Wing shield badges | FerrariChat

Wing shield badges

Discussion in '360/430' started by T-Bone360, Feb 4, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. T-Bone360

T-Bone360 Rookie

Feb 4, 2008
    I have a 360 Modena without wing badges. I don't want the expense of new wings!! I have heard that I might be able to get enamel badges (about 1/2 thickness) which stick on. Does anyone know of this and where I might get some?? Thanks

2. masar

masar Formula 3

Aug 19, 2007
    Czech republic
    Full Name:
    Petr
    I am not sure if saying "wing" badges you mean fender scuderia shields or something else. If you mean the shields, check with Daniel from Ricambi (sponsor on this site). They have it, good quality, easy to put on. I bought them in past as well......

Below is link
    http://www.ricambiamerica.com/product_info.php?products_id=261283

3. T-Bone360

T-Bone360 Rookie

Feb 4, 2008
    Cheers masar. I'll give them a call.

check your PM

4. T-Bone360

T-Bone360 Rookie

Feb 4, 2008
    Cheers masar. Contacted Ricambi and ordered enamel shields over the phone. Expect them within the week. Excellent tip, thanks

5. masar

masar Formula 3

Aug 19, 2007
    Czech republic
    Full Name:
    Petr
    You are welcome, glad i could help you :)

6. craiginco

craiginco Karting

Jan 24, 2008
    Highlands Ranch
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Ive never added these as cars with them have a slight indent (by the factory) where the shields go. If you just stick them on the side, don't they look like someone just stuck a metal sticker on the side of a car?? I personally dont like them but everyone else seems to including the dealers for re-sale.

7. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I'm with you. When I get my 360 I do want the shields, but only the factory versions with the indented fenders.

Of course, I stuck the metal ones on my 328! I'm a paradox! ;)

8. masar

masar Formula 3

Aug 19, 2007
    Czech republic
    Full Name:
    Petr
    These shields are very thin so it does not look so bad compare OEM even there is no the indent.

9. mgtr1990

mgtr1990 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Naples Florida
    Full Name:
    Martin Graham
    I put the thin version on my 360 looks great I dont think the cost of indenting justifies the extra cost.

10. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Neither do I, that's why I'll find one with factory shields.

11. mgtr1990

mgtr1990 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Naples Florida
    Full Name:
    Martin Graham
    I would not let a good car with the options you want and low milage get away because it does not have the factory shields the difference is not worth that much.

12. achilles99

achilles99 Karting

Sep 26, 2004
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    LT
    +1

I was deciding on two similar red 360's. One had the indented shields, but had 5k more miles. I chose the lesser mile car with the decal shields. To be honest, they look almost identical to me. The "decals" are great quality... very thin but definitely more substantial than just a "sticker."

13. brokenleg

brokenleg Rookie

May 16, 2007
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I believe the thinnest shields are from Yoshield, they are closer to the raised thickness of the factory shields than some others.

14. masar

masar Formula 3

Aug 19, 2007
    Czech republic
    Full Name:
    Petr
    I believe that the ones from Ricambi are same.....

15. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

The Yoshield is not a Ferrari licensed product.

And as a rule, Ferrari frowns on knock off products. I have no idea how he's lasted this long without a cease and decist from FNA.

DM

16. 360blue

360blue Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2007
    Hancock Park
    Full Name:
    adil
    Yoshields are an excellent product and priced right. Besides he is there if there is a problem. That is how he has lasted that long. AF.

17. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I have shields from Daniels contact and they are so good I almost faked out a concourse judge!!!! He actually took a double look and finally said to me, "those aren't real are they??", I laughed and said "no, but don't gig me they almost faked you!". We both had a laugh.

Robert