Where would you take your car? | FerrariChat

Where would you take your car?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by rennspeed, Dec 28, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    Hi All:

I need to get my car checked out and serviced.

I've been hearing good things about Foreign Sport Tech and FX Performance.

If given the two choices where would you take your car? I'm looking to establish a long term relationship with one of these shops and would love some feedback.

Thanks in advance.

2. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
    You forgot the most important choice...

www.EugeniosFerrariService.com

The man is a genius with Ferrari's

I would not take any fcar I ever own to anybody else.

3. ONEOFEW

ONEOFEW Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2006
    LA
    Full Name:
    Steve

+1

4. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    I have been very impressed by Fusion....spent the last 2 weeks over there, in and out, they get my vote

5. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    Yes he was my first choice but the earlist he can see my car is in two months.

6. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    Do you have a phone number and address?

Thank You

7. drdeath

drdeath Rookie

Aug 6, 2007
    London
    Full Name:
    Micheal Foot
  8. numisrx

numisrx Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 4, 2007
    Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    +1

9. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    Eugenio is great.....but if you're in Santa Monica he's a bit of a drive and probably quite booked-up. If you are looking for a long-term relationship where the mechanic really knows your car, and given the area you are in...I fully concur with Dusty: FUSION MOTORSPORTS, Damian

Besides, I understand Eugenio is routinely referring work to Damian as it is.

Service, quality, price....and a guy who will almost cry if he can't make you happy....yep, give Damian a call. Only great reviews from anyone who has gone there! (myself included).

Damian Forbes
    Fusion Motorsports Inc.
    21744 Marilla St.
    Chatsworth, Ca, 91311
    Ph.818-773-9636. Cell 818-521-2332

10. porsche racer

porsche racer Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2006
    southern california
    Full Name:
    arthur
    I agree 100%
    Art

11. Paul_91206

Paul_91206 Rookie

Aug 27, 2007
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Fusion also has my work

Knowledgeable & conscientious

12. blownchevy

blownchevy Karting

Jul 24, 2005
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    +1

13. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Foreign Sport Technician is in Santa Monica on Broadway. Claudio is one of the most respected mechanics and has been around for years. Very reasonable and stands behind his work. His PPI's have been known to save would be buyers $$$$$ and mucho headaches.

http://www.foreignsporttechnician.com/

14. FastRed355

FastRed355 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Westwood
    Full Name:
    Steve
    +1
    He helped me when I sold my first F car, and did the PPI on the next one. He gets high marks.
    Also, very close and convenient.

15. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Gets my vote also.

16. LennyZeutzius

LennyZeutzius Karting
    BANNED

Dec 21, 2004
    Palmdale, CA
    Full Name:
    Lenny

Looks like all they did was blatantly copy verbage right off Eugenio's website. Verbage that's been on E's website for 6+ years.

Pretty sad.

17. EuroDino

EuroDino Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph Fischetti
    Try Tillack & Co in Redondo Beach.

http://www.tillackco.com/

They are not local to Santa Monica but the best is always worth the trip. I would find it difficult to believe that many other independent shops
    in any of the surrounding valleys have a reputation supported by Concourse d'Elegance podium quality work. They know their stuff .....

FWIW I had my Ferrari inspected at Tillack, and my Maserati has had it's services performed there. Very professional, top notch group. I work
    at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory and I can only say that their work ethic and attention to detail is above any other independent or factory service
    I have encountered.

18. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I'll take an Italian mechanic over an English major to work on my Ferrari any time. ;)

19. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    VERY TRUE!!!!!

Claudio did 2 PPI's for me and in both cases he took me immediately (Darth's influence probably) and promptly diagnosed both vehicles with several problems, saved me a lot of headaches. Price was very reasonable. Excellent reputation too.

I've been told that Claudio is best with the older Ferrari's...he's got that intuitive old-school mechanic sense about him. You can't judge a mechnic based on his website....actually that would be sad.

Just for the record, Damian's also a certified Ferrari mechanic of a more recent pedigree and he's one of a very few mechanics who is certified to work on the Mercedes SLR and a few other uber-exotics. Auto Gallery thinks enough to send work to him too. I've also seen a lot of old-school expen$ive relics in his shop as well.

Either mechanic is outstanding and both have done me VERY well.

20. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    Thanks for the replies everyone I really appreciate it.

I am going with Fusion. I sent a Damien a pm and hopefully my car should be in his shop next week.

21. challengefan

challengefan Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 3, 2007
    I had a great time at the AUTO GALLERY, they were very helpful with all my needs and they were very nice and knowledgable ask for Max Picado.

22. FerrariEldor

FerrariEldor Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 28, 2007
    I am new to the area. I did some research before going to Auto Gallery for service. Damian at Fusion was a Mercedes tech at Auto Stiegler. I called Ferrari North America to see if he was a Certified Ferrari Tech, as claimed and I was told he has never attended school nor been Certified nor worked for a Ferrari dealer. Call Ferrari yourself at 1-201-816-2600. There are other shops (non-dealer) claming the same and the same untrue results. I would prefer to go to a dealer as I believe they would have deep pockets if they make a mistake and better resources. As far as Auto Gallery sending work to an Independent, the owners must be a sleep at the wheel, or it is also an untrue claim. If I had an employee doing that I would let him go. My one experience with Auto Gallery was very good, but they are in a bad location. Their technicians were very personable. My advice, do some research, ask to see credentials and ask other customers their opinion. Good luck.

23. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004

I believe you will be very happy with Damien and Fusion. Great guy, great shop.
    End of story.

D

24. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Larry at FerrariTech in Orange if he will have you. He now is the only mech for the Marconi (sp) musemum in Tustin.

Oh, well. Go somewhere else and hope they know your problem.

:)

12 cylinders or walk

25. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    I like the guys at Auto Gallery and I don't want to burn any bridges....but please: Auto Gallery roached my buddies tranny by forgetting to put oil back into it...opps; new tranny! Then there's Doc B's brake pads where they forgot to put the pins back in. What's more interesting is that you and ChallengeFan have never posted before and these are your first-ever post. Things that make ya go hmmmmmm.......

I've never met a single person whose had anything bad to say about Damian or Claudio. Can't say that about the dealership. From what I gather there are 2 great mechanics over there, beyond that you're rolling the dice.....but don't worry, nobody is foolish enough to say anything bad about the dealer, sooner or later we all need 'em. D'oh!!!!!

The OP made his decision and I'm so confident in Damian that if he's not totally satisfied, I'll personally refund his money to him....but that's just because I know Damian won't take money from someone unless they're satisfied ;)