Where's a good shop to get a PPI in KY? | FerrariChat

Where's a good shop to get a PPI in KY?

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by wingfeather, Feb 2, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wingfeather

wingfeather F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    rock bottom
    Any recommendations? I'm located in Lexington.

2. alfaron

alfaron Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Unique Automotive in Louisville (south of the inner loop at 3918 Bardstown Road) 502-452-2688. The owner, Bruce Domeck, has worked on my 1984 308 qv for the past nine years. He just finished recoring my radiator, putting in new coolant lines and foam and detailing the engine.

Bruce is the best and charges reasonable fees. He also is an active competitor in SVRA and is a past SCCA solo national champion.

Ron Lambring

3. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Put it on my lift and I will do a complete look through. What kind of Ferrari is it?

4. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    +2 send it to Silvergts1998.

5. wingfeather

wingfeather F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    rock bottom
    Sorry for the confusion - it is my own 348 Spider that I'm trying to sell. Prospective customers have asked if I will cooperate with a PPI. I do not want to take it to some shop I found in the phone book... heaven forbid Mater's Towing & Guns strips a spark plug well or tears a plug boot :eek:

But... I'll take you up on your offer ;) I'd trust you 100% As long as you'll field calls from buyers inquiring on the PPI :) Do you have a pressure gauge to screw into the 348's spark plug wells? And a coolant pressure applicator/gauge? Cylinder PSI & coolant system PSI - those seem to be what prospective buyers want to know.

6. ccashen

ccashen Karting

Oct 2, 2007
    This is good to know.

Silvergts1998 - do you have a shop? If so, where? I purchased a 1983 308 GTSi QV a few months ago (38k miles and all records since 1544 miles). A PPI was done by Ferrari of Atlanta and teh car is solid, but I will need someone to service it. I'd prefer to service it locally if possible. I'm in Lexington.

Thanks.

7. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    #7 silvergts1998, Feb 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Wingfeather, I have all the tools to do pretty much anything. I would love to do the PPI, but was just thinking this...it might not be good for me to do it because we know each other to a certain extent and may cause a conflict of interest? Not sure on your view but wouldn't want a perspective buyer to think I was making in any bias way. PPI's are pretty simple to do and I would probably be more stringent since I am a detailed kind of person. Give it some thought.

ccashen,

I do not have a shop, but pretty dang near it. I do a lot from my garage which is fully equipt to do pretty much any kind of majors. Getting an over size 3 car garage built, but for the most part, I am very detailed in what I do and take care of whatever I work on. I worked on Ferraris, Lambos, Vipers, Vettes and many other cars in the past. You might have seen one of my threads on this Ferrari..

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172024
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.

Hi Ron.

There are a few other guys around that are pretty happy with Bruce. Wingfeather if you don't take it to Adam for the conflict issue he mentioned you might check out this lead.

9. wingfeather

wingfeather F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    rock bottom
    Oh now you've done it! I'll never leave your garage ;)

10. RufMD

RufMD F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 31, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jas