308QV in Reno back on front burner... | FerrariChat

308QV in Reno back on front burner...

Discussion in '308/328' started by desire308, Dec 1, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. desire308

desire308 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2007
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Peter W
    Got a call today on the QV. Said go ahead and do a PPI, no problem. So I am looking at this one again. Question is [and lets not get into the 2V argument again]. If one of you were looking to put money into a 308 and both were about the same relative cost would you favor the QV based on how the "market" sees it?

2. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    well I see your on again with this one,I left you a answer on the other thread,from my own exprience owning a qv and being it the last year I believe my money is better there,also If your doing a ppi and if you can come out to see the car which I think you should if I'm not working that day I could pick you up in sacramento in the ferrari we drive to reno,you could drive some so when you get there you have something to compare the two,or what it should feel like when you drive the other,are you still going to look at the other in ga?

3. desire308

desire308 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2007
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Peter W
    Again, I appreciate the offer but time won't allow it. I am planning an 800+ round trip Weds to look at a 2Vi. It is more manageable if the car checks out. The QV keeps bugging me from a condition standpoint. Now he's telling me it is pulling way too much fuel causing the smoke and other things were mentioned including "a PPI will tell us both where the car stands". So now I am paying to give him more info on the cars condition. That's honest but why should I pay?

4. D.Mauro

D.Mauro Formula 3

Jun 18, 2006
    Cumming/ Hlwd Fl
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I have own quite a few of each model, the most important thing I look at is the best mechanical shape 1st, body condition 2nd, and interior 3rd. You can compare each model all day long and come up with different answers. If the 2v is in better mechanical shape than the qv go with the 2v. If it looks great and runs terrible
    it will cost a great deal of money to get the mechanical up to standard. What would you rather have a car running good or a car SITTING in your garage looking great, but does not run good.That is the question you need to ask yourself.IMO

5. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    so your paying for a ppi for the one in reno? and maybe a ppi on the one in ga? from what you been telling me about the one in reno,it has issues!things maybe you do not need to hassle with,I like to hear more about the one in ga,maybe you should pass on the one in reno