ideas for 308QV mechanic in south bay? | FerrariChat

ideas for 308QV mechanic in south bay?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by fawawi, Apr 24, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fawawi

fawawi Rookie

Apr 20, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Robert Ulrich
    I'm looking for a good mechanic for my 308QV, preferably in the south bay. I know of tony palladino, but it's just too difficult to get in there, and brian crall said he doesn't want to do older stuff like 308s. I just need the usual maintenance stuff, full fluid change and a look at the steering box, which is getting a bit loose.

Thanks in advance.

2. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Brian said that??

3. tony2ta

tony2ta Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2004
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    That's easy stuff to do your self.

T

4. Financialman

Financialman Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    San Jose CA
    Full Name:
    Dan Carpenter
    Talk to Jaun at Grand Prix motors in Campbell. He does a good job.

I forget his number but he is on Kennedy ave in Campbell.

5. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    My mechanics do not know cars of that vintage nearly as well as the newer cars and we have more work than we can do. That combined with the fact that anyone in this business who trys to deal with all Ferrari's from 49 to 07 is just kidding themselves and their customers. It cannot be done well. Specialization is required if you intend to perform well. We had to draw the line somewhere. I have only 2 clients left with 308's and we are trying to whittle that down through attrition. The very few early cars we attend to are looked after by me personally and I have very little time for those as it is.

Unfortunately I am forced almost every day to turn work away. Qualified people are very hard to find and I am afraid because of that expending is probably just not in the picture. We are constantly trying to focus on a segment of the market so that we can provide that segment with the best service available. We are not inclined to be a jack of all trades. I know very well from my 30+ years of experience that trying to be one meets with very limited success at best.

6. vm3

vm3 Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2007
    California
    I need a shop to maintain my 360 too. People recommend Brian but he is too far away from me and apparently not taking new customers. Tony is not taking new customers either, and Dale does not have the diagnostic equipment for major work. FoSV is the closest and happy to take new customers, but no one recommends them. Are they that bad? I used them once for installing a Tubi and skid plates and they seemed OK, just expensive. Since I can't go to the independent shops, where else can I go?

7. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    Robert, you live close walnutcreek, check out prestige autohaus, ask for Miki or Ben they used to own the dealership for ferrari of Sacramento years ago and now they service mostly older cars, I live in the sac area and it comes time to buy I hope it will be from them, they also have a web site www.prestigeautohaus.com check it out. Also check out the ferrari doctor, Sal Garcia in san francisco (415)861-2223. hope these help, let me know.

8. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    We take new customers, just not of the 308 era.

9. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    If you can't get your car in to see Juan @ GP Motors in Campbell, try Johannes @ Dino Motors in San Mateo. It's a bit of a haul from S.J. (okay, it's not *that* bad), but he's certainly up to speed on 3x8 cars. He did a nice job on a tuneup for me last summer.

He's fairly priced, takes care of several FChatters' cars that I can think of off the top of my head, and you should be able to get in to see him sooner than later. Here's his number:

(650)571-0406

...and Juan's number:

(408)364-0881

10. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Try ROSELLI 408-297-0303 they specialize on Dino's and older 308's. They are at Lincoln near San Carlos Ave.

11. Zigno

Zigno Karting

If you are willing to go over the hill (hwy 17) I've had good luck with my '78 308 at Fiorano Motors in Monterey. Ask for John Bagioli.......831-655-4943.

12. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Compared to the dealers one of the good independant shops can fix your 360 and have you picked up by Limo or a chartered helicopter, your choice, and still save you money.

I have provided that service and it is an easy offer to make.

13. vm3

vm3 Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2007
    California
    Wow, helicopter! You're not joking?

What's the cost for clutch replacement, and brake replacement?

How long does it take to get an appointment and the work done?

If my clutch starts going, can I drive the car to your shop?

14. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Has anyone mentioned Johannes?

15. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name: