"1968 Ferrari Dino" with Webasto two-piece targa top - YIKES | FerrariChat

"1968 Ferrari Dino" with Webasto two-piece targa top - YIKES

Discussion in '206/246' started by dinogts, Dec 12, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Check out this listing for a "1968 Ferrari Dino" on eBay "RARE"

"1 of 7" with a two piece Webasto Roof.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310007372561

There appears to some sort of extra bracing that triangulates the area next to the seat and runs back to the rear bulkhead/firewall.

The listing doesn't bother to mention in the heading that it is a 206. The "history" of 0144, such as it is, is on dinoregister.com

This Dino has been mentioned here on FCHAT from time to time, even once in a thread that I guess I started about 6 months ago, about the last time it was for sale, I think.

Is the toolkit shown in the listing original for a 206? It looks a lot different from my GTS toolkit and from all of the other 246 toolkits.

Mark

2. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    i can vouch from a personal prospective that those aren't the original tools and books.

not being able to inspect in person, the pouch looks right, but the tools are odd. the owners pouch is not correct for this dino.

:)

3. gblue

gblue Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2005
    Maui Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Gregg Blue
    Aloha...this 206 GT was for sale for some time and was purchased by "Commander Rand" about a month ago from Las Vegas I think. He then bought a Porsche 904 from the people who are now selling the 206 and traded it in to them.....he paid around 130k for the 206 GT.
    Also said the top conversion was done in Germany....but who knows........the dash has been messed with and the overall condition would have to be closely inspected to determine it's actual value. I'd say if the top hadn't been cut it would be worth more...not many 206's out there for sale....mine's not

gregg blue

4. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    i agree, these car are very rare. oddly, they are bringing far more money in th uk and europe than here. with the week dollar, i am surprised that it hasn't sailed the ocean yet

5. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    am i crazy?

i just checked the auction and it is at $180k+ with a reserve not met

6. MRONY

MRONY Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2007
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Mike O.
    #6 MRONY, Dec 16, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    As I posted elsewhere, these two-piece targa tops are indeed extremely rare --so rare, in fact, that Enzo brought in a special artist to decorate the inside of the roof:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Shill bidding? Can't tell on eBay anymore for expensive items. Expensive items are where the most risk is, and while I can underdstand eBay's desire to protect such bidders' identities, eBay needs to figure out something better.

Mark

8. gblue

gblue Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2005
    Maui Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Gregg Blue
    Aloha...

A simple call after the auction is over to the dealer will find out if it's really sold. The price of vintage European cars is very cheap right now for Europeans buying from the USA. Right now in Europe 308's and 328's are almost the same price in Euros as they are in Dollars here. I think a lot of cars are making the voyage home right now. The dollar is very weak and those cars are a bargain right now for Europeans. That's part of the reason prices here in the USA are rising so fast. The more cars that leave the higher the prices will go until they equal out.

IMO.

gregg blue