QV GTBs | FerrariChat

QV GTBs

Discussion in '308/328' started by Lew L, Nov 27, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lew L

Lew L Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2006
    Were there many '84-85 QV GTBs brought into the US? Does anyone have any pix of a Euro QV GTB? I would like to buy an '85 GTB Euro version in excellent condition in black, blue, grey or silver, but I am not sure that such a car exists in the US.

2. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    define excellent condition please ? Criteria ?

3. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    they do exist,just not that many good luck on the hunt

4. Rock

Rock Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    If I were you, I would look for a euro carb gtb in steel ( glass is near impossible to find ) with the dry sump. But the big but is finding a drivable car with service history form a reputable service faucility. Euro qv gtb's ( are also excellent cars ) are in north america, but watch out for poor epa and dot conversions.

5. Lew L

Lew L Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2006
    Well maintained, documented, recent major (maintenance performed by a reputable shop), interior that is not faded or cracked, excellent paint (does not need to be original paint, but if it is repainted it must be original color and original or better quality), needs nothing, original 16" wheels. Quality performance parts upgrades ok. i.e. not your typical 23 year old car.

6. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    I know a 77 gtb euro blk/blk a total restor is all papers and I wanted it but they wanted 55k if you are interested let me know I'm in calif. everything that can be replaced was on this car its almost a show car now

7. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    becareful when you say total restore, cause just paint and interior on this cars plus the purchase of the car (even in bolts) would exceed 55K. You could not redo the mechanics on a 308 to a full restore for 55K, let alone paint and interior.

Ok, i think its do able, just becareful of other issues like conversions if you go Euro. Also, you get what you pay for, if it comes with the original books, with warrenty card, tool kit, and all the fixings you may have to pay up....What you described should be around. The problem becomes at what price will someone be willing to let it go ? Thats the $64,000 question. be prepared to search for awhile until you find one....have you checked ferrariads and the likes ?

8. MREUS

MREUS Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 24, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    #8 MREUS, Nov 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Euro QV GTB...not in the US though.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Lew L

Lew L Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2006
    Mike:

That is a little high, but you never know when the right car at the right time might inspire a momentary lapse of reason.

I would like to know more. A PM or a post here would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Lew

10. Lew L

Lew L Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2006
    Yes, I have been looking and I am in no rush.

11. spang308

spang308 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2004
    York, PA
    #11 spang308, Nov 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Not a Euro, but is a black (Nero Metallic) GTB QV. Resides in my garage and is driven regularly, sometimes daily in the right weather.

Spang
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Sadly, everyone was into magnum PI in the 80's and very few QV GTB's made it here. A significant percentage are Euros however. Complicating matters is that a number of them were bastardized to look like 288's. Also, a number were tracked and still more were used as daily drivers (more so than GTS's for some reason. There are at least a couple wioth 100K+ on them. Of course, most are red, so your quest may be long. I had an 85 some years ago (red) and it was a really nice driving car. When I put it up for sale, it sold very quickly. I think there are more would be GTB buyers now than in 1985.

Good luck,
    Dave

13. Brunello

Brunello Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2005
    Vancouver, British C
    Full Name:
    Al
  14. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    thats looks nice,well taken care of,with my money in the stock market I should've bought more ferrari's with it,their going up in value

15. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    After the 1978 introductionof the GTS, GTB production fell off.

I'd put the word out you are looking and see what happens.

The GTB has better styling profile than the GTS and the full body makes them better for Track use as well, so you'll find them in the hands of savvy owners that usually are long term situations.

But they are out there!

I'd join FCA and monitor the Classifieds there, that's where they'll show up and they will be well maintianed cars, IMO..

16. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

hi lew,

not for sale but i have had my 83 gtb qv w/ 10k miles and euro front spoiler for close to ten yrs. i bought the car from eddie karam w/ only 4k miles. it is rosso metalica w/ black.

they are lovely cars to look at and real fun to drive! good luck in your search and consider calling eddie...feel free to mention my car as an example of the quality you are looking for.

best,

pcb

17. Lew L

Lew L Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2006
    Pete:

Just got off the phone with him. He has a very nice inventory now.

Lew

18. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    If the 328 is a guide, I believe the vast majority most of the GTBs were sold in Europe (crappy weather) and the GTS was the favorite in the States (California and Sun Belt states seem to have bought a lot). Depending on your state's emissions laws, you might be able to bring one over and have a wider selection.

The Euro bumpers really make the 308, and I agree with your color preferences. I have the top off mine frequently, so a GTB would feel kind of claustrophobic to me, but they are scarcer.

19. spang308

spang308 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2004
    York, PA
    My car came from Eddie 10 years ago as well. The dudes a player!! HA HA

Spang

20. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    It's good to see you posting more! :)

21. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    I love 308 QV GTBs. I thought I was a die hard fan of the targas until I got a GTB. I have owned 4 targas. I then found a beautiful 85 GTB that I couldn't pass up. (85 is my favorite year for 308s) Once I started driving I couldn't believe the difference. I then sold my GTS because I enjoyed the GTB that much more. Personally, I can feel a big difference when driving a GTS vs a GTB on standard roads. It isn't just a track thing IMHO. IHMO the difference is very noticeable and I love my GTB.

22. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I've been trying to tell people this for years. The difference is very, very obvious in the first 50 feet, let alone track driving. Unfortunately, very few people have first hand driving experience with the B's, so don't know any better. Like you, I had 2 targas before stumbling onto a 77 GTB cheap, so I bought it. The next 5 Ferraris have all been closed cars. There's a message there somewhere.

Dave

23. spang308

spang308 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2004
    York, PA
    Thanks teach! We need to have some brews over the holidays.

See you soon,

Spang

24. spang308

spang308 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2004
    York, PA
    What he said^^. Never owned a GTS, but have driven many. The GTB trumps them in all categories except boulevard cruising and I'm willing to let that to the Escalades with dubs!

Spang

25. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    spang ur black 308 awesome........... drivers she cute too!!!! GTB... rock