BMW X5 Trailer Hitch just listed... | FerrariChat

BMW X5 Trailer Hitch just listed...

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by Randy Forbes, Jan 1, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Randy Forbes

Randy Forbes Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2006
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Sports Cars Plus,LLC
    #1 Randy Forbes, Jan 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Moderators, please leave this in the regional forums for a few days. Thanks!

Just listed an xlnt condition used X5 trailer hitch in the FerrariAds.com section (other cars>>other).

Prefer local pick up, and can assist with installation.

X5s make great tow vehicles, so put yours to use!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. modmaki

modmaki Formula 3

Sep 11, 2006
    Michigan,USA
    Full Name:
    Mo Makki
    can you tow a ferrari in that...and you referd to it as an x5 hitch ...does that mean it only works if you owen an x5 suv?...thanks MO

3. Randy Forbes

Jul 14, 2006
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Sports Cars Plus,LLC
    BMW X5 trailer hitch.

Just traded in the X5 for a 535xi and no longer need a BMW factory hitch for a vehicle I don't have.

Bill Auberlin uses his X5 to tow a 10,000 Lb Catamaran, so yes, I'd say it could handle a Ferrari (maybe even a 2 or 3 ;) ).

Link to ad: http://www.ferrarichat.com/ferrariads/showproduct.php?product=641&cat=8

4. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    I didnt know there was another member so close to me. Im in whitehouse. When the weather gets warmer keep your eye out for a silver 360 running around Holland.

5. Randy Forbes

Jul 14, 2006
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Sports Cars Plus,LLC
    Heh,heh, I ALWAYS keep my eyes out for a Ferrari ;)

If you do any of your own maintenance (or want to start) I have a nice lift in my garage that collects all manner of sportscars throughout the year. I'm just off Angola near Albon/Centennial.

There's a brand new F-430 just a few miles north of me (only had 130 miles on it as of last Saturday).

6. FerrariF50lover

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Its not my car but its a friend. My dad owns a body shop on airport. I see you have some bmw's back in the day we had a purple Z3. Where does this 430 reside at? Im wondering if the guy I know who owns the 360 upgraded. If your intersted in Ford GT's at all watch out for a red one as well.

7. Randy Forbes

Jul 14, 2006
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Sports Cars Plus,LLC
    The 430 is off Sylvania/King. He upgraded from an older 430; I think he told me he used to have a 550 at one time as well. I did some work on his Austin-Healey last summer, I'm hoping it leads to more...

I did see a red Ford GT on Centennial last fall. There's a silver/gray one in my sub-division (Hiden Harbour).

Yes, I'm "eat up" with BMW sportscars; I do a trunkfloor/differential mount upgrade on them and I see cars from all over the country (got one from Pennsylvania yesterday). I also sell the reinforcement package to people that want to do it themselves (welding/painting involved) or trust a local shop to do it.

There's a bodyshop on the north side of Airport, down near Eber Rd; that one?

8. FerrariF50lover

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    If your coming off Albon and you turn right onto airport its about a 1/4 down on your right. The red GT is most likely a friend and he also has a 360 spider.