BEARS TRYING TO KILL ME!!! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

BEARS TRYING TO KILL ME!!!

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by SpyderGirl, Oct 16, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AKain

AKain Karting

Oct 16, 2005
    N. Park/Roscoe, IL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Completely agree with everything said. The Bears 2ndary was looking horrid and just basically getting beat up. Bruce/Holt really weren't even really touched, which goes to show you how nfl vet. WR's can make rookie CB/saf's look like garbage.

Bears offense looked a lot more formidable. Agree with no long range, heave-n-hope garbage. Grossman wasn't rattled...I loved that he ran early against them....it shows a little maturity.

Jones/Benson....love 'em...1,2 punch as far as I'm concerned.

Bottom line: The Bears offense are on track. Our special teams are ****ing amped, upfront our D is the best in the NFL, but the 2ndary is lacking...

we're in the superbowl, I think.

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Another clean game again for Rex. Career high passing attempts, completions, and yards. No interceptions or fumbles, which is more important imo. I got upset towards the end of the 4th quarter. Rex had consecutive passes that set up a rushing TD, but the two following drives were 3 and outs and Rex never attempted a pass. They just kept running the ball down the middle. I'm not including the end of the 4th to run the clock to OT. It was only two big plays that allowed TB back in the game.

Now the Bears have homefield the entire playoffs with the win today and a Saints' loss to the Redskins. Hopefully the Bears d will be healthy after the bye week. Time to put in Griese for these last two games in my opinion. Don't risk Rex's health.

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Pardon my ignorance, but can you guys get me up to speed please: Are the Bears set to go to the Superbowl yet or not? And if so, what are their chances?

PS: Let me know if you need an update on any reality TV show. I'm happy to help. :)

4. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #54 bill365, Dec 21, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

The Bears are in the playoffs, with home field "advantage."

In the playoffs, you lose one, you're out.

Soooo, are they going to the Superbowl? Nobody knows yet, but it looks like the chances are good.

Hopefully they'll get and stay healthy, show a bit more consistency and pound their way through to the Lombardi Trophy.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. SpyderGirl

SpyderGirl Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    Me likes that scenario a whole lot! :)

6. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill

I had a feeling you would, Haley !!

7. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    They probably will go to the Super Bowl, but unfortunately not for the same reason we thought a couple months ago. Halfway into the season they looked unbeatable, but now it's more an issue of "Who's better?" And for what it's worth, the AFC is over-rated.

8. SpyderGirl

SpyderGirl Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    Wow...what a gift from R. Williams on the last play of the game. Glad I quit smoking last week because my heart skipped a few beats from that. I still think they are trying to kill me! ;)

9. AKain

AKain Karting

Oct 16, 2005
    N. Park/Roscoe, IL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I almost shat when that ball was in Detroit's WR's hands...

good god. Bear Down BEARS!

10. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Me too...

Can't wait for the Bears/Packers game..I'll be there. Kind of blows the time got moved back though...

11. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    The Bears should get rid of Grossman and get rid of Lovie for sticking with Grossman. These two will prevent the Bears from going to the Super Bowl.

12. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Nice. 2nd pick of the night for Rex. Oh well, maybe next year.

13. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    So we started the season with a potent offense and impenetrable defense. Now, our offense is anemic and our defense is mediocre at best. The Rex Grossman we've seen this year is the QB that he'll always be. To only be a questionable 6 feet tall quarterback in the NFL means you have to have some other X factor to be special, and he ain't got it. Almost every interception he's thrown this year has been the result of not being able to see the defender. Also, I'm glad Brandmeier and half of Bears nation wasted 2 months updating the Super Bowl Shuffle. My only hope is that this team realizes that, heading into the playoffs, they're arguably the weakest team. Or at least the team playing most on its heels.

14. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Ha. I'm guessing this comment was in regards to the loss against the Packers. If you watched the first quarter, every player on offense (and even defense) wasn't putting much effort into the game. They knew they'd be starting and replaced at half. The game was useless--at least for the Bears.

Today's game went well. Rex had one of the best QB performances this weekend among all playoff QBs. Peyton and Tom looked horrible. Some passes by Rex should've been caught. These are NFL guys, passes behind or in front of you always should be made if they hit your chest. So that INT wasn't really Rex's fault. The Bear's defense isn't all that great with their key losses and the Saints will be a tough team.

I think they'll pull a win against the Saints. They're playing at Chicago and I think the Bears' defense will really step it up, especially in the rush dept. McAllister and Bush won't get much on the ground. Bear's secondary isn't great at all, but just put pressure on Brees.

I also think the Colts are the favorites over the Pats. I know the Colts have beat then two times in a row, at Gillette. The Pats don't have a running game, but the Colts do in Addai. Both passing games are similiar. With the Colts running game and homefield, I think they'll pull out the win. The Patriots squeaked by the Chargers. They got a little lucky today in a few plays.

