Auto Shifter Indicator | FerrariChat

Auto Shifter Indicator

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by SouthJersey400i, Nov 10, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    While working on my A/C controls I managed to break the mounting tab off the bezel / indicator around the shift lever. Although some JB Weld might effect a repair, I would still be interested in finding the original source of this piece. It is likely a mid-70's GM car, probably one with the Turbo 400 tranny, I am hoping someone can give an exact year and model. Mine has aged and a nice new replacement would be nice. If GM does not carry it there are lots of "resto" dealers that are likely to carry it.
    Ken

2. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    Mine is looking its age, too. I would be very interested in a source for a replacement. I looked a while back, but didn't find anything.

Aidan

3. billg

billg Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2006
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bill Grady
    I broke mine about 6 months ago. If we can find two more people with broken bezels, for a total of 5, we can start a new industry in China.

4. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    How about here Ken?

http://eurospares.co.uk/partTable.asp?M=1&Mo=491&A=2&B=27866&S=

5. SouthJersey400i

Mar 14, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    It is interesting that on the Eurospares exploded view every part on the page has an item number except the shifter bezel.

My tactic will be to visit my local Chevy dealer. This part looks so GM-like with it brush bristles. My local NAPA guy said it looks like a Camaro part, but I did not find it on a couple of aftermarket dealers sites.

Last night's curing of JB Weld has me back in business as a temporary fix but I will keep looking and let the board know what I find.
    Ken

6. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    we all need new plates! i have not found gm product. next stop is to make new. i will be down for two months starting dec3 for my second new hip replacement. after that my project will be a new plate. photo etched? with lights, why not.

7. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    The first time I saw a 400i I would have sworn the shifter to have been from Chrysler's bins. Likely not but it's definately not GM.

8. 400iGuy

400iGuy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Al
    Add me to the list of guys that wants a replacement!

Al

9. SouthJersey400i

Mar 14, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    Mitchel
    Maybe your surgeon can make one out of titanium out of the excess he has left after your operation. (sic) Good luck with the hip. I have one new one and the second will be along soon.
    Ken

10. infuriarsi

infuriarsi Rookie

Oct 9, 2007
    Eugene, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Joseph Potter
    Its always an option to draw it in 3D and have a batch made by rapid prototype. Typically expensive, but

joe

11. SouthJersey400i

Mar 14, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    While browsing on ebay I saw a Jag (XJS or XJ6) with a very similar shift bezel. It had the brushes on the sides and similar outline. I think it was a newer car with 1-2-3-D for a 4-speed. So for those looking for a new bezel, check out some mid-70's Jags and see what they have.

I repaired and installed mine but would still buy a new one if available.
    Ken