360 mods | FerrariChat

360 mods

Discussion in '360/430' started by craiginco, Jan 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. craiginco

craiginco Karting

Jan 24, 2008
    Highlands Ranch
    Full Name:
    Craig
    First post. I have had an 03 360 spider for 18 months. Considering going F430 spider or upgrading the 360. Any opinions?

The 360 mods are software, catbypass, and cap stage 2 exaust. It will definately sound better and said to add 35 hp for about 12K. 25hp from just exhaust and bypass for 8K which I have also considered. Any experiences?

2. masar

masar Formula 3

Aug 19, 2007
    Czech republic
    Full Name:
    Petr
    I dont believe that only exhaust and bypass give you 25hp. However sound will b amazing :))

I think its only about money and your personal taste. Considering coupe i would go with CS, considering Spider i would prefer 430 if you are ready to spend much more than for 360. And if you upgrade your 360, it will be also amazing car..... :)))

3. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    Option one (upgrade your existing car) will cost you a few thousand dollars and option two (buying a 430 spider) will cost you your car plus a hundred thousand dollars. So the question is really how much money do you want to spend.

Spend $100K and get, among other things, an instant 100HP increase and super-fast shifting with the 430.

Spend less and get a freaking amazing exhaust system, some carbon fiber and other stuff... but it won't approach the performance of the 430.

Frank

4. Brav

Brav Formula 3

Nov 20, 2005
    OC, Rome
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I wouldnt expect hardly any gain with a new muffler. Do headers and 200 cel cats, you will feel some top end gain, and then software upgrade. That will probably get you 25-30hp all in..

Stay tuned for a hot body kit coming out on the market for the 360. Think Scuderia meets Stradale :D

5. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Is this kit going on your beast? ;)

6. Brav

Brav Formula 3

Nov 20, 2005
    OC, Rome
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Oh yes!

7. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Your stated performance gains are more then optimistic. Personally I would nix the software, (typically ridiculous and unsupported performance gains) that ultimately could result in a can of worms and would consider Hyper-Flow cats vs. cat bypass.
    Regardless, you won't squeeze out much gain from a 360 without evasive surgery.

8. craiginco

craiginco Karting

Jan 24, 2008
    Highlands Ranch
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Short thread and yet, one says software is good while another says software is bad. Anyone with the software have anything to add? Also, curious to how software effects trade in value. At some point I will probably trade in for a new Ferrari through a dealer and they will know if software has been there or not - any experiences?

9. bocaspyder360

bocaspyder360 Karting

Jan 18, 2008
    Is the 360 a sound car? any problems with the cars? I am looking to buy one soon, and just want to make sure there are no real issues with the cars.. what years are best ? What should I look for ? Interested in a F1 spider as first choice

10. Frenzo

Frenzo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2006
    Brisbane Australia
    Full Name:
    Brenden Bonning
    We have the software, but be aware that the gains for the different mods don't work cumulatively.
    You could do the exhaust and the software and discover that you have only gained about 70% of the total for the individual mods.
    The exhaust and software combination is a good example.
    The gain from the exhaust is through better breathing, but that is also part of what the software tries to achieve.
    The mods in themselves are fine, but don't have any unrealistic expectations as to what it will achieve, the 360 is already
    a very efficient engine.
    Good luck with your project. :)

11. craiginco

craiginco Karting

Jan 24, 2008
    Highlands Ranch
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Id rather upgrade my 360, cost is no object - what do I do do get to 450+ besides supercharge or turbo.

12. Brav

Brav Formula 3

Nov 20, 2005
    OC, Rome
    Full Name:
    Chris
    The only way to get to 450+ would be to increase the redline to prob 9k or more. To do that, you'd need custom tuning and prob valve/head work to let it safely get up that high. this engine is already puting out nearly 120hp/liter w mods.

13. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    Just wait a couple years and buy a 430.....eh? :D

14. mgtr1990

mgtr1990 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Naples Florida
    Full Name:
    Martin Graham
    Agree with Peter with a tubi/Hyperflows/ 430 wheels and Sport seats I have a tough time paying for the 430 the 360 is a great car and the mods make it even better