I don't think people give Rex enough time. This was his 20th career start to thereabouts. Barely over a season. He's made rookie mistakes because he's a rookie--experience-wise. He'll be better next year.

15. AKain

AKain Karting

Oct 16, 2005
    N. Park/Roscoe, IL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Great game versus the Seahawks. Decent job containing the '05 MVP. Rex was on...as on as I would expect him to be. If he plays fairly decent, gives his wr's a chance to make the play and doesn't get that deer in the headlights look during the pass rush, he'll make it out alive.

As for Colts/Pats, it will be a duel of greatness from the best two AFC (if not league) quarterbacks. Colts run D is obviously stepping their game up as was made clear by the KC game...I don't see any of the Pats RB's putting up crazy yards (moroney is so damn slow/faulk is nothing special)...but I do see Addai and Rhodes putting 170+ yds. combined. Pass game is going to also be crazy to see. Obviously Harrison/Wayne/Moorhead will be getting hit all game...can't stop that...Pats D is slow...but big. We shall see. I believe it's going to be a coaching battle and the jedi master will come thru. Dungy looks good because Peyton makes him look good.

Brady has more experience and more wins in the playoff's than Manning...you can never underestimate the Patriots, because somehow, someway they manage to continuously win games.

I'm taking the Colts. They're in Indy...can't beat it.

Colts and Bears in the Superbowl.

16. AKain

AKain Karting

Oct 16, 2005
    N. Park/Roscoe, IL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I almost forgot to comment on the Saints at Bears game:

"Do not underestimate the Saints," is what the Bears should be saying to themselves. They have the most talented, fresh offense in the NFC and they do huge things.

-Saints run multiple sets, and regardless of how good the Bears D is, that's a tough element to deal with on every different play.
    -Deuce is solid, all the time
    -Bush is out of his mind and WILL make plays if he gets the opportunity.
    -Brees reminds me of Farve with that rocket-laser arm (small Manning reference)
    -Henderson/Colston are great wide-outs and you better hope Horn doesn't play...that will just push them over the edge.

Basically, they have the offensive weaponry to ruin a team.

...but not enough to ruin the Bears.

Bears D will have interceptions, will be making fumbles, they WILL be in Brees' face ALL night and they'll be trying to contain the running game fiercely. It's playoff football, and although this is as far as the Bears have gone in the playoff's since 1690, their defense is ready to play championship football. They need to get the secondary up a little bit, that's their only worry defensively.

Rex is going to have to be straight up playing the best game of his career to beat the Saints. If they Saints score early, it's going to be hard for the Bears to come with it right away. Rex is on and off, the receivers looked on and off against Seattle...

Bears O line needs to keep em out to let Sexy Rexy get off some passes. The saints should be scared of the deep ball from him though, as Berrian showed you yesterday.

Hester could do anything...and we have Solid Gould. ;)

Bottom line: Game is at Soldier Field, and that takes A LOT away from the Saints.

Bears are going to the big game. Wouldn't bet on the Bears ever, but I think they'll do it. I hate when people talk teams up...their just looking to get upset, but I think Rex will be on and the D will be going nuts.

17. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Deuce is the guy we need to keep from beating us (duh). Bush is a stud, and will be a force for years, but right now he seems young and vulnerable to mistakes. Plus, this is a long season for a rookie. Drew Brees is the latest of QBs whose job it is to manage the team without F'ing things up. I don't know how our lines match up, but that's where the game will rest. That, and with the linebackers. If they're as inconsistent next week as they were against the 'Hawks, the Aints are gonna run wild on us.

18. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Geaux Saints!!!

19. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    :p

20. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Bush looks too small to be a full-load RB. He can't get as many touches as Deuce imo because of that. Deuce is a pretty big guy and can take the tackles over and over everytime for a whole season. Reggie will be good as his backup.

Brees will probably be passing more in this Bears game as the Chicago secondary isn't that good at all.

21. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    It's definitely going to be a good game! I wish I could make it up to it. :( Our boy's are gonna give y'all a helluva game regardless. I'm almost hesitant to think what will happen to this city if we win.

Dave in Nawlins

22. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well, if the offensive line can give Rex enough blocking so he has some time to throw, he can put the ball just about anywhere he wants to put it. The problem the past few games has been that he gets rushed by the opposing defense, because the line is not been offering him enough protection.

That being said....."GO BEARS!!!!!!!"

23. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I get a kick out of Ditka's latest rant. One day he tells people that living in the past is for losers. The next, he's moaning about being jerked around by team owners...in the past. I guess "living in the now" is subjective.

24. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    At the risk of stating something blasphemious: Cool rationale and straight logic are not the first terms that come to my mind when I hear Ditka. The man is a legend, a Beckenbauer he is not.

25. AKain

AKain Karting

Oct 16, 2005
    N. Park/Roscoe, IL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    And for some reason he's quick to tell you that he got fired by both teams...