Stebro, HELP!!!!! Beware! | FerrariChat

Stebro, HELP!!!!! Beware!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Ray G, Feb 29, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ray G

Ray G Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    Newport, RI
    Does anybody here have any influence with Stebro? I paid for an exhaust for my Lamborghini Jalpa six months ago and never received it. He told me they had it in stock when I ordered it. Then came the typical stories of lost in shipping, etc. He's been promising me a refund ever since but he still hasn't come through. I paid with a Visa and he says he cannot credit my visa but only give me a refund through Amex or paypal. (strange) I said fine credit me via paypal. Then there was a story about 4 days to clear, etc. Over 10 days after that he said "it won't be long now". And now I am getting no response whatsoever! (tried both calling and e-mails)
    I tried getting my Visa card to help but they say too much time has elapsed. Anybody have any ideas?? Thanks.

2. James in Denver

James in Denver Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
    Stebro doesnt have a very good reputation here on FChat, I'm very sorry you're having difficulties. I truely hope it gets resolved soon.

James in Denver

3. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Another satisfied Stebro customer. I've said it before and I'll say it again , I can not figure out how they are still in business when x-ost is in the same ballpark price wise.

4. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dan Petschenig

[email protected]

I'd just bombard him with calls and emails until he complies. Trust me, posting here isn't going to sway him.

It's unfortunate, they make a very nice exhaust system. The one for my Dino was first rate.

The x-ost system that i put on my car last year took about 6 or 7 hours of re-fabrication to make it fit. Cut off both exhausr flanges, re-bent most of the tubes nad had to relocate all of the mounting brackets.

And when we were done, the x-ost system cost me some HP, too.

DM

5. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    BBB Reliability Report for
    Stebro PSD Ltd
    The BBB reports on businesses, both accredited and non-accredited. If an organization is a BBB Accredited business, it is stated in this report.
    Name: Stebro PSD Ltd
    Phone: (888) 878-3276
    Address: 6939 McKeown Drive
    Greely, ON K4P 1A1
    Principal: Dan Petschenig
    Customer Contact: Dan Petschenig
    File Open Date: September 2005
    TOB Classification: Auto Parts & Supplies-New
    BBB Accreditation: This organization is not a BBB Accredited business.

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record of complaints with the BBB due to failure to respond to one or more complaints and or two or more otherwise unresolved complaints.

When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

The BBB processed a total of 4 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period.Of the total of 4 complaints closed in 36 months, 2 were closed in the last year.

Billing or Collection Issues (Claim alleging billing errors, unauthorized charges, or questionable collection practices). The company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to the BBB.

Delivery Issues Unresolved - The company failed to resolve the complaint issues.

2 - Company failed to resolve the complaint issues through the BBB voluntary and self-regulatory process.

Product Issues - Claim alleging a product does not meet the expectations of the complainant, including defective merchandise. No Response - The company failed to respond to the complaint.

1 - Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

Additional Contact Information

Additional Phone Numbers
    Tel: (613) 821-9693

Report as of February 29, 2008
    Copyright© 2008 BBB®, Inc.

If you choose to do business with this business, please let the company know that you contacted the BBB for a report. BBB reports may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.

The information in this report has either been provided by the company or has been compiled by the BBB from other reliable sources.

As a matter of policy, the BBB does not endorse any product, service or company. BBB reports generally cover a three-year reporting period, and are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Information contained in this report is believed reliable but not guaranteed as to accuracy. Reports are subject to change at any time.

6. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John

7. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    So you have a 50/50 shot of being very happy or exremely unhappy. Great way to do business.

8. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Sorry to hear about this Ray, hope you get it worked out. Have you decided what you are going to do with your Diablo?

9. Ray G

Ray G Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    Newport, RI
    Funny you should ask, your answer is on Ebay!

UPDATE: Received a partial refund from Stebro today. Who knows when I'll see the rest.

10. Ray G

Ray G Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    Newport, RI
    Update: Received the rest of my refund via paypal today! Amazing, it came down to me having to constantly bug him until I finally got paid.

11. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    So what will you do now, or what will you consider getting for an exhaust?

12. Ray G

Ray G Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    Newport, RI
    I've since sold the Jalpa so I don't need an exhaust anymore. I'm putting larini test pipes on my Countach now and I can't wait to hear it!

13. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    The squeaky wheel gets the grease. :)

14. 412monzaindy

412monzaindy Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2005
    Ontario Canada
    Full Name:
    PBI
    The saga continues.

I have never heard of so many excuses when it comes to provide products in a timely manner. It turns out that the company is currently undergoing some changes, to put it bluntly.

I was told that there will be a new competitor ( ex employee ) producing the same type products.

I guess time will tell.

Anyway I haven't received my high flows cats yet. I will wait patiently.

In the mean time I will be looking elsewhere.

15. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Did I mention I am sponsored by ANSA???

Best wishes, I hate to see anyone ripped off.

My units are not "in stock", but at least they do business in a straightforward manner...

16. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Check with Daniel at Ricambi and get the Hyperflow cats. Can't go wrong and the customer service is THE BEST!!

17. vipermann123

vipermann123 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2005
    Irvine, Ca
    Full Name:
    Uzy Malik
    So sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Keep after them ....don't let them get away with your money.

Actually, call your credit card company, and dispute the charges. (That will get their attention)

Thanks,
    UZY

18. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 30, 2006
    Keep hounding/threatening Dan... it's the only way to get anything done. Took 3 months of calls, emails, and threats for me to get my system (for the Fiat 124, not the Dino). System looks beautiful now that it's here, I haven't installed it yet. Thanks to me and a few others with complaints, they got kicked off eBay. I'd probably never take a chance with them again, but for what I paid ($300/shipped for a full stainless 124 exhaust) I'm happy.

19. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Call Visa and report the theft of your money.

20. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris

Do you know this for a fact?
    I think I saw stebro listed last week under 'performance stebro'.
    It looked like the original stebro ads although I note that I didnot see their ads when I just checked a few minutes ago.

21. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 30, 2006
    I haven't looked in a while, but at least one of their accounts (the one I bought from) was no longer registered last I checked. that was the one with multiple negative feedback listings. There was at least one other Stebro account with mostly positive feedback (and lots of it) but haven't seen that selling anything recently. A search for stebro used to turn up pages of exhaust systems. Now there's nothing, from what I've seen.

22. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Stebro are known and documented ****s here on FChat. They certainly treated me with lies and many false promises of delivery.
    After almost a year I had to call my card company and reverse the charges.

They should be ashamed of themselves, behaving as common scam artists.

23. Drew_4RE

Drew_4RE Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 19, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    Drew
    Please, please, please post a video when you do!!

24. rsqrd308

rsqrd308 Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick Roth
    I bought a Stebro for my 308GTS, on Ebay. Unit was shipped in, no problem, best offer price seemed fair.

When I went to mount it, it was completely wrong. I called and spoke with Dan, who indicated that the unit must have been for another year and/or config. Shipped me a new unit 2 days later, fit perfectly and did the job.

I still have the old unit as they never told me to ship it back and of course I wasn't going to pay to do so. Guess it's mine now.

But I have to say, they treated me well and I got what I order and then some.

25. WilyB

WilyB F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 23, 2007
    AZ
    I too got great price and timely delivery on a Stebro for my "t" about 18 months ago.

Luck of the draw?