348 round taillights vote YES or NO | Page 2 | FerrariChat

348 round taillights vote YES or NO

Discussion in '348/355' started by Raywheels, Mar 29, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. plugzit

plugzit F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Bruce Bogart
    I think you have to be patient with the questions. They're trying to make conversation with you but don't know many reasonably intelligent questions to ask. Usually "what year is it" is a complimentary question and they want to know more but don't know how to ask. They want to be able to tell their friends later "I saw a really cool Ferrari today...it was a.....the guy driving was......he said driving the car was the most fun he'd ever had with his clothes on!" I say be patient and try to give Ferrari drivers a reputation as nice people and true car enthusiasts!

2. stevew

stevew Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    uk
    Full Name:
    Steve
    No, No, No, No, No No, No, that is so wrong

3. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Round lights are not for me on my 348. Not a purist or anything (I think the stock 348 wheels are not that nice, for example), just find that it isn't a cohesive change to my eye.

That said, I think the 355 lights look great on a 355.

Cheers
    Kev

4. pbrown

pbrown Rookie

Feb 17, 2006
    NC
    Full Name:
    PB
    Round lights and challenge grill ---all day long!

The 348 character in the doors, engine cover is great/defining; however the rectangular lamps covered by a grill that blocks their visability probably caused their downfall and replacement by the rounds from the 355 and all models thereafter. The round lights are a Ferrari trademark and I think the flexibility that Albert328gts has is the best way to go.

Albert328gts your car looks GREAT IMHO.

I've sent you an email for help on wiring the round light plug into the standard 348 modular plug. Please help. Thanks!

5. albert328gts

albert328gts Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Just sent you a PM

6. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    I agree Plugzit! I was speaking for myself as to what 'I' ask an owner when I see an exotic, I am never impolite to anyone who asks me questions about my 355 ;). Even when huge breasted women come running up with bazongas bouncing only to be sadly disapointed because my 355 was not a 348 :( ;)

7. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
    I don't have a car yet, but one of the first things I want to do is put on 355 wheels, and a 355 Challenge screen and tailights. Maybe I'll do like Albert, and have it convertible. I could run the 355 Challenge rear with the targa top up, and the 348 slats with the top down. I like em both. I think the SS tail looks too much like my Fiero.
    Bee Jay

8. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
    Big breasted women with bazongas bouncing? Damn, I gotta get my car.
    Hey, I get the "what year?" question all the time with the Vette, even with the "79 Vette" plates. Usaually it's to tell me what year they, their uncle, brother, cousin, or sister has or had. Big breasted women huh? How come PAP and Chris didn't tell me about that benefit? I hope the wife doesn't mind.
    Bee Jay

9. Dr.T348

Dr.T348 Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Chicago NW Burbs
    Full Name:
    Richard T.
    #34 Dr.T348, Mar 29, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    I've said this before. It doesn't really matter to me if anyone prefers the look of 355 tail lights on their 348, but I think they should remove the "disegno di Pininfarina" badges from the car if they are going to redesign it.

11. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    Today round lights. Tomorrow maybe cheese graters!

12. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    All right, you forced my hand. There's an old insiders' trick for those who like the 355 wheels, 355 taillights, 355 challenge grille, 355 deck, 355 exhaust notes and so on. And I realize maybe I shouldn't be posting this on a public forum, because it has been a secret for a decade now - call it privileged information. And I hate to be the one to blow it. But I guess we're all sort of e-friends here, so here it goes:

Buy a 355.

13. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Great answer. But first of all, 355 owners assume that a 348 owner is modifying his car to look "newer". Arrogant assumption. Both of these cars are by now ANCIENT.

Fact is, many Ferrari owners dislike certain aspects of both cars. I like the side strakes and the bumpers of the 348 much better than the 355. But I much prefer the 355 wheels over that of the 348. I'm take-it-or-leave-it on the tail lights. So I bought 355 rims. I think it looks great.

Why isn't it OK to just do with the car what YOU like, without taking grief from someone ELSE? I mean, as long as the car can be restored in an hour or so, what's the big deal?

