Alonshole just can't shut his mouth | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Alonshole just can't shut his mouth

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Agent Smith, Oct 6, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyc

tonyc Formula 3

Oct 19, 2003
    Monterey, CA
    Full Name:
    Tony C
    I am with you on that one! Ferrari has enough problems.... Alonso should look on the bright side, maybe he has 6 laps more fuel than Lewis.

2. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

This is exactly right. I remember thinking . . . if you are so damn good, the make the pass. I think FA is a ballerina, and a diva--girl that he is. But I do think that Rubber Dick Ron Dennis has the capacity to overfill his tanks, or give LH an extra set of wet tires, or something. And, as much as FA has been running his mouth, it would be like ole Rubber Dick to pull a fast one on him.

Alonzo may be a jerk, but he just might have a point. What was it that Steve Martin used to say, "Just because you are paraniod doesn't mean that they aren't out to get you."

3. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    +1

This "side" of FA that some are now saying they see, IMO has always been there. I began noticing this behavior in 05 but he really began letting it slip out a lot more in 06. Now, IMO, FA's real character is showing in full force and it is just continuing to grow. It's too bad because he is a good driver. However, I think it's beginning to show that he's not as good as he thinks he is and definately not as good as he has been trying to demand.

4. Artvonne

Artvonne F1 Veteran

Oct 29, 2004
    NWA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Your saying he's schizophrenic?

5. Artvonne

Artvonne F1 Veteran

Oct 29, 2004
    NWA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    That could be a deadly combination with an F1 car.

6. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    LOL, you crack me up every time man.

7. Artvonne

Artvonne F1 Veteran

Oct 29, 2004
    NWA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I truly wasnt trying to be funny, I was dead serious. If you were to take SRT Mikes analysis of Alonso's behavior as evidence of schizophenia, and its pretty honest evidence as Alonso has acted in this way all along, one could easily conclude he may be schizo. People like that can become incredibly dangerous and uncontrolable if thier fantasy world starts to not conform to reality. People like that do not act rationally, so dont expect it. If he keeps losing and misses the championship, and runs out of people to blame, if people start to look at him, he could become increasingly hostile. He could become a loose cannon. A race track with cars like these is no place for a madman who could flip out.

8. phylotic

phylotic Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 20, 2007
    US/EU
    Full Name:
    Gheorghe
    I think you're judging someone outside your culture based on the predilections of that very rigid culture.
    Fortunately the world is much larger than that.

9. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    No, I just think he has a few character flaws:

1) A huge ego, to where he thinks he is the best and nobody can come close

2) An absolute stubborn-ness and he cannot believe he could ever be wrong about anything.

3) Victim-mentality where he blames any bad that befalls him upon others.

He was whining the other day about a big conspiracy against him. I wonder if he feels the same now that he's within 3 points of winning the title?

He doesn't even realize he was whining and being a real jerk. How can someone want to have a colleague like that? I don't doubt that the team really dislikes him.

10. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Kinda sounds like a bit of the Nigel Mansell syndrome to me.

11. Kami

Kami Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2006
    St. Louis
    I'm curious to hear what all of the Alonso supporters have to say about this latest tantrum? Still think he's good for the Scuderia guys?

12. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    He did the same thing last year when he was with Renault, at just about the same point in the season when Michael was ahead on points. He is a little cry baby. Too bad Lewis was STUPID and did not pit three laps sooner. That way Lewis could have wrapped up his championship and REALLY pissed of whiney baby Fernando. Fernando is sounding more and more like Juan Pablo. Blaming everyone but himself.

13. Kami

Kami Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2006
    St. Louis
    Even JPM wasn't this bad.

14. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    IMO all F1 drivers have their massive ego and drive.
    Alonshole crossed the line when he sold his team down the river to further his own selfish career.
    Even his pit blocking maneuver had some justification.
    Betrayal has none.

15. cantsleepnk

cantsleepnk Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Nick
    This guy is still whining even after the race.

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/071007183326.shtml

Fernando Alonso said on Sunday that he feels the world championship is going to be 'impossible' for him to win without another miracle in Brazil.

Alonso's second place in Shanghai means that the drivers' title will now be decided in two weeks time in Brazil; but only because his McLaren team-mate Lewis Hamilton accidentally beached his car in the gravel.

The Spaniard has been hinting all weekend that - despite his bosses' constant avowals of equality - he is facing a tough time in terms of enjoying the right kind of support to lift a third consecutive crown.

"I still need something really dramatic if I want to win. With a normal race, it will be impossible," he told international reporters immediately after the race when asked about the upcoming season finale.

Back in the paddock, he suggested even more obviously that he has lost the support of the team, who now only want Hamilton to win.

Asked about negative comments he made about Ron Dennis on Saturday afternoon, Alonso said: "He was the first one to say that he was not speaking with me and things like that. From that point, I understood that the championship was not going to be easy for me.
    "

Obviously some in the Chinese crowd were unimpressed with Alonso's overnight outbursts, as they displayed signs in the grandstands including one that read: 'Hamilton - English. McLaren - English. Alonso - childish'.

