What cell phone has the best web browser? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

What cell phone has the best web browser?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by jungathart, Jan 23, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ace503

Ace503 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Korben Dallas
    I have about 100 songs on mine. for like 20-30 bucks you can buy a 512mb little mini sd card, stick it in the blackjack and store the songs on that. Instead of itunes, it plays through windows media player.

2. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    Just checked this out @ Cingular. Cool, but no Cingular service where I currently live. Might consider if I can use my mailing address in Texas.
    Thanks for the pointer.

I notice nobody mentioned the Q phone. Thoughts?

3. Ace503

Ace503 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Korben Dallas
    Q is virtually the same as the blackjack, the blackjack is just a little smaller. And the Q is only on verizon at the moment. I talked to the guys at cingula about the Q and they said it had alot of bugs and problems so their not carrying it untill 2nd or 3rd quarter this year once motorola works out the quirks.

You may want to look at the iPhone

4. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    I have a blackjack and I am quite happy with it. I came from a SLVR and before that a RAZR. All within the last year by the way.

My phone is in 3g most of the time. Yes Cingular has 3G. I also transfered my memory card from my SLVR to the BJ and have had no issues loading songs and videos on to the memory card and have no issues viewing them.

I as well, have found that apps running slow down the process speed, so I made a short cut straight to the apps menu to stop all, and then have no issues. All in all, a great phone and I was going to get the 8525, but don't need touch screen and dont like the size, as seen by my previous two phones....

On topic, the web browser works great in 3g or Edge when it falls into that. It had loaded online videos and just waiting on getting my slingbox so I can really have fun with the fun. I am a nerd. I know.

The Media works program is great for loading backgrounds and what not as well.

5. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    The Q is not nearly as powerful as some of our other PDA's. I tend to classify it as more of a "smart phone". I have been fairly suprised at the response about the Blackjack. I have only spent a few minutes with one but it did appear to be exactly the same setup as the Q. I never hear to many problems with the Q other than the short battery life due to the fact it's a thin phone with a thin battery. However there are much better devices if you want to surf Fchat. We are selling a lot more aircards for laptops now that most major cities are getting EVDO. If you don't mind carrying your laptop it's the way to go. If you have service with Verizon it's 59.99 a month if you have a cell through us where as you pay 44.99 for PDA internet.

6. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    I stand corrected - Cingular/EDGE does in fact have 3G capabilities. The iPhone, however, does not.

From the wikipedia entry on EDGE:
    Whether EDGE is 2G or 3G depends on implementation. While Class 3 and below EDGE devices clearly are not 3G, class 4 and above devices perform at a higher bandwidth than other technologies conventionally considered as 3G (such as 1xRTT). Because of the variability, EDGE is generally classified as 2.75G network technology.

7. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    ..and women!

8. bgomez

bgomez Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    I originally was going to get the Q but spoke with several people that have it and had several issues with it. The Q is also a bit bigger as is the Nokia E62.
    Wifi and touch screen would have been cool but oh well.
    Redhead- if you hold down the home key it brings up the task manager and you can quickly stop all from there. Hold down the scroll button and a different menu pops up. Not sure if you can assign different functions to these buttons. Still not able to view excell or powerpoint; not sure what I am doing wrong.
    iphone looks promising will have to get one.
    Bill

9. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    Thanks. In order for me to understand this tech talk, I'll have to have it translated into Ebonics.;)

I'll have to look more into this. But E62, and Blackjack, and 6700 look to be finalists.

10. M3-ADDICT

M3-ADDICT Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2006
    NOVA
    I test out my Treo and I was pretty happy with it. I wasn't happy with the bill though when it came. It was almost as much as what I pay for my minutes. But because you have the eyboard right there, it's really easy to use.

11. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    I like the heft of the Treo, it feels good in the hand, and could function nicely in a self-defence situation.....after which you would use it to call an ambulance for the perp.:)