Today Dec 2. 2007, 104 More Days Until Australia | FerrariChat

Today Dec 2. 2007, 104 More Days Until Australia

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by RP, Dec 2, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    That feels like an eternity. 2008 has the makings of the best F1 season in many many years. I do not have enough pain pills or valium to last that long. I may not make it. Help!

2. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Take it easy. It's going to be a busy winter with the return of MS, Alonso to Super Aguri, the ouster of Todt to end the nepotism at Ferrari and the scheduling of Indy F1. A lot of things to do in 90 days.

3. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hang on in there you gotta see Hammy hamster win a WDC :)

4. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    so it's 103 days left here. bloody hell. i'm sure even the Kimster's bored like hell. heard he was riding horses with his wifey :D

5. f1 fanatic

f1 fanatic Rookie

Nov 15, 2005
    Rancho Santa Margarita , CA
    Full Name:
    martin
    watch A1 - its better than nothing a all.

6. tonyc

tonyc Formula 3

Oct 19, 2003
    Monterey, CA
    Full Name:
    Tony C
    Maybe you can try every beer in the race day beer thread and watch all the F1 segments available on youtube :D

7. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Nice new avatar

8. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    hahahah poor Ron will be dead before that happens

9. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well that maybe the case with Mr Webber .....Top gear lap times :rolleyes: I think it was Mark that put some oil on the track ,well it was a car made in Aus that let go on the track...:D

10. jonnypops

jonnypops Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Jonny
    do realise mark set his laptime on a wet track :p

11. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    YEP!! I suppose your gonna say it was wetter :p

12. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    i rather watch kart races. A1 offers nothing but a bunch of youngsters crashing into each other.

13. Ambassiatore

Ambassiatore Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2007
    Full Name:
    David Figueredo T.
    ...damn is going to be a very long wait...not even knowing what happens with Alonso is worst.

14. tonyc

tonyc Formula 3

Oct 19, 2003
    Monterey, CA
    Full Name:
    Tony C
    Thanks! My tribute to them :)

I have never really watched karting races, but I did spend the 20 minutes watching the kart race in Brazil with MS running away. I thought
    wow this is just like F1, everyone doing the follow the leader thing. I realize that all the karts were setup the same, but if it wasn't for
    Massa trying some kamikaze moves, it was not too exciting.

15. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Right now I don't have withdrawal symptoms yet, I'm still enjoying the amazing finale.

The thing that always gets me is once the first race is over, I want to see whether that was a fluke (regardless who won it) or whether we already see a pattern of the team and driver strengths or not. Often it takes until May until you really see what's going on.

Right now Alonso's ride for 08 to me is the big question mark. Long before we can even think about winter testing.

16. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Andreas, I still think its Renault for Fred, but then as Coultard stated, he may take a year sabatical.

17. Ambassiatore

Jan 30, 2007
    Full Name:
    David Figueredo T.
    ...to this point it really looks he´ll take a sabatical...he should be over at a damn track getting used to the new team, policies, politics, hardware,software, hell even electronics wont be the same...

...I do think he belongs with Renault where he shouldnt have left in the first place...but I can see this guy is doing pretty weird moves...and if he´s really taking a sabatical, what point does it make to keep it until after the Renault spy hearings?

18. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I don't think he does any really weird moves:

- Started at Minardi, drove fantastic and was picked up by Renault after one year
    - Left Renault after two titles and when it was unclear whether they would continue in F1 or not
    - Would have won the title with McLaren if Ron had used team orders
    - Decided to leave McLaren as he doesn't get #1 status

None of his moves so far were really weird IMHO. Weird is the "career path" of Jenson Button. Alonso's moves are very calculated, which is probably why he takes his sweet time now to sign with somebody.

19. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes I agree not weird.. IMO he has made all the right moves just didnt take into account no team #1 orders or maybe he did, but was of the frame of mind he would have a rookie for breakfast...which as we know didnt happen..

I dont want him sitting out a year though wasted talent..It maybe in his Mc contract some clauses we dont know about or the Renault data issue. :confused:

20. Ambassiatore

Jan 30, 2007
    Full Name:
    David Figueredo T.
    ...but taking a sabatical doesnt seem very wise IMO...he needs to stay racing so he can stay in touch with all the fuzz, I mean, you get yourself obsolete in what? 5 races?

...and I dont think anything that has happened to him after leaving Renault had been calculated, he just reacted to all the mess he endorsed...he´s been a survivor, not a planner...he intended some things, then all went wrong, and then took some other action...logicals action, but not planned.

he should have been faster than his teamate...but that was marginal or non-clear to the end...
    he might have been 2007 champion...but he wasnt.
    he was suppoused to be driving for McLaren in 2008, but he wont...
    he should be racing next year in a top team...and that is uncertain too...

I dont see a very calculated path in that...neither on the Jenson Button side. ;)

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Maybe it makes more sense once we know where he is going for 08 and 09. :)

22. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    But you have to take in account he jumped in at Renault as they peaked and then Mclaren as they got back on song you could say Lewis took his 3rd title of him. Had Lewis not been there and of course no spying stuff you might be thinking differently.

I agree time out not a wise move.

23. Ambassiatore

Jan 30, 2007
    Full Name:
    David Figueredo T.
    ...where are the bloody paparazzis when you need them?...is everybody following Lewis?...He wasnt champion!...Diana is dead!...and Beckam is over at the U.S!...were is everybody?...this Fonso guy has to go somewhere, talk to someone, get lunch with someone, buy groseries...we need some piece of info for TifosiRon sake!!! :)

24. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Couldn't agree more with you. It is mind boggling that we don't get an update of some sort. Where Alonso goes is currently the #1 issue in F1. Once his 08 plan is announced all the other drivers and their seats will fall into place.

25. Ambassiatore

Jan 30, 2007
    Full Name:
    David Figueredo T.
    ...I miss those Italian FIA officials and Italian newspapers ...they have more leaks than a russian sub ;)