But even Dennis, barely mentioning Alonso's drive to second place, seemed not to hide whose side he was on in China, where scoring two more points than Alonso would have secured the championship for Hamilton.

"We weren't at all fazed about Kimi; we didn't care about Kimi; we weren't racing Kimi; he (Lewis) was racing Fernando," the team boss said.

"Kimi winning and Lewis coming second was adequate - but it just didn't work out that way."

16. phylotic

phylotic Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 20, 2007
    US/EU
    Full Name:
    Gheorghe
    Judging modern biz through the idealistic lens is a recipe for disaster.

These guys are more like selfish mercenaries than fanatic suicide bombers.
    No amount of money can purchase loyalty. That must be earned.
    Obviously RD hasn't done that - quite the contrary.

17. Kami

Kami Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2006
    St. Louis
    Still no Alonso supporters here? MWAHAHAHA.

18. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    There was an article in Autosport discussing this very topic about 3 weeks ago. These characteristics are, according to the article, surprisingly common among F1 drivers, particularly the top drivers. The article discusses both Senna and Schumacher as being very insecure and that both of them refused to believe that another driver could be faster than them in the same car and when it happened, they would look for excuses why.

I will leave aside the obvious point that while Schumacher and Senna were both insecure about other drivers in the same car, at least Senna welcomed the challenge...

19. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC

So long as he is winning races and titles, why would I care?

I think a surprising number of you would "suddenly" become Alonso fans if he brought wins and championships to the team. Ferrari has a long history of employing drivers with less than perfect personalities. The last time I checked, this was a sport where the objective is to win, not be the nicest guy or have the winningest smile or win the Mr. Personality award. This is motor racing, gentlemen, not tiddly winks.

20. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Oneday some of us will mature and stop believing british LH-bias media, or any media for that matter.

We have no idea what is really going on, AND more importantly 90% of us would react just the same way "as has been reported" if we were in Alonso's shoes, but ofcourse we like to believe we are perfect, etc.

If you have never, ever said or done something that you have regretted later ... then carry on discussing this thread, otherwise please shut-up!@! :D
    Pete

21. Strasse

Strasse Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    Phil
    +1 here

My loathing for RD made me think twice about who the real bad guy might be in this whole disaster of a season. Alonso certainly isn't perfect, but I think he's become the F1 whipping boy for the anglo saxon sports media. His situation at McLaren reeks of him being slowly ostracized and alienated from the team in favor of the teacher's pet rookie. I think in his shoes some of his frustration and paranoia is understandable. It doesn't excuse his arrogance, idiocy and hypocrisy, but better the devil you know (or at least the one who is up front about it), I think, than all the scheming BS that's going on behind the scenes at McLaren.

22. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    It humors me that you hate Alonso so much. You think it's unlikely that Alonso will win another WDC. Not even counting this year (I give him a 20% chance to win the WDC on the final race), he will likely win another WDC.

I think you underestimate the thirst for talent in F1. Honda, Toyota, Red Bull, BMW, Renault, Williams are all teams that could win a WDC in the next 6-7 years. Alonso would be an upgrade for any of those teams. Like it or not, Alonso seems to add significant pace to the teams.

23. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    Right here.

+1 I don't believe any of the crap that they are writing because, and I speak from personal experience with the media, relevant information is usually left out or presented out of context for the purpose of making a big story out of something less. And I frequently say things to people that perhaps I shouldn't, because for me, I feel that if I can say something that is emotional and blunt, then they know that I'm not going to sugarcoat things or bull$hit them. I'd rather they know that I'm honest and a pistol than a liar.

As a big fan of Fernando, I don't deny that he has made some bad decisions in how he has handled things within the team, and as much as I used to think that RD was a jerk but an honest jerk at that, I think RD is primarily to blame for all the personality conflicts going on right now. Up until Hungary, Fernando was very much the consumate teammate, but when he was repaid for that by Hamilton's backstabbing refusal to follow team orders, and the resulting unwillingness of RD to punish Hamilton for that, then, for Fernando, all true semblance of equality and fair play within the team disappeared and he decided that the only one in the team that would put him first was Fernando himself. With all the comments made by RD, Lewis, and even Bernie to the extent that Lewis is the greatest thing since sliced bread is disrespectful in that they have all failed to acknowledge that Fernando is the best driver out there and has beaten the best. Bernies BS comments about F1 losing its hero Schumacher and finding a replacement in Lewis is sickening. Fernando and to a certain extent Kimi did become heroes to many people long before MS ever decided to retire and to consider them as something less is an insult to us all. Whether people agree or not, the whole thing with the tuned mass dampers and the blocking penalty last year really did reek of favourtism of MS by Bernie and Max, and despite the fact that so many people here thought it was ludicrous to say it, Bernie's comments this past weekend confirm the hard-on that he had for MS and was willing to influence certain aspects of F1 that would have given MS enough breaks to win another WDC. I see it the same as Fernando did and I think he is right to question whether F1 is a sport. Even if he doesn't win the WDC this year I'll still think he's the best.

24. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Exactly, +1.

Pete

25. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Still not a fan of Fernando, but I still believe he and Kimi are the best out there. Both of them at Ferrari would be ´good news´ in my book.