430 factory suspension height | FerrariChat

430 factory suspension height

Discussion in '360/430' started by chocodip, Oct 28, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chocodip

chocodip Karting

Nov 15, 2004
    Anyone found the different after lowering your 430? As i wanna adjust it slgihtly lower but the F service center told me it's better handling performance as the factory height setting. Please kindly comment about this issue.

2. Pransingh Horse

Pransingh Horse Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2006
    Vancouver, Canada
    Well, I guess that depends on where you are located..If you drive a North American spec Ferrari (Canadin or US version), then the height will be higher then a Euro / rest of the world version...I would probably think that the Euro version ride height was what it was originally designed at , so it would probably handle better at hat height...BUT they have probably "raised' the North American versions to pacify the authorities in these respective countries.

The other issue you have to deal with is "potentially" a warranty problem that some have spoken of on here, for lowering your car--I'm not sure how much of a consideration it really is, but?

But from a practical point of view, the lowered height makes it a bit tougher getting in and out of certain driveways without scaraping the front bumper. I would try it at the stock height first for a while, and then consider something different down the road.

3. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    #3 Tipo815, Oct 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    All Ferraris are tested and tuned at European ride heights. They are then raised to satisfy our bumper height regulations. Ideally the car should be set back at Euro ride heights for optimum performance. My dealer had no problem lowering my car. In my opinion the handling did not suffer one bit. In the event you like the way my car looks - tell your dealer (or independant shop) that you want your car lowered 13 turns all the way around.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    #4 StoryBook, Oct 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Had both 430s lowered approximately 19mm. Didn't notice a difference in handling. In fact it felt more "planted" to me in the twisties.

6. coupe1

coupe1 Formula 3

Jan 15, 2007
    Singapore
    I had initially thought of lowering my 430 for a better looking stance. After 4 mths of using the car, I have
    decided to keep the original settings. Even with smooth roads and minimal pot holes here in Singapore, I
    have scrapped the front lower bumper 3 times...3 heart wrenching times. All these scrapes were on road
    depressions and not even potholes.

7. X2BOARD

X2BOARD Karting

Apr 29, 2007
    Trinidad
    Full Name:
    AG
    Did you guys adjust the alignment of the car (camber etc ?)

We are actually looking at raising the Euro spec one about 20-25mm if possible... but plan to redo the alignment.

8. AndrewCrane

AndrewCrane Karting

Sep 25, 2007
    Chobham, Surrey, UK
    Full Name:
    Andrew Crane
    Agreed. Unequal length double wishbones, so the camber will change if you lower it. I learned this the hard way lowering my Bentley GT. Lowering was a simple re-program, but after 5K miles I had worn out the inner edge of my rear tyres.

Regards
    Andrew

9. SSR

SSR Formula 3

Jun 14, 2007
    subscribed

10. SSR

SSR Formula 3

Jun 14, 2007
    So we can say that 13 T front and rear = Euro spec ?