So 50 Cent has a f40, f50, and an Enzo | Page 11 | FerrariChat

So 50 Cent has a f40, f50, and an Enzo

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by egnahc, Nov 16, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Isn't it always?

2. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Unless the Ferrari owner was generous to just donate the cars to the show, I have no doubt MTV approached the owner with a large check for his vehicles.

3. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Unbelievable thread. I have lent cars to performers for videos. No big deal. It is good to have friends in various industries. You can actually learn something. Getting paid or not paid is irrelevant. If you really are worried about chump change then you probably aren't in a position to lend interesting cars

4. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    I wouldn't be surprised if companies were lining up at MTV willing to put their products on the show.

Custom choppers, cars....50 Cent is already a spokesperson for Pontiac, why not include it on the show?

5. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    Bingo!

6. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    The whole point DM18 is those so-called 'performer's' want make us believe THEY own the car's they are showing. I can care less about the image just dont lie about what is and is not your's.

7. 1timeposter

1timeposter Rookie

Dec 4, 2007
    This question could have been put to rest in the 2nd post.....the ******* made a comment about there not being a radio in the f50 "this must be a stock car." I'm a 21 year old kid with aspirations to be a truck driver and I know that up until very recently no ferrari had radios based on the idea that no artist has ever made anything more pleasant to listen to than one of those cars......50 cent is rich yes, but when being "chosen" to have one of those cars by ferrari, album sales is not in the criteria list. This guy has probably average wealth for the town he lives in, even being worth over 100m. On another note pretty amazing that someone would have all 3 of the ferrari super cars in the past 15 years. How many other collectors do you think can claim that? And if 50 and mtv really wanted to impress they would put only one car in the drive way....250 gto, but then 16 old marrissa sitting at home drinking vitamin water and texting would probably think it was a nissan, and stop buying his albums.

8. highway

highway Karting

Aug 27, 2007
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I love seeing threads like these. Honestly who cares if he rented them or not? He can clearly afford them if he choose to, even IF they were loaned. And again if he wanted to deck them out or modify them, its his choice he has worked hard for what he has. Whatever he does or says isn't going to affect anyones life on here. If you don't like him, don't buy his cds or support him, but as a person he has done well and I am happy to see someone get ahead in life.

And on a side note I thought buying a Ferrari at a young age would be a cool thing, but the amount of hate/jealousy I get from random people sometimes is amazing, I can only imagine being in his shoes.

9. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    Yeah, no joke. This thread reeks of a bunch of people trying to brag about what they know (supposedly) about a famous individual. I like some of his music and watching that episode of Cribs recently made me chuckle. 50 seemed like a prankster...do you guys really lose sleep over what he does or doesn't own?

10. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    I lose sleep over the fact that a guy like 50 Cent is getting paid to be a moron.

11. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    Why?

12. mrfissa

mrfissa Karting

May 27, 2005
    You're pretty smart for a 21 year old. Judging by the way you write your talents lie somewhere other than driving a truck.

Good post.

13. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike

It's not bashing the guy because he has the cars. If he did own all those I would actually have respect for him. It's exposing that he is a fake because he passes the cars off as being his. It would be a whole different story if he did not say they were HIS cars. Just makes you look stupid when you say something is yours and then get called out on it and exposed that it really isn't yours.

14. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    And all this time I thought reality TV was a crock of BS .... but it's actually real and 50 got exposed ... Oh My !!!

G

15. Tad Cody

Tad Cody Formula 3

Sep 9, 2006
    Over here!
    Full Name:
    Take a guess...
    50 Cent in Cocaine Video Scandal

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22880790-5001026,00.html

Suspicious behavior to say the least...

-Tad

16. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That was a bit odd, but the part that is even odder to me is that when they saw the reporter, the guy leaning over the table saw and just kept doing whatever he was doing and 50 Cent leaned over the table. Now If I got caught doing something I shouldn't be doing, I would have been more surprised and I would not have kept doing it like they were.

Hey, maybe 50 Cent was signing a contract with someone to borrow their cars while he was on tour there. HAHA

17. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Maybe he was surfing FerrariChat......?? Looking for pictures to download and post on his own website. :D

18. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That could be possible also. That way when his friends say they have an F50 he can say "me too" Or maybe he just needs new cars to put in his driveway for another show. Or maybe he was rolling a blunt. I vote on the blunt!

19. acarey617

acarey617 Karting

Jul 30, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I've been to his house, I know one of his neighbors, those aren't his. Let's put that to rest. Of course he could afford them. But he probably prefers the cars he has.

And to the guy who said he was "average wealth for his town?" Try again, he is, to my knowledge, by far the wealthiest resident of Farmington. It's not a "rich" town by any means...it's nice, and it has some rather large, older expensive homes, but it's in the greater Hartford Area. Fairfield County, particularly Greenwich, New Canaan, Wesport, etc. is where the real money is.

20. DennisForza

DennisForza Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    There are a few folks in Farmington with as mch or more wealth than 50Cent, they just live FAR below their means and have their wealth invested in far less liquid assets than him

21. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    And that's a good thing? You only live once... :)

22. DennisForza

DennisForza Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    For the folks that their businesses are keeping employed and helping to grow the economy in good times and keep it afloat in bad, I would say it is a very good thing that the world has such people.

23. rosso_fanatic

rosso_fanatic Formula Junior

May 11, 2007
    Long Beach
    Full Name:
    Wes
    Even if those cars don't belong to 50 Cent I find it curious why the producers of the show chose those specific cars. I suppose it could be for the huge amount of money they represent but it seems they could have found new cars of equal value. The highly publicized aspect of the hip-hop industry is all about having the new and most expensive things. When Gucci comes out with their new line you buy one of everything. When Cartier comes out with a new watch you buy a dozen of them each with different colored faces to match whatever you're wearing. When Lamborghini comes out with their new model you buy one of those also. I find it hard to understand then why they would put one car thats over a decade old and another thats nearly two decades old on his crib episodes. The rappers regularly have chevelles and old Impalas and those type of cars but when it comes to European Exotics they're almost always less than 5 years old. Interesting choice. I wonder if he complained about "dos old ass Ferraris" making him not look like a "balla?"

24. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    How long before 250 GTO's show up with Donks?

25. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    If that ever happens, Luca Di Montezemolo needs to come over to the US and b!tch-slap someone, and take the car back home.

These cars are classic works of art, not 'bling'.