Some Skiing bits and Bobs | FerrariChat

Some Skiing bits and Bobs

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by 360stimo, Jan 27, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    #1 360stimo, Jan 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Guys. Spent this morning sorting through all my old ski equipment as i have new stuff. Got some stuff that i don't need (didn't realise i had 5 pairs of googles). So i have a Ski Jacket, two pairs of googles and some gloves going to someone who can provide a good home. I don't want any money for them, but i'd like to stress that i really want them to go to someone who will get a lot of use out of them and ski's frequently.

Jacket - Mens Medium Yellow O'neill jacket. Its a very good jacket. Its about 4 years old but still in great condition.
    Gloves - Mens Size 10 Hestra, Gore-Tex gloves (Red) Seriously good gloves in perfect condition.
    Cebe - Mens Ski/Snowboard Googles. Red with double red lense and something to note is that the lense is not very wide ( i don't like wide lenses)
    Cebe - Mens Ski/Snowboard Googles. Yellow with double yellow lense, again not a big lense (fits all sizes)

The Cebe googls have been used a lot, but are still in a very good condition. The guy i ski with is a proffesional/Sponsored Skiier and used to be sponsored by Cebe which is where the googles came from, so they are very good googles.

The different colour of the lenses is really about personal preference. These colour lenses are used because color enhances contrast, enabling you to make out shapes, objects, and bumps in the snow more clearly because it blocks out the blue, or hazy, end of the color spectrum. Polarized lenses also reduce the "bounce-back" of sunshine off snow and ice, but does make Ice hard to spot.

I used the Red ones in sunny conditions and the Yellow ones when the it was snowing or their was a lot of cloud.

Anyway, pics are below, let me know if its any good to anyone

Thanks
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. jarthur05

jarthur05 Karting

Mar 22, 2006
    Wiltshire, England
    Full Name:
    John A
    Hi

I'm off to Voss in 3 week's time, and am after a new jacket, amongst other things. I try to ski as often as I can, having been to Austria twice before and Sweden as well, so the apparel would get good use. You would be doing me a huge favour. Let me know if I can take them off your hands.

Kind regards
    John

3. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    Hi John,

i'd rather share the stuff around if i can, so one item each. If others don't want anything by end of tmrw you can have the lot, but for now just 1 item and you have option of which one you want !!!

Hope thats ok mate. Tell me which item you want and pm me your address

Chris

4. jarthur05

jarthur05 Karting

Mar 22, 2006
    Wiltshire, England
    Full Name:
    John A
    Of course, that's fine. If I could call shotgun on the jacket that would be great. PM sent.

5. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    Jacket on its way in the next couple of days.

6. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    Anyone else or John will get the lot !!!!!

7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Yellow does indeed 'pop' the snow surface on low light days....

Have fun!

I'll have to get a new gf to ever see the slopes again, Lady Valeria suits up in her jackets as it falls below 60 degrees F.....LOL!

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    My closet looks like a North Face display, and one year I even thought I needed a Willy Bogner....WTF was I even THINKING????

9. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    My mate's just got Helly Hansen as his main sponsor so i have brand new jacket and trousers - which is nice. Had to buy my own Oakley Goggles though, which is not on !!!!! ha ha

Going to try and steal his old ski's too in Feb, mine are old now and seriously battered !!!!

10. RTB

RTB Formula 3

Sep 5, 2006
    UK
    As an aside, I used to race GS on the US Pro tour in my youth (15 years ago!) and I would just like to say that the latest Ferrari skis are awesome. The "Limited Edition" skis (the "black" ones) are the best of the lot, and quite a revelation after all my years of skiing Salomon - in between a slalom and GS ski for turning on the piste, and superb in crud, bumps and off piste, and that's all quite unique for a single pair of skis!

11. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    I was talking about the Ferrari ski stuff on another Fer website recently saying how good they were and that i thought they were quite well priced. Although im not sure i could ever going skiing with any equipment branded Ferrari.

Have you ever used pilot system bindings with the Salomon Scream 10 ski's !!!! Im a big fan of the Salamon Scream stuff, being skiing on them for 5 years now

Oh all my bits and bobs have gone, now and will be on the way to those who pm'd me !!