THE 430 Scuderia | Page 9 | FerrariChat

THE 430 Scuderia

Discussion in '360/430' started by Senna1994, Jul 18, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blackenzo

blackenzo Formula Junior

Jul 15, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Peter C
    i actually like the new wheels. im glad they didnt use the CS wheels because its already an option on the f430 and 599. these wheels make it more exclusive for the scuderia. i would perfer the f430 challenge wheels over these wheels though

2. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    For all you guys that hate the wheels, don't worry. When you buy a 430S, I will be here to trade you straight across with a set of CS wheels ;)

G

3. 483hp

483hp Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    www.fca.alberta.com
    It looks like the black colored material on the bumper is wire mesh. Based on the rendering it it looks like the top corners of the new diffuser are mesh as well.

I'm not crazy about this car in red, but in black/black with the grey stripe and anthracite wheels, its going to be hot! Photoshop please!

4. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    If it were an option, I would select it, but it won't be available.

Gary

5. fuse

fuse Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    I know...but if we start asking now...

6. F430Rod

F430Rod Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2007
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Rod
    Love it. Looks great.

7. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    they can keep the stripe, but everything else is just spot on.

8. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    how is that a fact exactly?

9. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    This is well done. Sans the strips, but we know there will be many without. Nice.

Best
    Jon

10. VanCooper

VanCooper Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2002
    They really got it right again! Year after year, design after design, Ferrari always has a way of bringing out cars that are distinctive yet sublime.

This F430 Scuderia is yet again the proof that Ferrari is still, and will always be at the top of the group for engineering and styling packaged into a car that make even the true Ferrari aficionado's weak in the knees...

When I'm in a position to afford a Ferrari in the future, it's going to be either the 360CS or the F430 Scuderia. No doubt about it...

11. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway

Funny how these overshadow the stock 360 Modenas and F430 Coupés.

12. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

There are plenty who don't really like the rawness of these cars. These people just quietly fade away.

13. henrus

henrus Karting

Jul 18, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Henry
    love the new car. i have to say that it appears Ferrari is finally back designing beautiful cars. though i would have prefered the rear end to be just like the Challenge 430. not sure about that mesh look but we'll have to look at it more closely in person.

as a lamborghini owner, i should say that i very much like the new air scoops up front. they look quite Gallardo-esque if i may say... ;)

14. Houston348

Houston348 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2006
    +1 on the scoops in front!

15. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway

Yes, they are at the end of the day for a special group of enthusiasts. Someone who does not care about driving would hate it "the suspension is too hard" etc and someone who loves to drive would worship it. I would worship it and sleep in the garage with it :)

16. havoc

havoc Rookie

Apr 13, 2005
    Illinois
    Any idea what MSRP will be?

17. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Question for you Jim:

Are you alleging that Ferrari has stolen some proprietary design of yours or are you just posting another picture?

18. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    I find it so interesting how some people are frozen in time. Why would a 2007 car have the same stripe and wheels as a 2004 CS? How boring would that be? Thank goodness Ferrari are moving ahead. Rosso Scuderia is starting to look so 2004.

The 997 GT3RS is not even available in white with blue or red wheels - thank goodness.

As to the performance, I am sure that the CS has just become a classic car with agricultural shifting and host of other features that the Scuderia eclipses in every respect. Progress is fast and furious now. Look at how the 575HGTC became a classic car after the 599. We are all so lucky to be motoring enthusiasts now.

19. Kurt RSF

Kurt RSF Karting

Dec 27, 2003
    Rancho Santa Fe, CA
    I believe the CS was priced at about $40K over a 360 coupe. Don't know if that was $40K over an F1 coupe or a 6-speed coupe.

So I would guess the 430 Scuderia will be a similar deal. Anyone know what the base price is on a 430 coupe?

I'm guessing the car will be around $240-250K.

20. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    A lot + taxes !

21. forzadaytona

forzadaytona Karting

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Frank G.
    Masterful Photoshop work there Grant! The yellow and RC look very striking.

Agreed. A fantastic looking car. The reworked front fascia 'jives' so much better with that center air-intake. Before, the roundness of the 2 large intakes contrasted with the angular smaller one.
    FWIW, I like the new wheels. Very different.
    As for the stripe, the white on silverstone looks nice. I bet white on TDF will look great as well. The grey on red I could do without.
    Overall: Great job.
    F.

22. jra85

jra85 Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    I wouldn't necessarily call it "frozen in time". Many are still very much in love with the beautiful aesthetics of the Challenge Stradale, and there are a good number of those (including myself) who never really caught on to the styling of the 430. I wouldn't call those people's tastes "boring" just because they aren't keen on the latest and greatest. The demand for the CS is the exactly the reason why Ferrari decided to give the same race-inspired treatment to the 430.

As far as Rosso Scuderia goes, I think all the Rosso Corsa out there is a lot more "boring" than a color almost exclusively used for one year on the CS. :)

23. charliebronson

charliebronson Formula 3

Dec 5, 2004
    Full Name:
    Charliebronson
    The nose of the scuderia looks really good. The only thing on the f430 that is ugly is the front and the mirrors. It seems the mirrors serve a purpose so they should be left alone. I wonder however, how an f430 would do with the scuderia nose? I'm also wondering how the scuderia rear bumper compares to the f430 rear. It doesnt look lower to the ground than the f430 rear. The rockers look the same too?

-Peter

24. superyota

superyota Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Newport Beach
    Which seats will the US market get?