New Coupe MSRP? | FerrariChat

New Coupe MSRP?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by ebrigham, May 17, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ebrigham

ebrigham Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC
    Anyone have any firm details on this? My dealer quoted $120 - $140k - which basically means $140k assuming it's well optioned. For a few reasons, we are not very interested at this price, but want to see if we have wrong information.

Haven't posted on these forums in a while but have enjoyed the time with our coupe. Looking to trade in for something with more room...

2. JM4re

JM4re Formula 3

Aug 21, 2006
    Nothingcouldbefiner
    Full Name:
    JPM

3. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    I've been told to expect a base price of close to $103k. We'll see...

4. JGT

JGT Karting

Feb 18, 2006
    Spain
    What is the price of a QP in the US? Just so that I can put things into context.

So they actually expect to build more GT's than QP's since start of sale is only in September 2007.....It is a truly beautiful car but I am waiting for the F1 version if the price is reasonable....my dealer will have a demo version at the end of June.....

5. ebrigham

ebrigham Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC

6. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig

7. JGT

JGT Karting

Feb 18, 2006
    Spain
    So you would also only pay the same price for a tailor-made suit and one you just buy ready-made in a shop then..... I have been doubting a lot between the latest M5 and the QP. I drove the M5 many times and my friend has one. But I would gladly pay a reasonable premium again for the Maserati! While the M5 is a hell of a car, very fast, almost perfect it misses the soul, the feel of a quasi exotic of something special and the exclusivity and admiration the Maserati gives you. A extreem saloon vs a quai exotic with 4 dors. Basically it is one-of-a-kind competing with a very very very fast 5-series.....it is a fight between choosing rationally or with your hart.....I will have the same fight again when choosing between the new M3 and the GranTurismo....if the premium is reasonable my hart will win it easy this time since last time I feared reliability of the Maserati and after 45.000km with the QP I had less problems than with my 7 series........

8. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    I don't argue your analogy, I just don't think the Maserati brand is strong enough to sustain a market paying a $30k-$50k premium. I love the QP, it is my all-time favorite sedan and I'm sure the GT will be even better but I doubt that's enough incentive for large premiums.

9. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    agreed 100%. too many cars too many dealers trying to get market share will never sustain a market premium like a ferrari

10. JGT

JGT Karting

Feb 18, 2006
    Spain
    I think Maserati is only at the beginning of a big recovery.......and if you want something special there are actually only a handful of brands you can go to; all of them with very limited production......What is the combined output of Ferrari, Lambo, Aston and Maserati?
    If I want a fun sporty car that actually is able to transport 2 adults, 2 kids and some luggage if needed what else can I buy? A very expensive 612? An expensive Aston DB9? A "boring" Bentley GT? Or a "rational German" (M6; M5; CLS63....)....
    The Maserati's are just in the middle and for me the best of both worlds: a bit exotic but also practical; rational enough but with lots of soul....so a 15% premium to a bulk-build German (10% to an R8 or M6 -
    maybe price premiums are different in the US?) actually sounds very very reasonable to me.....Agreed for a real exotic sportscar the choices are even smaller and that is why they will always trade with a bigger premium.....

11. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    The only problem is that supply and demand is at work. In the US, Maseratis just are not at the point where they are selling out, let alone demanding a premium.

They are the best deals in the used exotic market today. Prices are very soft. Glad to hear you are willing to pay a premium, you just won't have to.

-dsd

12. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    It was just announced! Base price - $110k...with gas guzzler, destination, dealer prep = $114,650

A few new items that will be available include;
    30gb hard drive for Nav.
    11-speaker Bose w/100 hrs of music storage capability.

:)

13. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    Wonder if this is the same as the new Bose Infotainment for the 612? Specs sound similar.

-dsd

14. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    What's the latest on transmission options? Any word on a manual?

15. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    I agree, it does sound like the new Bose system that's available in the 612 and for the time being, it will only feature the ZF 6spd auto. I've been told the DuoSelect will return for 2009. I'm not sure if that's model year or calendar year.

16. JGT

JGT Karting

Feb 18, 2006
    Spain
    So 10% below a QP? (What is the "official" price of a QP in the US?) .... Maserati assured me (not the dealer) I will not have to wait too long for a duoselect version but could not commit to a date........it would be perfect if it also gets an HP upgrade....Silverstone grey, light brown leather and powdercoated wheels....

17. ebrigham

ebrigham Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC
    Update. Looks like we will wait this one out for a bit. And looks like we're getting an Audi S6 (random huh?). May eventually put ourselves on the wait list for the new Maserati coupe and see what happens.

18. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Last I heard from the local dealership was that the first year will all be automatics, but then they'll introduce a more powerful version with Cambiocorsa, not sure about a standard 6 speed though. I'd definitely wait out the first year unless you like slushboxes.

-R

19. JGT

JGT Karting

Feb 18, 2006
    Spain
    In the few countries where pricing is officially announced the GT is more or less the same price as a base QP or a Gransport Spyder and in between a MB CL500 and an Aston V8 Vantage. Skyhook is an extra €3k. Press is saying that 2007 production is sold out ....