People have been swapping peripheral accessories out on cars since the first car was built. A friend of mine's '57 Corvette was restored to better-than-new, but he put a racing tranny/suspension in it along with aftermarket wheels. It happened to win BEST OF SHOW in a recent huge car show here with over 370 fine cars.

Ferraris were made to enjoy, and to customize, to the owner's liking. No two Ferraris are exactly alike. I think it's great.

14. CRAIGF355

CRAIGF355 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2005
    NJ
    Full Name:
    CRAIG ANDERSON
    BULLFIGHTER Hit on the nose. you 348 guys need to just step up. I like the 348 for what it is a wantbee testarossa and I like the f355 more faster sweeter sounding better looking car now the truth is out. Ha! HA! and stop wasting your time and money to make a 348 a f355 which it will NEVER be .

15. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    A round taillight kit would be one of the first things I'd do to a 348... I really like that look.

16. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    And thank goodness for that! ;)

Hey CRAIG, I found this earlier post from you. Shouldn't you be stepping up to the plate to get an Enzo big boy? Quit wasting your time and money trying to make your 355 be a 360 CS or ENZO which it will never be. No hill for a climber like you I'm sure...

#22 12-19-2006, 02:31 PM
    CRAIGF355
    Karting
    Not Subscribed Join Date: Nov 2005
    Full Name: CRAIG ANDERSON

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought an enzo or 360 CS key would like to know if it will fit f355 and does the carbon fiber key that is on page one fits the f355. thanks

17. saeaudio

saeaudio Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    well I gess its a personal choice. I think people can put the one they prefer. Personaly, I prefer the original but my friend did the modification and it look okay , but is wife was not impress.... its a mater of taest so its up to the driver...
    Now to change topic for a 348
    should I put a TUBI or X-OST maranello ?

18. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    #43 brent Lachelt, Mar 29, 2007
    Jeff I just couldn't resist!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. Armenhaz

Armenhaz Karting

Nov 8, 2005
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Armen
    348 LIGHTS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Absolutely looks better to me. Why? Because it looks different than any other Ferrari (except for the 512TR). The only nice thing with the 355 setup is the challange grill option where you can see through and see the exhaust and engine, and possibly have better engine cooling that's all.

20. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Yes Albert, as you say, "I bought a Ferrari, for me. Yup I am one selfish guy:)". You're right-------no one is right and no one is wrong-----in terms of appreciation of "beauty". It really is about YOU and what you like. Hey, it's also about all of us and what we like. But, NO ONE has the inside line one what's "right" in the world of beauty. Remember the addage "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". It keeps ALL of us from loving THE SAME SINGULAR PERSON.

I'll say this, if my Rachel, a Mondial t. Valeo, Cab-----were a 348, I would absolutely buy this tail light upgrade. Why---------options!!!!---------important point---------unlike a tatoo----------I can undoo:)

Cheers all, Hank

21. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Mr. Bogart, that was a very sensitive, careing and astute post. I treat all those very similar questions - with responses, obviously, much like your's.

Cheers, Hank

22. [355]

[355] F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2006
    Spacious tent
    Full Name:
    Harold Faltermeyer
    NO

the 348 rear trim is all part of the charm!

why try and turn it into a not-quite-355

leave the 348 as is....the 80s slat style is retro cool and i love it :cool:

23. Bee Jay

Bee Jay Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2004
    Lompoc, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Bernard E. Jones
    Didn't Pininfarina design the 355 tail? So if you put a Penin designed 355 tail on a Pinin designed 348 tail, why take the Pinin design sign off? Niether changes the name on the title, yours. Do what you want with your car.
    Bee Jay

24. dc348

dc348 Formula Junior

May 27, 2006
    Luckily back in HK
    Full Name:
    DC
    #49 dc348, Mar 30, 2007
    I do like the look of the round lights, but I do agreed with a lot of people here that the original set up matches the whole car. What about this set up for the best part of both world.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005

OK!

This I like! ALOT!

Post some more photos and information please...
    Never seen it before