bed this AM...knock on the door...

24. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    #99 Tomf-1, Dec 19, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  25. poreilly711

poreilly711 Rookie

Dec 19, 2006
    If you look at the windshield it has both a Halls parking garage sticker and an access sticker to Loch Lloyd Country club. I am getting a divorce and had to move to an apartment on the plaza from Loch Lloyd. The car has been sitting for about a month, the garage is just dusty. I have several cars and run a dealer tag. The Plaza security called my apartment manager who called me to report this discussion. It is under heavy surveillance and I would suggest you go ahead and try to steal it. This is my first visit to the chat room, and the talk of stealing my car tells me alot about the people on this forum. I appreciate those of you who suggested stealing it as a bad idea.

Come on people, get a life.