fire extinguisher mount | FerrariChat

fire extinguisher mount

Discussion in '360/430' started by rdaino, Dec 12, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rdaino

rdaino Rookie

Jan 11, 2006
    does anyone know the best way to mount an after market fire extinguisher in a 360. car does not have factory extinguisher and i would like to add one.
    thx,
    rob
    03 360 spider

2. Derek Trotter

Derek Trotter Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 28, 2007
    Cambridge, UK
    I have one mounted in the boot/trunk but have also seen them mounted centrally on the firewall behind the seats. A good quality extinguisher looks pretty good there.

3. RBK

RBK F1 Rookie

Jul 27, 2006
    Calif and Nev
    Full Name:
    Bob
    An extinquisher in the boot may be available in time if a real emergency occurs. Since fuel/exhaust fires are not uncommon, placing an "automatic" exintinquisher in the engine bay (one that is sensitive to heat, non corrovsive)makes sense. After that, we all have opinions. Best

4. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    The boot isn't a good place, you can't quickly get to it. I mounted one behind the passenger's seat in my 360 (don't have one in the 430 yet).

Art

5. dwe8922

dwe8922 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    David
    My friend has an '02, and he said his had screws for the factory unit already in place behind the carpet on the left side passenger footwell. He just used the standard mount that came w/ the aftermarket extinguisher he bought, and the screws already in place.

6. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    My car has a smaller halon extenguisher mounted on the tunnel in front of the center console. Not sure how it was attached to the tunnel but I can check and post pictures tomorrow if anyone is interested.

7. mr_bock

mr_bock Formula 3

Oct 27, 2006
    FL full time
    My 360 also has the smaller chromed halon extinguisher mounted on the tunnel, passenger side just forward of the seat. Also using the Krause Heinds (sp) quick release mount. The previous owner had a cell phone mounted there so there were a couple of holes that matched the mount. I wanted to put a metal backing plated on the inside of the tunnel for a secure mount but I can't get inside with out taking the whole console out. Right now I have selftapping screws... not the best method. Maybe this winter I will pull the console out and do this right. The extinguisher looks good and does not interfere with the passenger.

Happy Holidays!!!!!

8. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I have a small one that tucks under the front of the passenger seat of my 360. It's called a FireAde 2000 and is made by this company: http://www.fireade.com/ - it's a water based system. Here is some info on the one I have:

http://www.rnick.com/extinguishers.html

On mine, I took some velcro and made straps around the extinguisher and then used some wire ties that thread around the strapes. The whole thing is secured to the bracket up/under the seat. Unless you know it's there, you can't even see it. But in the event of a fire, it's easy to grab and yank out from under there (the wire ties that loop through the straps unwind quickly).

If you want a very high quality mount, check out mooneyes.com - they make a very nice Chrome one. Just type the word "fire" in their search box and you should see several different types show up.

Brey-Krause also makes a very nice one that I would consider:

http://www.bkauto.com/porsche/r9520.php

Here is another link I had bookmarked that has some nice systems:

http://www.livermoreperformance.com/safecraft_fire_systems.html

Ray

9. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    I have mine mounted behind the drivers seat.

10. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

#10 Ricambi America, Dec 13, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    FWIW, I have an OEM Ferrari cylinder + black leather clamps available. The 'matching' bag was mis-sewn by Ferrari. If anyone is interested, send me a PM. Yes, the cylinder has a Ferrari logo on it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login