Buying watches off the internet | FerrariChat

Buying watches off the internet

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by italiafan, Feb 20, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Are there any internet watch retailers that have an impeccable track record?

I have been looking at Zenith, really like the Chronomaster Open Retrograde XXT, list 27K but internet discounted to 18K is very attractive....

Looking at Swissluxury.com, but know nothing about them.

Thanks.

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    If you buy off the internet from any unauthorized dealer, you're gambling with the (small%) price difference because the manufacturer's warranty will be voided.

3. PaulC

PaulC Formula 3

Feb 11, 2003
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Paul
    http://www.thetimezone.com/

They are authorized and only give price over the phone. I bought a watch for my wife from them because they were the lowest price, although that is not always the case. It just depends on what you are looking at.

4. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
    If you are buying a Zenith Chronomaster, make sure the factory warranty IS attached.
    Very few can work on the El Primero properly (although a lot of people say they can). It is not a watch I would want an internet store to say "we'll send it to our guy to fix, dont worry about it."
    I wanna hear "we'll send it to the factory right away, sir." (with docs to verify)

after 20+years in the watch biz, trust me on this one

5. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
  6. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    The man....... :):)

7. rkrenek

rkrenek Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2003
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob
  8. 150shot

150shot Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2003
    San Dimas, CA
    I have had luck in EBay buying and selling, just do your research in going this route.

Even better luck at www.collectorstime.com

I bought a watch there, it got here in I think less than a week from overseas! Communication was great, watch has been flawless for two plus years- fully genuine. I have no complaints.
    I emailed a few people that had put some testimonials in and all had great responses. They carry Zenith as well. I dont know how they offer such low prices on some of these watches.

9. Mike J

Mike J Formula Junior

May 10, 2005
    Ship Bottom, NJ
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Agreed.

I have purchased at least 10 watches from Zeetan at www.collectorstime.com

All watches come with the manufacturer's warranty card that has been stamped by an authorized dealer. I have purchased JLC, AP, IWC and a GP from Zeetan and have always been 100% satisfied. The watches are sourced from authorized dealers in Singapore. In short, all U.S. service centers will honor the warranty card.

10. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

www.proworth.com

bought two high end ulysse nardin watches from them and was VERY pelase with price and quality.

11. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    thanks guys, this is all very helpful.

12. LennyZeutzius

LennyZeutzius Karting
    BANNED

Dec 21, 2004
    Palmdale, CA
    Full Name:
    Lenny
    FWIW

I bought a watch, sight unseen, from these guys : WWW.ValenciaTimeCenter.Com (Chris)

I couldn't be happier. Very honest and professional. VTC is the only place I'll deal with going forward.

13. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    FChat sponsors are good and also PM Darth as his better (and considerably better looking) half is into this field and impeccably trustworthy.

14. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I bought my Omega Speedmaster from these guys, I was also very happy with the transaction.

15. jlspeed29

jlspeed29 Karting

Nov 30, 2007
    The Golden State
    authenticwatches.com.

check them out...they seem to have a legit model and list a physical address on their site....

anyone deal with them?

16. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul

I wondered the same thing -- they have great prices and 5000 all-positive ebay feedback, which is a stunning accomplishment (counter to the "can't please all the people all the time" maxim).