Testafiero | FerrariChat

Testafiero

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Linus77, Jan 13, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
  2. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Designed after the 1996 Testarossa ? LOL !!!

3. Linus77

Linus77 Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    IJ
    I'd love to interview these people and just ask them how they could justify spending any amount of money on such a silly project.

Is the goal to make it believable? Or is it a gag?

Any owners of these on Fchat? If so and you're willing to admit it(!)...do tell...

Even if someone believes you - aren't they going to hear the car? What if someone asks to race you? What do you tell them?

4. Michael Everson

Michael Everson Karting

Nov 5, 2005
    Norton, MA USA Earth
    Full Name:
    Michael Everson
    I am actually a big fan of all replicas. I have owned many. And I have owned a real Ferrari. This particular car is so bad that It gives the other replica a bad name.
    I am currently looking for an acurate 355 Coupe but am very fussy about the looks. Would also consider an accurate Testarossa. I just built and sold my 15th Cobra replica.

Here are a few pictures of my creations
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    It's a Ferrari. It's just built on a Fiero frame. But please don't be put off by minor details like that.

Micheal, no offense meant as I believe all is fair in love and war and, well basically, cars. But is that first car a replica or an independent. I would not call it a replica as I can't identify it. You must agree that it is a poor replica if it can not be identified as that which you are choosing to replicate. Again, I think that this is a decent independent thought process.

I personally would love to do a one off. But there are better people at it than me. And I can't afford them.

6. Michael Everson

Michael Everson Karting

Nov 5, 2005
    Norton, MA USA Earth
    Full Name:
    Michael Everson
    It isnt a replica in the strictest sense. More of a kit car I guess. It is K-1 out of Slovakia.

7. JAYF

JAYF Formula 3

May 13, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Is a carport considered a garage in TN?

8. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    I've actually seen some pretty amazing kit cars, but this Fiero TR is absurd! It looked better as a Fiero!

Actually, I've see some replicas that have amazing attention to detail, but I always come back to the thought that if the owner/builder spent as much time on an original creation, the work would be pure art, and would probably be worth much more than a replica.

9. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

10. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir

That car was listed at OVER 60k, with his initial listing !

Most of the replikraps offered for sale, always list most of the dollars, the person has invested into the project. The owners who put the projects together, all have one thing in common - they never list the total cost of there personal time, that they have devoted to the kit.

Some fool in Cn, claimed to have over 100K in his Diabelow kit. He actually spent little on the 350 engine. Quite a bit of his expenses, were from buying genuine factory parts (one at a time).