Finally!!!! | FerrariChat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juggernaut84

Juggernaut84 Guest

Dec 22, 2007
    Somewhere in Cali
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Hey guys, its Keith again and I have some good news to tell you all. I finally got an internet hookup in my room over here so I'll be able to check my mail more often now. Also, if you guys check out the new FOW newsletter that just came out yesterday, there's a short story of me in there. Of course none of that would've been possible if it wasn't for you guys. I'd like to thank all of you and FOW for making that happen. As far as the whole experience over here, It's still hotter than ever but knowing me I always manage to find something to occupy my time. Whether its shootin guns, reading a few FORZA mags or just taking a few minutes to tell my loved ones and you all I'm doing good. Anyway, check out the newsletter on the FOW news section and let me know what you guys think. I'm gonna go and grab some food over at Burger King. And yes there is one over here, and even a Macdonalds so life over here is somewhat like the states. Only there's sand everywhere...lol. Alright guys, it was good to finally be able to keep in touch more often with you all. I've got 6 more weeks to go before I'm back on a C130 heading outta of this place. Hope things are goin good over there, and I look forward to my return. Stay safe and god bless.

Semper Fidelis

Cpl Keith Lyles
    United States Marine Corps Forces Command

2. SATedeschi

SATedeschi Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2007
    USA Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve Tedeschi
    I'm sure you hear this all the time but thank you and your team for everything you do to protect us all. Looking forward to seeingyou state side. The FCA news letter just came, but didn't notice the article. Not sure if I have seen the FOW news letter. If you have a copy to post that would be great.

3. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Keith---Did you get the pics I sent???

4. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    The FOW newsletter is on this web page:
    http://www.fwash.com/tce/news.htm

Latest issue is the link for "Issue Eight - March 2008".
    It pops open a new browser window and opens up a 12-page full color PDF file. Nice.
    Like it says, "Live the dream".

Kyle's story is on page 2.

On page 7 are a few unusual photos of Danica Patrick (Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue).

I believe the "High Road Auto Group" is the collective name of "Ferrari/Maserati/Lamborghini of Washington" combined with "Maserati of Baltimore". They also have used the acronym "TCE" (for "The Complete Experience") in the past.

The last sentence in Kyle's article on page 2 is a good one (although last name has a "T" in it). :)

5. Juggernaut84

Juggernaut84 Guest

Dec 22, 2007
    Somewhere in Cali
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Yeah, I got the bonfire pics you sent. They turned out really good. Thanks for the motivation.

6. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    That was a great article by FoW. Be safe over there and look forward to seeing you when you get back.

7. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    An entire paragraph on Fchatters bashing FoW----WOw---Didn't think the dealer really cared about Fchat....I guess someone struck a nerve with FoW----Great article otherwise...

8. SATedeschi

SATedeschi Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2007
    USA Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve Tedeschi
    Thanks Toggie. A nice heart warming story.

9. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    Thanks, but I did little to nothing. All I did was tell the editor of the FOW newsletter, Neil Sylinski, an overview of Keith Lyles visit story and where to find pieces of it here on fchat.
    My understanding is that Neil then talked to a handful of people and got permission to quote them for the article (myself included).
    So, the credit for the article belongs to Neil.

10. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Good to see you posting Keith! we'll plan another get together (maybe a nice drive) when you return. About that article.... too bad the editor felt the need to put a negative spin on an otherwise upbeat intention. I wish FOW and everyone else would stop with the us vs. them mentality..... alot of us are owners, FCA members, Fchatters, older, younger and FOW customers.... when will that be clear?

11. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    When will they learn it's not us vs them---It's Wetpet vs them....:D:D:D:D

12. Juggernaut84

Juggernaut84 Guest

Dec 22, 2007
    Somewhere in Cali
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Back again, and thanks for the replies. I have a little over 4 and a half more weeks here and I'll be home. Our unit's work here is pretty much finished, and I've met lots of great people who live in this country. I'll be around on the forums checkin out some of the older posts. Good to hear from you guys again.

13. DennisForza

DennisForza Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Stay Safe Devil Dog!