Gold Marranello(s') | FerrariChat

Gold Marranello(s')

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by redferrarispyder, Dec 11, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. redferrarispyder

redferrarispyder Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2007
    is the car very common in the champagne colour? Does it keep its value well I wouldnt mind seeing some pics if anyone has any

2. BAD360

BAD360 Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2004
    Albany/Colonie NY
    Full Name:
    Brett
    #2 BAD360, Dec 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    i'm sure it could command a premium from a buyer who wants that color, but i doubt it's a very in-demand color. yellow 550s are apparently a bear to try to sell (for comparison, fwiw).

doody

4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    #4 darth550, Dec 11, 2007
  5. 68rcodemustang

68rcodemustang Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2006
    Houston Texas
    Full Name:
    Mullet
    I get comments all the time on my Grigio Ingrid 575. It is a nice subtle color.

6. Ferrari Rare Parts

Ferrari Rare Parts Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 18, 2006
    Rome Italy
    Full Name:
    Orlando
    Very nice colour ,but yellow or red is the top!

7. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    For the mid-engine V8s, yes. For the 12's, much less so, especially the 2+2s. 456s and 612s in red or yellow look rather weird. On the flip side, a grigio ingrid F430 would be strange.

8. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Pretty car. Jewish racing Gelt? :p

9. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Karate lessons. ;)

10. kaz550

kaz550 Formula 3

Jun 21, 2005
    Richmond Hill
    Full Name:
    Zak
    I think the colors that would keep up their value the most would be any Grey/Silver derived color or Black

11. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Silver or red. Silvers must have black int.

12. ketel

ketel Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Sausalito, CA
    2000 456M is right...

IMVHO, red 550s are not the optimal color, while a red almost-any-other-two-seater Ferrari looks pretty stunning. This has, I think, a lot to do with vehicle size and girth.

A large vehicle (either in actuality or optically) looks odds in primary colors. I'm not a psychologist, but this seems to be the norm. Think about it. Visualize a red or white or yellow 400i...or 456. Yick. Am I right? Now, that same car in a metallic hue looks pretty amazing.

This is not limited to Fcars. When was the last time you saw a large S-class Mercedes in red...or yellow, for that matter. I'd bet next to never. What about a red Hummer H3....or red Range Rover? Not likely

I think this has to do with the same phenomenon whereby larger people wear darker clothes and stay away from horizontally-striped sweaters. These items accentuate girth, not minimize it.

Just my opinion...

ketel

13. kaz550

kaz550 Formula 3

Jun 21, 2005
    Richmond Hill
    Full Name:
    Zak
    ive never thought of it that way...
    you made a very good and worthwhile point

14. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    /whistle.

Maranello looks amazing in that color.

15. redferrarispyder

Sep 29, 2007
    wow that is the nicest car did the wheels cost extra or are they aftermarket

16. redferrarispyder

Sep 29, 2007
    ha! can we see some?

17. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Thanks! :)

They were the upgrade/modular wheels, same ones that came on the Barchetta and yes, they cost extra. :)

18. Kent A

Kent A Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Kent
    #18 Kent A, Dec 14, 2007
  19. ketel

ketel Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Sausalito, CA
    Isn't that the beauty of it all? I mean, the 'different strokes' side of it. I happen to love TdF blue on the 550s and -- thankfully -- that's not everyone's cup of tea. If it was I would be outpriced on having one and there would be too many out there, diluting the value and exclusivity of such a fine beast.

As to Ferraris always being red, I'm not going to touch that with two ten-foot poles. There are people (I am not one of them) that would say red Ferraris are cliche, scream 'new money' or 'first Ferrari', and other unkind things. There, I said it. I think that's just nasty, mean-spirited, jealousy-tinged nonsense, but it does exist out there and has driven a lot of people to order different colors so as not to be painted with the brush of "cheesedick-middle-aged-crisis-guy-just-sold-his-company-and-is-now-tooling-around-in-a-red-Ferrari" stereotype.

I am not saying I agree with it, because I don't. But, I realize it exists. There are certain, um, more conservative professions and social circles where red Ferraris, yellow Lamborghinis and the like rub people the wrong way if you are seen tooling around the country club in one. Leave it at that. I also know a bunch of friends who are real gearheads that *finally* decided to be a Ferrari owner and got a non-red color because the wifey was willing to allow a Ferrari into the family as long as it wasn't red.

I would say, on margin, most Ferrari models look best in Red. Twenty-five years later, the site of a late Red/Tan 512BBi or 328GTB still gives me goosebumps. But, I happen to draw the line at the larger saloon/GT cars like the 550s, 400s, 365GT2+2s, you get the picture.

I say 'tomato', you say 'shut the f**k up'

[homage to Dennis Miller]

ketel

20. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Au contraire' ....sorta. ;)

The novelty of the red or yellow 612 or 456 is that they absolutely don't belong in those colors, which is exactly why they look so damn desirable in them! :)

I look at the guy with the red 612 and think it's his seventh, rather than his first. :)

21. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    From what I have seen in the 550/575, silvers (titanio/grigio and its variants) are the most popular by far. The darker colors seem to be in demand, as someone is always asking for a TDF or Pozzi Maranello. Then Black. And only after these have I seen the yellow/reds.

Just my unscientific observations.

Grigio Ingrid is a very cool color in person, not my cup of tea but nice.

-dsd

22. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    For some reason it seems to depend on location as well. In Europe, Red 550's are most popular, followed by Grigio Titanium, Black and TdF. Argento and other light silvery colours are a bit less popular here.

Onno

23. drive4fun

drive4fun Rookie

Jan 19, 2005
    I have a grigio ingrid 550 and it is a nice subtle/classy counterpoint to my 360 spyder in rosa corsa. More important than the color is the fact that the 550 has become the very best buy in "driveable" V12 Ferraris today. With a legitimate trunk, plenty of interior space and great GT road manners, it is a wonderful car for a long journey.