Ultimate Auto Care Rocks! | FerrariChat

Ultimate Auto Care Rocks!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Modenafan, Feb 9, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    #1 Modenafan, Feb 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    On the recommendation of a fellow Fchatter, Jeffrey, I took my car to have a clear bra installed at Ultimate Auto Care. As of yesterday late afternoon I had no appointment and was on my way to pick up my car from Premier. Dave (Premier) was horrified that I might get a rock chip on his new paint job. :) Dave immediately called Sean (Ultimate) and asked if he would be willing to work on Saturday to install the clear bra. Sean, immediately gave the thumbs up and with very little begging. ;) I dropped my car off this morning with Sean and his crew. A little over 7 hours later the car was done and looks perfect. I can't say enough great things about the service and quality of the product I received from Sean. I drove 80 miles each way and wouldn't hesitate to go back for any future work that I may need in the future. Sean is a true professional and perfectionist. Thanks Jeffrey for the great referral. Here are a few pics from the install today. :) www.UltimateShield.com
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Guaruja

Guaruja Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2006
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Andre R
    Looks awesome. Hope to still get a ride in I someday. Saw a yellow CS at FOC today - never knew that color existed. Wonder if its a repaint.

3. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    There are many yellow CS's in the Socal area. I know of 3 for sure. I'll be at the VCR tomorrow, so if you're around, I'll give you a ride. :)

4. Jackmb1

Jackmb1 F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2005
    Very nice. How long does a clear bra last?

5. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Good question. I had my bumper done on my 360 and as far as I know it's still on and protecting. It's probably been 3 years. Maybe Kev 355 will chime in since he now has the car. :)

6. FastRed355

FastRed355 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Westwood
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Looks great!
    Curious, what happen to Envisiage? Lot of people including myself were happy with them.

7. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    i have 3M on my 360 front bumper. i recommend not getting any clear bra put on a front bumper. once u get a big rock chip on it, not only does it scar the 3M (the plastic or whatever high tech film it is flakes off and all you see is the white torned up edges on the rock chip), it will actually dent your paint. driving around with chipped up 3M ... isnt it the same as driving around with rock chips?

and also, if u decide to take off the 3m, sometimes your paint peels off by sticking onto the 3M.

please do not tell me that i just had a crappy 3m bra installation done, which i didnt. i used the best...Detailing Dynamics in NY.

its probably just more cost effective if you jsut get your bumper resprayed every couple/few years IMO

8. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Edre has a real job but is still doing installs on the side.

9. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I re-sprayed last March and when my car went in 4 weeks ago, I had more white than red on my bumper. When I purchased the CS it had a bra on the bumper and hood but poorly installed. I had my guy remove it and I was lucky that no paint came with it. I know this is not always the case. On my 360 I put a bra on 3 years ago and when I sold the car in September of 2006, there was just one or two imperfections from rocks and high speeds. I see the car every couple of weeks at our gatherings and it still looks good.

You're right about the chips going beyond the plastic, the plastic just hides a lot more of the stuff (usually) than not having it at all. I thought I would re-spray every year or so, but I got tired of looking at that poor bumper. I guess it's kind of an individual decision on the worst of the two evils. :)

10. waltferrari

waltferrari Karting

Dec 13, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Walter Lima
    Where's Ultimate Autocare located? And how much did you pay?

11. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    It's in Orange. Here's the link. www.UltimateShield.com

For wrapping the entire front end, bumper, fenders, hood and mirrors, the cost was $1,685.00

12. waltferrari

waltferrari Karting

Dec 13, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Walter Lima
    Thanks for the info Jon. I will call them. By the way, you mentioned mirrors, did you meant windshield?

13. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    No, I covered the back of the c/f mirrors. (driver & passenger)

He does offer a windshield protection plastic. The sheet covers the entire windshield and has a 2 year warranty. I'm thinking of doing this also after my new windshield is installed in the next week. I believe the price for this is $599 and has a 2 year warranty.

14. UltimateShield

Feb 9, 2008
    Thanks for the post and kind words Jon. Your business is much appreciated. Enjoy the protection!

Sean Heiland

Ultimate Shield