Tasty RV | FerrariChat

Tasty RV

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by UroTrash, Jan 27, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mclc26

mclc26 Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Wow! Never saw an RV with a 'tender'...

2. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Nothing says "wear my wheels bearings" like a cross country trip!

3. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    keep in mind these are not the same RVs. The Newell is the king of the road at $1.6M or so.

The one w/ the car inside is not a Newell you posted. While it is nice to have a car inside I guess - you do loose a lot of storage. Also curious where they moved the holding tanks?

I think it is an interesting concept I suspect a tow behind will prove to be better in the long run.

4. solofast

solofast Formula 3

Oct 8, 2007
    Indianapolis
    You have to admit that it is pretty clever. I would think that a lower more sporting car (like an Elise) would even be easier to fit under there... You probably have room for the holding tanks on the other side, since the car only takes up about 70% of the width.

And yes you do loose most of your "basement", but towing a trailer or even worse, flat towing a runabout car is really a PITA too... I could see some folks going for it.

5. DMOORE

DMOORE Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    [QUOTE
    The one w/ the car inside is not a Newell you posted. While it is nice to have a car inside I guess - you do loose a lot of storage. Also curious where they moved the holding tanks?

I think it is an interesting concept I suspect a tow behind will prove to be better in the long run.[/QUOTE]

No doubt. You would loose all the storage. And towing isn't a big deal at all. Especially a small car. Hell I tow an enclosed trailer every other weekend to the desert, and you can't even tell it's back there.

Darrell.

6. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!!!! :):)

7. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    #8 FarmerDave, Jan 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    What's the most compact Ferrari one could purchase? Are there any that fit inside this box?

MB SLK:
    Length 4087 mm (160.7 in)
    Width 1788 mm (70.4 in)
    Height 1298 mm (51.1 in)
    Curb weight 1495 kg (3300 lb)

Even a Dino would be a tight fit, lengthwise. Although I'm sure they could accomodate, I imagine the buyer has decent ability to order the RV to spec.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    250 SWB California Spyder
    Length 4200 mm (165.4 in)
    Width 1720 mm (67.7 in)
    Height 1370 mm (53.9 in)
    Weight 1200 kilo / 2645.5 lbs

9. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    Stick an Ariel Atom under there. 2 seater and street legal. Light and small for hauling.

10. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    That was on Top Gear aswell. They put a TVR underneath there (I think). Its amazing what some of these RV's...er Coaches are like. I was down at the RV show this weekend, some have tv's on the outside that are hidden by a panel. You open the panel up and you can watch tv outside at your RV site. Expensive stuff though.

11. DMOORE

DMOORE Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Darrell

We do it out in the desert all the time.

Darrell.