OT - Anyone know where I can buy PAGID brake pads? | FerrariChat

OT - Anyone know where I can buy PAGID brake pads?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by leburpor, Feb 22, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. leburpor

leburpor Karting

Aug 11, 2005
    Adelaide
    Apologies in advance for raising this non-ferrari related topic, but I hoping that as most of you here are car enthusiasts, you guys can help me.

I'm looking to buy Pagid brake pads for my BMW M5. So far I've only found one distributor in Sydney (BSM Sport) and they don't know if there is a set for the M5, even though the main Pagid web page states that they make it. They're investigating it at the moment.

In the mean time, would any of you know of another distributor of Pagid brake pads in Australia, preferably South Australia? I've tried Googling it but not much luck..

Thanks!

2. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Try race brakes, melbourne clutch and brakes or ring Phil.

3. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  4. beama

beama F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve. G.
    Try Barry Smith in Canberra. I get my Pagid pads from him, just a phone call and they are usually delivered next day. Unfortunately, I am interstate at the moment and don't have his number with me. Can give it to you on Mon/Tue.

5. robbo mcs

robbo mcs Karting

Nov 2, 2005
    Hi,

Try Race Brakes in Melbourne. Ask for Howard. He can get everything, knows what he is talking about and is motivated to help you.

When I needed some weird endurance pads manufactured for my car, he was on the phone to Endless in Japan, got it all sorted out within 24 hours, and custom made pads were delivered to my door in less than a week.

Lots of people also tell me good things about Barry Smith in Canberra. I spoke to him in person at last years Bathurst 12 hour about the same endurance pads "yeah yeah yeah no problem", no reponse after a month, subsequently rang him 3 times, no response to my calls etc etc. I think he either thought I was a BS artist, or he put it in the "too hard basket" or my messages were not getting through. So despite lots of good recommendations from other people I couldn't recommend him.

BTW, don't ring howard and say "I want the Pagids", tell him you have heard good things about the pagids, tell him what you are doing and you will actually end up with the right pads for your use. He will be able to offer several options.

Cheers

Robbo

6. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    lol..ring his neck!

7. leburpor

leburpor Karting

Aug 11, 2005
    Adelaide
    Good suggestion. However, Pagids are what the guys at M5Board.com recommended for track work, especially the RS19 (now RS29) compound. Nevertheless, I'll still ask the question.

Steve, would you mind checking out the link below? I would appreciate your input on what else I can do to the M5 :)
    http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=112909

Thanks everyone for your input. I've got good leads now and have sent emails to some of these guys.

8. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    sell it and buy a porsche?

9. leburpor

leburpor Karting

Aug 11, 2005
    Adelaide
    maybe in a couple of years....dedicated track car = 997 GT3 :D

10. ASIO

ASIO Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 15, 2006
    LOL

Nasty work PP, but funny in a sick way!

--------------------------------------

As long as you have the genuine part #, just buy the pads o/s, ease with email and c/card, be on your doorstep in a week or so.Under $1000 no issues with customs either.MUST go by post, the couriers like UPS/FEDEX etc can sometimes want goods to be cutoms-cleared at your expense.

I am buying heaps of junk from o/s and of course ebay...

Ciao

M

11. beama

beama F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve. G.
    Can't really improve on the info/advise on the m5 board, as it's very good. My thoughts are that to spend heaps on a lot of suspension mods etc would not give you that much more in proportion to $$ spent. Personally, I would just upgrade to the Pagid pads ( the yellow RS29's are great) , high temp brake fluid and maybe the braided lines. Would also dial in as much negative camber as is possible with just the current suspension. Once you have improved your times a bit more, then get some track tyres. At the end of the day, it is not a track car but can be great fun driving it to its best ability on the track.