New Entry Level Ferrari | FerrariChat

New Entry Level Ferrari

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Snowman, Oct 5, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Snowman

Snowman Rookie

Aug 29, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike Goral
  2. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    I think that picture is staged BS.
    First why would Maranello test their cars in Stuttgart Germany and not around their factory in Maranello like their do with all of their other cars??? They are not hiding a Dino in a 599 package despite some vinyl patches applied to the car and a wannabe Antenna etc.
    That looks like a 599 delivery from a dealer (dealer plate) and nothing more. Maybe staged for that website to generate publicity.

For early testing they use an old chassis like a 360 or a 355 or even an old 550 chassis and modify it and test on that, then slowly come to the new design but sticker all over it not just some little patches where the car can get scratched.

I call BS!

3. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Ferrari IS going to build a front engined car on the discontinued Maserati Coupe chassis, to sell in 2008-2009 for $175,000. It will not necessarily be called a Dino. The car in the photo is not it, it is BS.

4. sailquik

sailquik Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    In a temperate zone
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    Hey Martin, I used to think the same until I saw these pictures:

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/08/15/spy-shots-ferrari-dino-caught/

If you look at the picture taken from the rear facing forward, the wheels sit way inside the wheelwells, especially the front. This implies a much narrower track than a 599 and hints at a different chassis underneath that 599 body. Either that or some good photoshopping skills. Or really narow tires. Or they're just trying to confuse us all.

Since the new car is supposed to be front engined, they really can't cover the test mule with a 430 or 360 body (air vents in the wrong places, different hoodlines, etc), so I think it isn't unreasonable to assume that they'd plop a modified 599 body on top of the new chassis even if the finished product will look completely different.

5. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    From what I understand, Ferrari is planning to have an 'entry level' car that will replace the F430 slot, and the F430 replacement will move up the ladder to become more expensive.

6. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    What you are saying makes sense BUT...

that does not change why they would go out and test the mule in Germany of all places. This early in their development they would test in Maranello, probably more likely at their test track. Heck they can use a Pinto body for all we care.
    Body does not matter much. There is enough room in a 360 trunk to fit a small engine in there. Some of their mules are transverse.

7. mpatrizio

mpatrizio Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2004
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Mike P.
    Yep. With 430s trading at $100k over invoice and Ferrari dealers required to sell at invoice, they're leaving money on the table. Seems obvious to me.

8. elpadrino

elpadrino Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2005
    Bogota NJ
    Full Name:
    Gabriel
    I just read someplace where both of the top Ferrari guys have said " NO ENTRY level ! " ...hmmm curious to see what happens, ill have to get the article and post it here later

9. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    There are no "entry level" Ferrari.

There was the "entry level" Maserati
    and there will be the "entry level" Dino.

One can only hope there will never be an "entry level" Ferrari like the entry level Porsche Boxter and entry level 914VW Porsche, cars that delute the value of the name Porsche as a true race car company. Now they even prostituted themselves and are building housewife SUVs. The once mighty name Porsche now simply a car company.
    There should NEVER be an entry level Ferrari!

10. duskybird

duskybird F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    29 Electoral Votes
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
    I can't understand why when it worked so well for mercedes! :D

11. NVPhotoman007

NVPhotoman007 Formula 3

Aug 9, 2004
    ASU_Acob Notar Lf.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    i hope they keep them $150k+

as much as I would love to buy a $75K fcar......you know alot of kids would be asking the Daddy to buy it for them....

and we dont need that...

12. elpadrino

elpadrino Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2005
    Bogota NJ
    Full Name:
    Gabriel
    There should never be an entry level "exotic" i dont know but i dont believe in it.

I may never own one, and thats ok- that means i didn't work hard enough and didn't strive for a high level of life than i could achieve. but for those that do or for those that have "made it" I feel like owning an exotic at that point is almost a right of passage, a privilege. And to have an "entry level" exotic is like a slap in the face as if saying we set the mark too high so we'll bring it down so others dont feel so bad about not achieving.

Hence the Gallardo has watered down the Lamborghini brand so much that no matter what they do at this point i could never consider a moder Lambo as an exotic anymore....Diablo 6.0 is where it ended for me.

(and i look forward to the day i can lay my claim to an exotic, but id rather not buy a "camry" for the rich that everyone is capable of buying through creative means- In the meantime Everyone with one...Enjoy it in good health).