328 at Motorcar Gallery | FerrariChat

328 at Motorcar Gallery

Discussion in '308/328' started by ferrari3.2T, Mar 2, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrari3.2T

ferrari3.2T Rookie

Nov 22, 2007
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Full Name:
    Charles E Jacobs jr
    I am interested in the 1986 328 that is at Motorcar Gallery in Ft. Lauderdale, any comments about it? They seem to have all the information about the car, the price is $44,500 for it...
    What shop would be a good shop in the Ft. Lauderdale area to do a pre purchase inspection?

Thanks in advance!

2. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    This car was discussed in another thread in the 308/328 section

3. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Charles, Is this what you're talking about? If it is then I've seen the car when I visited my friend in in Hollywood Fl. The car seems to be a clean car although I didn't hear it run but according to my friend they have good reputation. If you are serious I can have my friend look at the car for you, he's only 10 min. away from Motorcar Gellery.

If you don't mind the color of the interior then you should be ok.

Here is the link: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186959

4. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Price is very good for the mileage/model, but make sure you like the color combination, because it won't be as easy to re-sell later as the usual red or black.

Good luck!

5. D.Mauro

D.Mauro Formula 3

Jun 18, 2006
    Cumming/ Hlwd Fl
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I have seen this car a few times, great dealer been around for ages. Call Tim Stanford for a ppi 1-954-764-7824.

6. ferrari3.2T

ferrari3.2T Rookie

Nov 22, 2007
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Full Name:
    Charles E Jacobs jr
    I will probably line up a PPI on the car next week...records show last belt change in 2002, so that would need to be done....

7. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    +1 on Tim Stanford!!!!

JIM

8. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    You'll probably want to have a full major service done, if it's been 6 years. That means valve adjustment, belt/tensioner bearings, water pump if it looks old or is leaking, etc. Ask Tim Stanford what it would cost and figure it into your budget.

9. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    I called on the car back in January. Mr. Waterman told me he entered it in the RM Auction, and so it really wasn't "for sale" until the auction transpired. I don't think the auction has occured yet.

10. MondiAl87

MondiAl87 Karting

Oct 10, 2005
    Sacramento Area
    Full Name:
    Al D.
    This is where I got my Mondi. I had looked for a Blue Sera colored one for almost a year. I was in Miami for a conference saw their listing on the web, paid $150 for a roundtrip cab ride, Ed wated after hours for me to arrive. I had Tim Stafford do the PPI and trucked in out two weeks later. That was almost 4 years and 20k miles ago. Have no regrets. I could have done business with Ed Waterman on a handshake. He's old school, though he won't give much on the prices. If it's the car for you, +/- $5k you wont even remember relative to the fun you'll have...I don't remember mine!

Tell Ed that Al from California and the 87 blue Mondi says Hello!

11. doug328

doug328 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    The Space Coast, FL
    Full Name:
    Doug B
    I second for Tim Stanford. One of the best around when it comes to the 3X8 series, and he is only about 10 minutes away. He did my last major service. Will go back to him again.
    Tim Stanford Foreign Cars, Inc.
    287 S.W. 33 ST
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL. 33315
    954-764-7824

12. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    A BIG thumbs up for Tim Stanford! He did my A/C on my '82 when we were down in Miami visiting friends last year. Great guy and incredibly knowledgeable and most importantly for south Florida HONEST and FAIR..