I thought Pantera's were more $ ? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

I thought Pantera's were more $ ?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by Francesco_Baracca, Apr 26, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cntchds

cntchds Formula 3

Oct 22, 2005
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Peter Hatch
    There is no way you can claim something like that, and not even give us a picture or two. ;)

Peter Hatch

2. carsinxs

carsinxs Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2007
    On The Fence
    Full Name:
    H
    What powers have been bestowed upon you to determine what I can and can't claim? I can claim whatever I want. You got one? Let's line them up in the flesh for comparison.

3. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

ok, ok...calm down! peter hatch was simply attempting a bit of humor so that we could all see some picture of your goose!!!

we just want to enjoy the pics and no one is doubting that you have one of the finest (if not THE finest) on the planet.

i love the goose!!!

4. carsinxs

carsinxs Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2007
    On The Fence
    Full Name:
    H
    I'm calm. Just happens to be the car on a rack that never gets a pic taken of. If you ck the supercar sec, there are pics of a few of my ferrari's and my ex-countach. I'll post 'em when avail...

5. driven

driven Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    NW PA
    Full Name:
    Jack Launtz
    #55 driven, Jun 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I won't get involved in a contest for the most flawless Goose, but I think mine might be a contender for the most original. I bought it new in 1969. Has about 6-7000 miles on it. Have only replaced the battery, wiper blades, one fan belt, and the coil (left the ignition switch on once). Even sits on its original German Dunlops.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    ummm i for one would love pics of the GT40!

i would love a quality replica GT40 later to go with my ( pending ) Pantera!

7. ferraripete

i am grinning from ear to ear!!! i love the goose and remember going to tyler imports in farmington, ct w/ my dad to buy his. silver w/ black...it was my first car love affair!!!!!!

i was 5 yrs old but remember it like yesterday.

thank you for the nostalgia picture.

8. ferraripete

"i would love a quality replica GT40"

me too my friend!!!

9. driven

driven Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    NW PA
    Full Name:
    Jack Launtz
    #59 driven, Jun 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

It's not a replica...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. ferraripete

oh yes...she is sweet! looks ready for hmsa or svra battle!!!!

11. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    standing ovation! i love it in blue!

by the way i am sorry, i did not mean to imply yours was a replica, just that a quality replica is as close as i am going to get to one!

thanks for posting the picture!

Michael

12. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Legendary time capsule. Thanks for sharing.

13. carsinxs

carsinxs Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2007
    On The Fence
    Full Name:
    H
    You'd get me on most original w/o a question. Very beatiful example. Glad to see it as well as the others have commented. I will try to have pics posted this week end of my car.

14. steveirl

steveirl Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    ireland
    Full Name:
    steve
    Have you guys noticed the European buyers seeking out Mangustas? Recently my good friend and DeTomaso expert Roger Brotton flew to LA with a client of his to view three Mangustas. His client bought a red concours goose from a wealthy LA collector by the name of Robert Ross. Roger also ended up buying one of the other two they looked at, chassis no. 8MA1098, also a red car in incredibly good condition. I think they are currently undervalued, and the weak dollar is helping the US Goose population to dwindle.
    Steve

15. steveirl

steveirl Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    ireland
    Full Name:
    steve
    Cheers Michael, the only clips I have of my car are on youtube, the links are below, first is my car in the garage, second is me and two friends leaving the recent Italian Auto Moto Festival in bristol UK, and third is my car featured on UK TV show 6 weeks ago they were looking for a good example of a late Pantera and asked to use my car as it was at Roger Brottons place for some service work which is only 40 miles from the ITV studios
    Steve
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCwBYGQ1Clo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yDWzW9uIy4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0WJFnKYtHs

16. Pantera GT5S

Pantera GT5S Rookie

Apr 3, 2007
    STUNNING!!

You just blew away every other car on this thread with your GT-40.

Cheers!!

17. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    :) thanks for the links, i hope this white one sounds half as good!

what sort of exhaust are you running Steve?

18. steveirl

steveirl Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    ireland
    Full Name:
    steve
    I have ceramic coated headers made by Pat Mical of Performance Automotive in Boston. They have a larger bore collector than any others at 3". I decided on these headers as I fitted a new factory 392 SVO stroker engine in 2003, which I had rebuilt and fully balanced last year due to vibration problem and peaky power delivery. The rebuild was done by Roger Brotton with parts and balancing done by Real Steel UK. The mufflers are custom stainless steel , made by the London Stainless Steel Co. made to look stock in appearance but again with 3" pipework thru for free flow. I am very happy with the system, it is a ver low loud sound and will not pass noise regulations for track days etc, but then again no Pantera will.
    Steve