NAV Systems and 4WD Supercars | FerrariChat

NAV Systems and 4WD Supercars

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by lashss, Jan 14, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
  2. GarnetRedCoupe

GarnetRedCoupe Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Love the sound of a downdraft, its a shame they are sooo old. Is there a cup holder mod for them? Will people in DC like you if you have one?

3. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    A kid in a M Benz WRX Quattro asked me if a DD or a Euro TR would even do 150mph. I pushed him into a bush.

4. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    speaking of nav systems and 4 wheel drive ......

5. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    The greatest quote, "I've been waiting 20 years to pop the Countach cherry", to funny!!!!!!!

Robert

6. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

Not much of an actual comparison in the video, but I think the assessment is right. Doesn't really matter though, refinement wasn't the name of the game then. The BB isn't much better in some of the same areas. hot as h*ll to drive, hard to get out of, very little rear view. But at the end of the day, who cares? Yes you get out sopping wet from sweat and your ears are ringing and your arms are tired from driver input, but thats the point..driver input. It's like the Cadillac ad, When you turn your car on, does it return the favor?

The BB does in spades, and I'm sure every Countach owner would say the exact same thing!

DMAX

7. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    MAtt---How is your BB doing?

8. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

BB is great. Lonely, but great. I've been spending a lot of time on the Defender and an insane Bully Dog Duramax. She'll be in Richards capable hands shortly though for a carb rebuild on all four webbers. Contemplating redoing the interior. Thats the only thing that wasn't restored on her and the seats are showing a need for improvement that is beyond griots leather re-conditioner. When I sat in the beautiful black one that GT took to last years Cavallino, I realized how much better the seats COULD be. Although they are pretty much as they were new with just 13,000 miles on her, they need at least a full cosmetic redo with possibly new internals for better support.

How about your 355?

9. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    I want a Countach. Seriously...

10. MDshore348

MDshore348 Formula 3

Dec 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Darron
    ...cherish as we all do the days of yore, we must move on from the members only jackets and feathered hair . Flock of seagulls is no longer in my 8 track.

hang your bmx on the wall and jump on your ducati and drive man ,drive

. I love classics , but do not frown on airbags and Electronic Differentials...

11. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    thank you mr. 1994.

12. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Doing great!!! if the weather holds out I will drive it Sunday!!

13. MDshore348

MDshore348 Formula 3

Dec 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Darron
    it beats 1989 ! can you say motronic 2.7 lol

14. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ

Your car came out in 1989!

15. GarnetRedCoupe

GarnetRedCoupe Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Laser sight.

16. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    not if you are selling.

17. KKRace

KKRace Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Rockville/Olney MD
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I've driven them both on Summit Point and when you hear people talk about visability on the Lambo they are not exagerating, if fact they may be playing it down. 180 degree blind spot(probably closer to 200 degree), good thing it's fast or you'd never be able to change lanes. Side mirrors are mounted in such a way they are useless. One of the ones I drove had fish eye mirrors stuck over the factory ones on both sides. Helped a little. Only way to pass was to get the other car in sight and stomp on the gas as they dissapeared into the blind spot and have the confidence that you could out accelerate them and hope they would not be there when you moved over. Rear view mirror mounted on windshield and rear window are only good for admiring the wing on the back.
    Would not want to drive one on the Beltway unless there was no one else on it. Put some TR mirrors on it and remove the drivers side window and it would have been a lot of fun to drive. Interior reminded me of a kit car but it was fast and very cool. I only used forward gears, never tried to parallel park!

18. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    A good running DD is glorious.

The controls were nice and heavy as well, no downloading Kim Possible episodes on your iPhone while driving one of those.

Those were the days...before dual zone climate controls and stability control.

I need a taste of the DMax BB, I've only driven BBi models so far and they were fun.

We need a carbed BB vs carbed LP shootout...I miss the days of the Puff vs. GoMifune-Euro TR vs DD showdowns on Route 100!!

LS