Georgia Frontiere croaked | FerrariChat

Georgia Frontiere croaked

Discussion in 'Sports' started by wax, Jan 18, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Pardon my admittedly truly awful, tasteless Obit header and followup, but...

After her hubby Carroll Rosenbloom died [a death which remains rife with speculation], she owned the Rams. It is said it was supposed to be just for Tax purposes, and a son was to run the show, but, she booted him and thereafter, she helmed the helmets.

On a personal note, I'll never forget the mutual disgust which engulfed the room full of Rams fans when she was going around kissing various Rams players and coaches along the sideline and on the podium when they hit the big time.

As above, personally, the only "events" which surpass it are seeing Rod Steiger's quite hairy backfat and Al Franken smacking on red licorice. Then again, I witnessed those in "real life", not on TV.

I wonder what Carroll's gonna say to her.

2. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    georgia frontiere is a hero in my book, bringing the nfl back to st louis. she didn't have much to do with the day to day operation of the rams, and she was incredibly loyal (although, almost too loyal) to a few of the high rollers involved with the team. she was a pretty diecent owner, however her biggest achievement was moving from la to stl. no matter what your stance on her may be, just remember, she has to be ranked higher then bill bidwill ever will be, :).

RIP Georgia.

3. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    She followed the huge payday from STL and new stadium. A "hero" would have stayed in LA with the tradition of the Rams. A hero would have spent the big money to get the best players and made a winning team, even if financially it wouldn't have made much sense until the gamble of winning had paid off. She got lucky that the Rams did well within a few years of moving, IMO. Heck, if Trent Green hadn't torn his knee in the '99 preseason no one today might have ever heard of Kurt Warner.

Don't take this to mean I dislike the Rams, in fact I like to see them do well. However, had they not had the miracle Superbowl win in 2000, and had remained a bad team from the first year in STL until now, I doubt the city of St Louis would be quite so high on them.

4. Erich

Erich Formula 3

Sep 9, 2003
    Poway CA
    Full Name:
    Erich Coiner

Her biggest achievement was marrying well.

5. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    lol, well that too, all 27 times she married.

6. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Tradition? LA has always been at the forefront of fickle fanbases, and if they don't support their teams financially, then why should an owner absorb the blow? I liked the Gold and Blue color combo better--even the white and blue, but that's the age showing:)--but as far as tradition, they didn't really rank that highly.