2008 MONZA GRAND PRIX | FerrariChat

2008 MONZA GRAND PRIX

Discussion in 'F1' started by tquigg, Nov 21, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tquigg

tquigg Rookie

Feb 9, 2006
    Sausalito, Cal.
    Full Name:
    T.M.Q.
    I am planning on going to Monza GP in 08 and need advice. What is the best location for viewing and what is the " official" source on tickets( not interest in tour companies or resellers if i can avoid them).
    Thanks

2. tessmania

tessmania Karting

Oct 20, 2006
    Ireland
    I have went this year and in 2005 and bought my tickets at www.easygptickets.co.uk. They are very good to deal with and the prices and information on the site is very good. They have an international site also if you do a search. I think they are based in Holland. As for viewing, in 05 we were in 24 Tribuna i think it's called. It's the stand on the start finish straight just out of the parabolica and was very good. This year we went general admission and i would honestly have no probs going this way again as it was no problem. I would probably go to the stand at the bottom of the start finish straight were the chicane is as i watched practice there and it was amazed at the speed they arrived down in there and get slowed down. Monza is absolutely fantastic and i hope to go many times, it's just a pity i haven't yet witnessed a ferrari win. If you think i can be of any help or can give you any tips don't hesitate to give me a pm.

3. alberto

alberto Formula 3

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Don't screw around with brokers. Deal directly with Monza: www.italiangp.it. We had tickets on section 8 Prima Variante [I can't remember if a or b] (see map) which was a very good place to watch, as the cars come from the straight and brake hard for the right hander (turn 1). I ordered the tickets on my credit card and picked them up at the track (will call), but they will mail them to you if you wish (one less thing to get lost if you pick them up there). That's one big track, be prepared to walk, and walk and walk. Here's a tip: cabs can roam the interior of the walled area, so to go to will call take a cab, unless you REALLY like to walk.

You MUST see the old banked section (not is use), very cool. Sections 12 and 13 seemed pretty good based on our walk around the track. If you want to be in front of the pits for race day (not my favorite for race day, but great for Friday and Saturday watching; you can go to ANY section on Friday and Saturday), then 4, 1, 26 are good (best location depends on which team you want to be in front of; since Ferrari are world champions they will have first dibs on pit selection which if I remember the Monza pits correctly, they will pick the first stall, so I'd go for 1 or 26).

Now's a great time to buy the tickets if you KNOW you are going since they all seem to be available at the moment. Good luck. You will love Monza.

Alberto

4. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Go directly to the circuit whereby they are available. You can also click on the various locations on the track map for photos of the view from same. We were at Monza in April for the Lemans-Series race and of course with that race you can go anuwhere and sit anywhere you want with your tickets. Ascari was a great place to view as was pit out. A suggestion for a place to stay where we've stayed several times is only a short drive (right turn out of hotel and you're in Monza) - www.bookings.com then Italy, then Cinisello Balsamo - Soglia Hotel Milano, Viale Brianza 50, Cinisello Balsamo - phone is +390266047955. Fantastic Italian restaurant at the corner by the hotel. Here the link to the circuit for track info and ticket purchase: http://www.monzanet.it/eng/eshop_tickets2.aspx?IdManifestazione=650

Enjoy.

Carol

5. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Whatever you do, wherever you sit. Just go.

And then walk under the old banking. If that doesn't give you chills, check your pulse.

6. alberto

alberto Formula 3

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Carol's post has the correct link. The one I provided was the wrong one. Use www.monzanet.it. My apologies for the error, I picked up the wrong one on my post.

Alberto