enzo maintainence | Page 2 | FerrariChat

enzo maintainence

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by bostonmini, Jan 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Actually, there was a campaign on Enzos that if the car had miles, they swapped the rotors and pads...not for wear reasons, but for field test data. FNA used the parts to guage real-world wear/use, and I don't believe the customer was to have been billed for it. Kind of like GM does with 1st year production of everything they make. Let the customers find the problems, fix'em later. This came from a reliable industry source, was not published, except I saw one small comment in either AW or AN about same.
    FWIW
    Lee

2. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    I second these comments. I just did not read about it. As well, it was not FNA, but rather Brembo that wants/needs the data.

3. zackspeed

zackspeed Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Zack
    mm enzo here currently has over 10,000 miles on it with ZERO brake issues. even after much hard driving and some track time and magazine tests. car also won the north american challenge rally recently, and went to the denver cart race to do rides for charity. car is on its second set of tires so miles have not been with grandma. also enzo oil only comes in 5 gallon buckets and is shell racing 10w60. VERY unlikely that any service manager would recomend mixing very hard to get oil with "p car" 0w40 oil. i call bs on your "kinda funny story".

4. 96cobrakid

96cobrakid Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Chris
    damn, lol

Does anyone have the ferrari service schedule for an enzo?

5. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula 3

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
    I do.

aehaas

6. MGD416

MGD416 Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Matt
    hmm is mm enzo back now, because it had over 40,000 before it crashed correct?

7. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula 3

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
    Just FYI, I am using Castrol 0W30 Syntec European Formula oil in the Enzo. I plan to change it soon to Renewable Lubricants 0W30 vegetable based bio oil. While the 10W60 Shell product may be fine for the race track at 200 MPH or more, it is too thick for around town use.

aehaas

8. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Look at the date on the post... MM Enzo hadn't crashed in January of 2004!

9. pawlie

pawlie Formula Junior

May 10, 2006
    Philly, USA
    Full Name:
    Paul F.
    You might be right, but what does that have to do with maintenance costs?

10. Hawaiian35

Hawaiian35 Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2007
    Ewa Beach Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Robsky
    I know I don't own any Ferrari. I wish i did, at least the 308 GTS I'd be happy. But if I bought an Enzo why would I wanna complain about its maintenance?!!! If I got millions who cares if all my brakes, pads, rotors, etc...cost $80,000 to replace. I'd pay in a heartbeat. And I would drive it like a normal car on the street. I bought it I'll enjoy it. $1000 oil change.....who cares I'd pay $5000 for an oil change. I got the money I'm gonna enjoy it! Darn it if that comes with a blow job from the receptionist while waiting for the service that's even better!! I don't get it why some wealthy people who are enthusiast and can afford to buy these exotics they buy em and they park and display. These cars are screamin, and meant to be driven. They need to be seen, heard..etc! You paid $1.2-1.4 million for an ENZO and yet they complain about a thousand dollar oil change. UNREAL!!!! Get a Fiero and buy a replica kit. That's cheap!!!!!!! Maybe the oil change might be only $80 or that's too expensive too!!! GET REAL!

11. Necx0

Necx0 Karting

Dec 13, 2007
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    You miss the point completely. Just because the guys that buy these cars can afford them doesn't mean they should have to mortgage their houses to afford to run the thing.

I certainly wouldn't drive it every day. 1. it would cost a fortune and 2. it would be a complete pain in the arse.

12. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    The other side of the coin is that there are people out there that have so much money that maintenance on these vehicles is a trivial expense.

Or the other people that love them so much that the expense is worth it.

Or another group that are fantastically wealthy, but still see 80k as 80k and not .000012% of their wealth and refuse to splash out the dosh.

13. Jompen

Jompen Formula Junior

May 27, 2006
    To many people in this thread that has no clue about costs for an Enzo or any other Ferrari either.

My standard 360 costs 1200$ for yearly service , which basically is oil change.
    Standard brake discs and pads on a 360 is about 5000$.

Same on a 360 cs is about 15000$.

I will not comment on an Enzo since I have no experince, BUT extrema cars cost EXTREME money, not strange. Small series and huge margins for Ferrari equals a high price.