I just saved a bunch of money on my car....home insurance | FerrariChat

I just saved a bunch of money on my car....home insurance

Discussion in 'Florida' started by pippo, Dec 14, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pippo

pippo Formula 3

Sep 25, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    pippopotemus
    Cant believe it, but I have escaped from the Citizen's Prison by switching to Homewise Insurance. Didnt thing I could find an Ins Co in FL other than Citizen's. Saved $1800!

2500 ded. I was with Nationwide for years, then got cut out. Offered me citizens as an "only alternative". Oh Yeah? Take that. Called an Independant. they came through. Just thought Id share it with yous incase anyone is in the same boat here in Ins rippoff land......

2. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    got a contact phone number for the company?

3. pippo

pippo Formula 3

Sep 25, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    pippopotemus
    Right now, no, but I will ask my agent, to find out. Ill send you a PM, and take it from there.

4. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I was offered 6 new (Florida only) start-ups this year, after being dropped by NationWide.

I went with Citizens even though it cost more, because... I was worried about the new companies with 1 year experience and only a handful of employees.

Its sad that all the National Companies that actually have the risk diversity spread across the USA and assets to handle a cat-4, have all pulled out... and left us with a handful of little start-ups that have a PO box and $50 million dollars in capital.

I hope you found a good company... I didn't have any luck

5. pippo

pippo Formula 3

Sep 25, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    pippopotemus
    Ive been told it is A rated. And, if not, I wil take my chances, as from what Ive heard from others (some even on this forum), even the BIG guys in Hartford, etc, will fight you tooth and nail when it is claim time, then , they will knock down the value further, etc etc. . What the heck good is it to be insured by someone like that? Who really are these "good" companies, I say?

6. pippo

pippo Formula 3

Sep 25, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    pippopotemus
    Update: Not only is it A rated, but it is on the Admitted Carrier list for State of FL.

7. DiMisa1977

DiMisa1977 Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2005
    is this carrier available for us who are located east of 95, east of federal (east coast).

8. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    So, it sounds good. Did you ever get the contact info?

Scottie

9. pippo

pippo Formula 3

Sep 25, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    pippopotemus
    Sorry guys, for delay. Am balancing work, kid's homework, fixing a crankshaft seal on an Alfa, etc. Here is the link for Homewise, just put in your zip code, and hopefully, they will list an agent in your area. So far, They are the real McCoy.....

http://homewiseinsurance.com/findagent.cfm

Let me know if yous have any luck.

Joe

10. pippo

pippo Formula 3

Sep 25, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    pippopotemus
    Gees, I hope so, but dont know. Try the zip thing and let us know.

11. pippo

pippo Formula 3

Sep 25, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    pippopotemus
    Whew, just got my policy, they put me through the ringer, but finally got "accepted".

Yeah, for those of you who want to save money on FL property ins. Saved $200+ per year. I think it was worth it.

12. RedTanF430

RedTanF430 Karting

Feb 10, 2008
    Boca Raton, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Nationwide dropped me too. My independent agent got me covered with another company.