sorry to disappointment | Page 2 | FerrariChat

sorry to disappointment

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by LV Eric, Dec 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LV Eric

LV Eric Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2006
    LA & LV
    Full Name:
    eric

there is some rumor floating around that i'm broke or in a tight spot and another that i'm going to jail. all of it is untrue, things are fine,

my backache is disaster, i'm a little better, but still real bad. I'm gonna go to Germany soon I think I have MD, i'm not gonna diagnose it myself but from what i have read and seen, there is a good chance thats whats wrong. i'll report soon as I know, i havent been driving any of my cars i'm board with them, i think a Veyron would be fun. I have been at home most of the time or having someone drive me in the Phantom, I wish I didnt sell the Maybach62.

happy christmas

2. atomstrange

atomstrange Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2005
    Lenexa KS
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Eric,
    GLad to hear you may have solved the back issue. If you are bored with the cars let someone else enjoy them for awhile.
    If you end up needing it back, buy another one. Did you have a good time in brazil at the f1 races?

3. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Great to hear your well Eric. Hope the back feels better real soon.

4. SDChris

SDChris Formula 3

Mar 8, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I just got off the phone with Eric, and all is well! His business is if anything benefited by the sub-prime market..and he besides the back pain is doing well!

Now, if the lender market as far as floor planning was concerned was doing as good, I too would be great this Christmas evening!! ;)

5. NoFerrari

NoFerrari Karting

Nov 24, 2004
    Oakland,Ca/LA
    Full Name:
    Benny
    Just remember You must be doing something right if someone is jealous.

6. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    so, is it ok for me to feel jealous cos your subscribed and i'm not? is it common? :D :D

Merry Christmas anyways :) :)

7. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Well, that can't be any fun - yet, by the same token, best thing in the meantime is actually to keep mind off this, as ****worry**** is a condition worse than most any ailment. Of course, discussion brings things to the fore, and however much info you wish to disclose about your health is entirely up to you. But again, even as you think the worst and hope for the best, don't let those wheels in your head turn ****worry**** over too much. Not as bad as envy, but, ****worry**** is like robbing oneself of productive thought, time and energy, and happiness - any of which is far more valuable.

8. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    I have a little laugh to myself when I read threads like this. Seriously.

9. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    I hope you're not jealous over $15, as that has as little relevance as well.

10. LV Eric

LV Eric Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2006
    LA & LV
    Full Name:
    eric

i'll clear up your confusion, i have alot of friends here and in the car community, there is a rumor that I stated in my origonal post in this thread, my intention is to dispell it, i'm not an ego guy, ask around, i'm a humble guy and I do my best to get along with everyone and share things-not show off read the posts i made in the 'eric's collection" thread, i opened up alot of my personal feelings and values there. my intent is to dispell the rumors,

yes i market to the ailing sub-prime sector of out economy in 39 states however given my business model everything is fine, if I was in trouble i would be the first to admit it, i'm down about one million in personal income this year because we bought a new computer network, added alot of servers, linces etc, at the cost of two million, since i own half, i'm down a mil, its ok, i'm not in debt my net worth went up this year. its not about my ego its my reputation, i want to protect my reputation. i'm not a ego maniac, just a guy who is good at what I do and am proud of that, but when I get a call from a very close personal friend who heard 3 independ rumors about me from 3 different sources-I need to admit I have problems or set the record straight so I did, perhaps I came offa little brash but it pissed me off, and hurt my feelings-not my ego, if I lost all my $$$ I would still be friends with the people here my affinity for them isnt $$$ based and I hope they feel the same about me. so if I the way i started this thread is bad then i appologise.

11. LV Eric

LV Eric Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2006
    LA & LV
    Full Name:
    eric

my intention is to never make people jealous, i open my self up to them and welcome them into my life, its comroderary not a score keeping game, and there are alot of people here with ALOT more $$$ than me and more people with less, but that dosent matter were friends, i'm not lkeeping score and I'm happy to see my friends make 50,000,000/year and it dosent bother me it makes me proud of them and I celebrate their success, if someone makes $25,000 i'll try and help them if they want it. its about friends not keeping score.

12. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Like my dad always says....... The spouting whale gets the harpoon.

Good night.

13. arezzo

arezzo Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2003
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    SH
    Thats a very cool quote, I'll remember that one. Thanks :) and a Happy New Year.

S

14. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Merry Xmas Eric. :):)

Hope you keep battling to get the back all better. :):)

All the best from Down Under mate! :):)

15. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    It's funny that the moderators let certain people get away with certain things...

16. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    thats classic, I can remember my Mom, a great source of folksy quotes, saying that as well. So true.

17. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Thank you for indirectly bringing it to attention of [unbiased] moderators.

Given I have made a couple of posts on this thread, I hope this clears any misunderstanding; I believe this to be the second thread [ever] I've even read which was created by the Original Author.

No matter if it were a thousand threads by the OG I'd responded to, there is no bias.

Of late, I've not paid much attention to *where* anything is - Do enough of that at w- w- w- work. I'm tiiiiiired, man.

Since I'm not a mod in this section, which needs the thread moved, I just notified the gatekeepers of this section to move the thread to Off-Topic.

I didn't happen to notice any of said moderators posting anywhere yesterday, perhaps they were enjoying the holiday and/or are tired.

Hope this quenches the thirst of any curious cats.

18. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Odd thread. Could win weird thread of the month.

Maybe win "thread most worth skipping" this year.

Either way, moving to other off topic, without a re-direct from here, ASAP!!

DM

19. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    Eric,

I don't know anything about your back pain but it sounds serious. There is a guy named Mark Mintzer who has dedicated his time to connecting serious back pain sufferers to the latest doctors and techniques (particularly those leading edge techniques coming out of Europe). His website is http://globalpatientnetwork.com/. I have no idea if you could benefit from this type of info or not, but I thought I'd share the link with you.

As far as other people being jealous of what you have, that is okay if all it involves is that they covet what you own. What I hate worse is when people truly seem to envy what you have, that is, they begrudge you having your possessions and take delight in any misfortune to come your way. Ferraris are things of beauty, works of art, and tons of fun when one is behind the wheel on the open road or on a track. Unfortunately, they can also be the object of unwanted negative attention. The best part of this website, FerrariChat, is finding people with whom you can share the passionate side of the hobby while minimizing the downside of it.

Good luck on your health issues.

20. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    VERY TRUE.

NOT SO TRUE.

Happy Holidays.

21. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    A lot of talk about Eric's business. What exactly is the business? Hope your back gets feeling better.

22. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    a mate told me once , if you have strong feelings over something , then write then down and put it in the draw . wake up the next morning , and if you feel the same way , then let it out . i think this advice could of helped the original poster from posting a weird thread .

i say weird thread of the year , it gets my vote !!!!

23. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Man, that second paragraph is about the longest three sentences I have ever seen. Or one really long one and two short ones. I almost hyperventilated trying to read the whole thing on one breath..............:>)

You don't have to try to explain,,,,,,those who are jealous will just revel in the fact that you feel you need to defend yourself. You owe them no explanations and your reputation is fine here,,,,I think.......best to you....

24. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    AWHITE strikes again!

25. ChaseV_CarCollector

Oct 10, 2007
    Eric,

I hope your back gets better soon. I can understand how you are feeling when you hear rumors about your very own lifestyle. I know you are doing good and I wish you a very good new year. Seems like there is alot of jealously in this thread, but thats expected when somebody is doing so well and shows how their day to day life is. Which includes driving your nice car collection, owning a huge house and just doing quite well in life all together. Wish you the best.