Richest Man in India Builds $1 Billion Home | FerrariChat

Richest Man in India Builds $1 Billion Home

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by mclc26, Feb 20, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mclc26

mclc26 Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Reported by The Huffington Post-

What would you do if your net worth were $22 billion? If you were Indian businessman Mukesh Ambani, you might build yourself the world's most expensive home. As designed by Chicago architecture firm Perkins + Will, the in-progress glass-tower is estimated at $1 billion and is known to feature, at the least, a health club, multiple "safe" rooms, 3 helipads, 168 parking spaces and require 600 servants to maintain, and physically, the structure stands at 27 stories, or 570 feet tall.

According to the Mumbai Mirror, the tower will also contain:

Floor for car maintenance Sources said the Ambanis would prefer to have all their cars serviced and maintained at an in-house service centre. This centre will be set up on the seventh floor.
    Entertainment floor
    The eighth floor will have an entertainment centre comprising a mini-theatre with a seating capacity of 50.

Balconies with gardens
    The rooftop of the mini-theatre will serve as a garden, and immediately above that, three more balconies with terrace gardens will be independent floors.

The 'health' floors
    While the ninth floor will a 'refuge' floor -- meant to be used for rescue in emergencies -- two floors above that will be set aside for 'health.' One of these will have facilities for athletics and a swimming pool, while the other will have a health club complete with the latest gym equipment.

Family
    The four floors at the top, that will provide a view of the Arabian Sea and a superb view of the city's skyline, will be for Mukesh, his wife Neeta, their three children and Mukesh's mother Kokilaben.

Air space floor
    According to the plan, two floors above the family's residence will be set aside as maintenance areas, and on top of that will be an "air space floor," which will act as a control room for helicopters landing on the helipad above.

A video of the construction in progress - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP-ASxlu1eE

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Awesome. Remnds me of those towers in Sim City.

3. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Wonder if he has any exotics. I might be going to India, around Mumbai for a wedding, and to visit my grandparents. I want to check this the progress if I go.

He has a Maybach for sure,
    Six floors for parking
    The first six floors — which have come up — will be reserved for parking alone, and that too for cars belonging only to Mukesh's family. Space for a total of 168 'imported' cars has been earmarked here.

4. Dilancer

Dilancer F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Dilan B.
    Looks like a pretty sick house. Can't wait to see it after its done.

5. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    #5 Ferrariman355, Feb 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    i just laugh at the posts on you tube about it . man it's worse there than the aussie section here :D

7. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    It looks like a stack of mismatched text books & operating manuals.

8. sailor2

sailor2 Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2004
    It's a cool idea, but it looks tacky for a billion dollars. I think I made the same design when I was 4 with legos.

9. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I wonder if they have property taxes there? I like the idea of the home. I don't know how it will turn out but I'll bet it will be a cool thing. When he goes to sell one day, who will buy it??

10. gougoul

gougoul Formula 3

Nov 25, 2004
    Geneva, Switzerland
    And that's today. Try to imagine it in 5-10 years.
    And that's if the guy doesn't run out of cash by then.

Still, it's something else than the zillionst iteration of the Louis Whatever meets Sheikh Oumak palace with acres of gold and mirrors.
    Still it shows that even when getting help from the outside, Indians' bad taste prevails :)

11. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    I can understand the need for 170 parking spaces, but who in the world would actually want to live in such a ho...no, not house, in such a building? With 600 employees? It has to be like living in your office. I'd know other ways to spend that money...

12. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    I was 2... and it was Duplos...

13. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    could he EVER sell it and stay in the black?

14. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I bet it would be tuff to find a buyer if he was to sell it.

15. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    Taj Mahal - it is NOT. But then, you should not expect the Byzantine if you hired your architect in CHICAGO -

16. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    It looks like something that Blowfeld would own in a up coming James Bond movie.

17. Pagani16

Pagani16 Formula 3

Apr 25, 2005
    SoCal(San Diego)
    Full Name:
    Jason T.
    I would have picked a better neighborhood. With that kind of money get away from everyone, the view is better from afar.

18. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    nice residence,
    but i guess.. he could have done better with his money and help the poor ppl in India. I think India is a beautifull and
    spiritual country. Well, lets hope there are more Sai Baba and Mother Theresa. . and help the world.

19. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    Actually, it kind of looks like vaults and dollar bills. :D

The structure resembles an office building...why not come up with a better design with all of that money?

20. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Note to self: While family is safe on 9th floor un-secret hideaway, empty first 6 floors of selected vehicles.

21. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Meh.

The palace thing might be overdone but for $1b I wouldn't want to live in an office building. Not unless I just had a penthouse and the other 26 stories were tenant businesses making money.

For $1b I'd either do a castle/palace (French style too!), or an island compound.

22. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    You can do better with 1 billion $......................................... Nutcase.

23. lesterm

lesterm Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Durham, NC
    I hope his 600 employees never revolt. Maybe that's why he has the safe rooms ;)

24. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Id also buy more land with $1b , and id have a private race track .And a big aquarium with a great white shark !

25. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Who wants to bet that after 6 months he's sick of living so "vertically". It will be a high-end hotel 5 years after it's finished.