512tr Naples Motorsport | FerrariChat

512tr Naples Motorsport

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Gershwin, Dec 16, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
  2. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    I would suggest that you can buy your auction cars cheaper and with less hassle than through Naples.

3. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Looks like a clean car.

One thing I noticed since they are bragging it being a concourse car....why does the car have two different brand type tires on it? Someone is trying to get "cheap" on it. Alot of the pictures look identical to the ones I have on my car.

4. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways

Is that a grey market VIN?

Also, you've got to get the Naples' "restocking fee" in writing before you buy.

5. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Stephan,

Make sure the receipts show that the following were donce recently.

Timing bearings
    Cam Seals
    Cam Orings
    ahh..just let me look at the service records. I'll help out.

6. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    auction cars? I'm not an auctioneer..

Thanks Adam I'll call you from down there if I get interested. Last time I recall requiring they push the car from the wall and leaks were found in several areas - there is some reason this car isn't moving and hasnt' for 8 months....

7. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    Sorry. I wasn't referring to you.

Naples just has a reputation for buying exotics at auction (especially those with paint retouching), marking them up highly, cleaning them up, taking *great* pictures of the cars, and then having their buddy Eric at F1 do a friendly (nudge, nudge, wink-wink) PPI for prospective buyers.

What I meant to say was that you could surely buy such auction cars cheaper by cutting out the Naples middleman.

There are a few brokers/dealers here on Fchat that will take you to the dealer auctions for a nominal fee, for instance.

You'll have the same hit-or-miss luck buying the car at auction yourself as buying it through a middleman like Naples.

8. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Where is this leaks at? Front of the car? If so it could be a leaking rack. Boots on the steering tend to crack releasing the lube that is in it. Color is typically a light brown color and may look a bit like water and oil mixed together. But anyways if you get serious about the car I will tell you where to look to see if things have really been done to it. If I had to buy another TR, I feel pretty confident in my abilities now on what to look for. I could even do a decent PPI on one and I would really drill down on a few things I have found while doing my own majors.

9. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Its concours win was in 2000. Hopefully it would have got new tires since then.

Still, I agree, I replace 4 tires at once. It does seem like a bit of penny-pinching.

10. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    I am not going to say anything about Naples Motorsports, but I can say that Eric (F1 Imports) is a straight up guy.He has nothing to do with them. He just happens to be near Naples Motorsports.

11. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    Roger that, No Doubt.

If you can share the broker/dealer lead for me via PM I'd love to speak w/ you about that option.

12. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    I wish, but it was in the rear.

It was a leak, I don't recall the exact color other than there were several different colors on the ground that made a colorful cocktail. Service records did show a couple majors but none w/in 4 years or so. I suspected the car had seen better days for your observation of tire differential and the fact the leaks were present. It's a shame but the car probably had a good owner at one time but since has fallen on hard times. I just wasn't in the mood for a rescue.

13. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways

Send a private email to 45Six and ILuv4Res and spyderman33 for Manheim/Orlando dealer auction access via a fellow Fchatter (I have no affiliation).

14. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
    According to Autocheck, this TR is not an auction car.
    PA--->NY--->FL--->NY--->FL

15. CMT

CMT Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2006
    East Mesa, AZ
    Full Name:
    Tony T.
    This is all I'll add.......Having purchased a car from Naples and the PPI from Eric at F1......I won't do it again. On both fronts.

Tony.

16. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways

Wait. Let me guess: Title issues. Odometer issues. Their idea of a 30k service (looked under the hood, filled coolant, pronounced it "serviced?!") was different than every other human's idea of it, etc.?

Repaint? Bent frame? Toolkit emptied? Wrong tires on the car?

Am I close?!

17. CMT

CMT Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2006
    East Mesa, AZ
    Full Name:
    Tony T.
    Actually, it was none of those.

Tony