Get together at Rodney's place in Milwaukee - PICTURES | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Get together at Rodney's place in Milwaukee - PICTURES

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Mera, Feb 27, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    That's the part that always pisses me off!

We drive to an event, everyone parks their car's, we look at the cars, and then everyone drives off by themselves in the early afternoon.

That's why I started taking Jan & Inger, and anyone else that cared to join us, out to dinner after their parties. Anything else just becomes so anti-climactic.

I can assure you, when Billiam comes to an event, everybody doesn't just 'go home'!

How bout' we take Rodney out for a beer (though he is on a diet), or plan to meet up for dinner or a cocktail while we're heading south; just something different than 'okay, we sat around all day, now everyone go your own way'.!!!

I HAVE SPOKEN,

'The Emp'

P.S. I know 'The Empress Haley', would agree too. :)

2. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    Sounds good to me. I think we just need someone to ask, and they did. Any suggestions on where to make the stop?

3. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    See what I mean Johnny; no one other than you and I are showing any interest!

This is the way it's always been with the FCA, and now the FOC.

If Billiam comes to the event, at least we can expect 3 of us to do something afterwards! :)

But for Billiam, it's probably a 2 to 2/12 hour drive home from Rodney's; maybe 3 hours.

4. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    It would be good to do something on the way back.

5. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    I'll see that, and raise ya 5!

6. jeffwh

jeffwh Karting

Oct 6, 2006
    White
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Agreed - sound's like a good idea.

7. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    I'll look around on the Internet and see if there would be a place worthy of our visit. I am kind of partial to a microbrewery type place where we can experience some different brews and enjoy the atmosphere.

I think there are some around Kenosha.

Other ideas are welcome.

8. SpyderGirl

SpyderGirl Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    Neato, have a title now...wonder if I can get a free bowl of soup with it? :D

A beer or gimlet sounds goodly to me up by Mr. Rodney, or if you all like, I can see about finding a place over on the flatlander side to set aside parking spaces for us as a small group. Let me know if that is something folks might like.

9. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Well, I've been given clearance by the 'Grand Pooba' of FOC Midwest (Andreas), to pick up the tab for members of FOC Midwest, for 'The event after the event.'

If you're not already a member, I suggest you join soon.

I will be asking for proof of membership! :)

Empress, since you're the expert in organization, I would love it if you would handle the details!

10. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Since YOU're sitting on the treasure chest, I have little say in this anyhow. :)
    Just keep it non alcoholic please.

Da Grand Pooba

11. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    No after party partying for me. :) I am a morning person. After this I'll be ready for bed. :)

Should be a long day for me plus a few days before hand getting my place ready etc. Plus clean up after etc. Plus I have to work on Monday. :(

Thanks for the idea though.

See you all there!

Rodney Dickman

12. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    Probably the “after party” will be at a Starbucks that serves triple mocha hexa-strength coffee. We will be seeing a lot of windshield time that weekend! Traveling to and from Iowa on Saturday. Hopefully the weather will be good for Sunday after all I don't want to get water spots on the car before Watkins Glen.

13. jeffwh

jeffwh Karting

Oct 6, 2006
    White
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Any idea how many people are attending yet?

14. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    Hard to say how many will be attending. I have maybe 18-12 cars from FOA in Chicago. Maybe 5 Lambos from Chicago. Around 12 cars locally that I know of. There may be many more that have not replied with an email to let me know they are coming. I need a number for the caterer a week before the show. I'll try pushing for a number in a week or so. All depends on the weather also. At this point I am thinking of putting the number at around 60. Depends on how many bring a passenger also. Since you an not predict the weather more than a day out there may be many here or there may only be a few here. We'll see. If it rains or looks like it may rain I'll have a lot of food left over. :(

Rodney

15. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    #40 Dave Bendl, Aug 5, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Andreas stated in an earlier post the FOC will coordinate a drive to this event. The drive is open to all.

We will meet on N. Shore Drive in Lake Bluff, IL just before the entrance to LFSC (Lake Forest Sports Cars), on Sunday August 26th at 9:00 AM. See the 1st map below.
    We will then take Green Bay Rd. North to Wisconsin. Caledonia WI is just NW of Racine (see the 2nd map) so it should be nice driving once we hit the border.

See you there!
    Dave
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    If anyone is taking a count, I am in and will have my navigator with me.

17. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Dave, 9AM, ya gotta be kidding!

That's like an hour and a half after I go to bed! :eek:

18. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z

Well, not to promote lameness, but I've got little kids. Sometimes getting to the event is challenging enough, let alone finding a babysitter that can stay all day or night, and there is also the notion that my wife HATES, which is being over an hour away from home if something happens.
    I'd love to stay to the bitter end of every event, but my reality says it is not reality!

back to the regular programming.....

I'd love to hit this event, but we are closing on a new house 4 days before, and A LOT needs to be done, plus pack up the other house before Sept 1....
    Can I come up with any more excuses?!?!?
    Maybe I can swing it...

19. jeffwh

jeffwh Karting

Oct 6, 2006
    White
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    We will plan on being there at 9:00. Hopefully it won't take us long to get home from the Bears game the night before.

20. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    I am trying to take a count to determine how many to tell the caterer. If anyone has not done it yet email me at [email protected] and let me know if you are attending and if you are bringing a passenger. Some have emiled me but have not told me if they are planing on bringing a passenger. If that is the case please email me again and let me know.

Thanks
    Rodney

21. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Well, for now put me down for two.

22. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    So the date is getting closer now. I'm concerned about the weather as we have had some rain lately. Who knows what the weather will be like on the 26th. I have lived here 4 years and all the previous summers have been terribly dry. Figures that this year when I want to have this get together rain may be a concern. I have had a hard time trying to determine an attendance count. I have been telling the caterer 60. That may be too many or that may not be enough. Who knows? If more attend there will just not be as much to eat. All depends on the weather. If it looks like rain the day before I'll ask those who do not want to drive or get caught in the rain to maybe bring a daily driver. If the weather looks good I am asking for all those attending to bring their exotic car. My original intent was that this was for exotic cars only.

I'll be picking up water and soft drinks. If any one has a preference for a certain type of soft drink let me know and I'll try to have it on hand.

Rodney Dickman
    Praying for good weather the 26th!!!!!!!

23. jeffwh

jeffwh Karting

Oct 6, 2006
    White
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Rodney,

The weather will be great, don't worry about it.

24. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Rodney, don't fret!

As you know, I'll need diet pop; preferably a clear cola.

The hardest part is going to be getting up early enough to caravan with the crew.

Who said 9:00am..........SHEESH!

P.S. A little history: Years ago, when I got my 1st computer, it was Rodney that suggested I use the tag on my Roller as my email address and user name, on different sites. Thus, DA ROLLS.

At the time, I didn't even know how to turn a computer on, much less know what I was going to do with it! :D

25. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    And not much has changed since...
    :)